Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Lias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright ! I succeeded in making it work now, oddly enough, it seems that the cakes.dat from 125 build is not working for me...
But now, my .cia that I installed previously on my backup Emunand are not showing... (Mostly TitleManager, installed via FBI before backing up and injecting the Emunand). Is there any way to inject it on the Emunand directly please ?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This belongs here:
twocows said:
Hey there,

This looks pretty neat. Any chance we'll get it on Cakes once you've finished hardmodding your 3DS?
mid-kid said:
The reboot patches need to be fixed to reboot properly into (a patched) TWL/AGB. I haven't had time to look into that, along with the fact I currently have other priorities. But yes, once that exists, a few lines have to be added to CakesFW to support patching TWL (The code to support AGB was done in such a way that supporting TWL is very simple), add the patches themselves, and it's done. It ain't very hard, there just has to be someone with enough motivation.

Last edited by mid-kid,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm trying to play GBA games and I already patched both, sysnand and emunand AGB_Firm but I keep getting a plain black screen, no errors, just a black screen. The weird thing is that they do work with RxTools tho.

Something went wrong with the patching, try again. rxTools completely ignores whatever AGB_FIRM you may have installed in NAND due to reboot patches.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've had this for awhile, just haven't posted it, patches AGB_FIRM on the fly, only works on o3ds currently and is basically just rxTools code (I mean the signature patch process is generally super simple, once it's figured out that is.)

Tested and working

http://www.mediafire.com/?24bq7d4uh623d10

How can I use this? the cake doesn't shows on the "Select Patches" menu :/

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,
D

Deleted User

Just want to leave feedback and thanks on multi emunand it's working perfect. I decided to test it with 3 separate unlinked emunands with all being different regions and on the same sd card. And its faultless thanks @mid-kid
Here's video proof.

How exactly do you create more than one emunand?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I've had this for awhile, just haven't posted it, patches AGB_FIRM on the fly, only works on o3ds currently and is basically just rxTools code (I mean the signature patch process is generally super simple, once it's figured out that is.)

Tested and working

http://www.mediafire.com/?24bq7d4uh623d10

Do i still need to install the gba virtual console cia to emunand and sysnand with this?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah you have to I believe, but you can also install the game in sysnand and a tiny 500kb fowarder on emunand.
Hmmmz,

I do not play many/often GBA VC (moslty use mu GBA-SP for that :D )
But when i do on my O3DSXL i think i'll keep doing what i used to be:
- Boot into rxTools on my O3DSXL (using ctrBootManager) and start GBA VC from there, that works without installing to sysnand
(CakesCFW is my default bootCFW in ctrBootManager)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: