[Release]BootNTR Selector

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nanquitas, Jul 1, 2016.

1. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Streaming isn't supported on o3DS.

2. Real.96

Real.96 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    O3DS can't video streams unfortunately

3. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    So what's the deal with the backlight feature? I can't remember if it broke again after it was last fixed but the option isn't there any more (I'm running NTR on 3.6, if that matters) and I really need it for playing in bed (where I usually play) since I usually play in the dark and my eyes are really sensitive to light.
    First-world problems, I know, but it would be wondrous to have this feature back. I've been avoiding playing my 3DS because it hurts my eyes too much without being able to turn the backlight down further than normally allowed (a common complaint I have with many modern devices).

Last edited by TCJJ, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Frezgle

Frezgle GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2016
    United States
    Are screenshots not working in Mode 3 on O3DS? Or do I have to use a different version of NTR? I'm running 3.6 since that's the latest, and the screen will pause when I take a screenshot, but nothing is actually saved to the card.

5. Marter714

Marter714 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I have Boot NTR Selector it launches fine, but whenever I load a game after it immediately crashes and I get that dump screen
    I have a N3ds 11.5 with luma 8.1 and B9S
    UPDATE: Fixed my issue by installing Mode3 and my cheats

Last edited by Marter714, Oct 2, 2017
  6. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    This feature is based on a hack of a process. On a last update (11.5 or 11.6 don't remember), this process was updated and then the feature is broken.
    If you launch the 3.6 you can use a filter to reduce the blue light for your night session of gaming. ;)

I don't have a O3DS to test but I think it should work if you have enough free space.

7. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Right, thanks. Yeah, it was 11.5 when it changed.
    Just checking because I couldn't find anything in the changelogs and it's been a while since I last checked up on it (i.e. I forgot when it was last a problem), so I was hoping it might have been fixed by now (and changelogs said it was fixed in 11.3, so here's hoping it comes back soon). Unfortunately, though the blue light filter helps, I really need to reduce the overall brightness too. Even with my phone, I had to use accessibility settings to turn the white point way down and stuff like that just so it's not too bright for me. Bleh.

8. sorimanis

sorimanis Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Russia
    Please help. I used NTR selector 2.9 but since recently he stopped showing the choice of the ntr version and auto loading latest... and stopped loading plugins. I deleted the config and changed the version - nothing helps ((

9. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Can you word that a bit differently? It should autoload NTR 3.6. Whenever you update you always have to set up the selector again. Also, does the NTR menu come up?

10. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    If it doesn't show you the choices then you now use the Mode3 version (the icon has a little 3 on it). Use the normal one.

11. sorimanis

sorimanis Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Russia
    sorry. i bad know english.
    how normal mode switch on? after loading ntrselector only HOME button work

12. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    You need to install the normal CIA. Normal is separate from Mode3.

13. admiral_kikan

admiral_kikan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    I have a question, I'm on 11.6 n3ds Luma with current NTR and boot selector. NTR loads up fine but when I go to open up the cheat menu whether plugin or NTR menu, it crashes. Would there be any particular reason for that? Sometimes it'll crash when I load into a game as well.

14. Krelzo

Krelzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    United States
    Everytime I try to run NTR it freezes my console, tried deleting the files and let the app remake them but still the same issue

15. Ivanprimero

Ivanprimero Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    Spain
    I'm running Homebrew launcher with Rosalina on Download Mode so I don't want to run CIAs on my 2ds but I want to use ntrbootselector mode 3 for Pkm Moon. Is there a .3dsx file for it or any other way to load the plugins?

16. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    No, but why? I mean, a ban's unlikely at this point and getting unbanned is easier than it once was.

17. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    Why this selector? Instead of use only the lastest version? Which is the difference between 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4?

18. pbsk8

pbsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Brazil
    no update to change the hotkey so far?

The thing is, I just got rid of my gw and installed b9s, and I have a new 3ds LL, the japanese version,

Since I am on sys 11.6 I cant change region and I have to use ntr cfw to boot first and then I can play games in english.

Luigi Mansion dark moon became a nuisance with this ntr because I cant aim up and use dark light device at the same time, which are X and Y at the same time (the hotkey).

19. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    In the ntr menu you have a submenu called Hotkey and in it you can change the hotkey for the menu. ;)

comput3rus3r likes this.
  20. pbsk8

pbsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Brazil
    That's the problem, I cant.

if I select "set hotkey", then press any button to try to change it, it just goes back to main menu.