Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
My fork of A9LH doesnt actually show anything until it boots into my home menu, can I still use this?

rename arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin on the root of the SD card
this is because screen init is needed. if that fails, then the videos are either named wrong or not working.

if it still does not work, check the to make sure the anim files and arm9payload.bin are in the right folders.

if that fails and you are using your own video, try a working one from the animations thread to make sure it is not the animation you made not working.

I go back to many page and are read this... My N3DS is not have any message when power on, only go to home menu. But I will try thing you are say...

Oh yes I have folder structure in such way too... and if helping I have LumaCFW 6.5...

Update: OMG?! 3DS is not work anymore!!!? I press power button and light is turn blue then go off in 2 seconds!!

Update2: Okay I am rename "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" to "arm9loaderhax.bin" and 3ds working but do not see no animation screen? only power to home menu...

Update3: i am wanting this animation to function... : https://imgur.com/gallery/P6M4g

Last edited by Katsumi San,

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I go back to many page and are read this... My N3DS is not have any message when power on, only go to home menu. But I will try thing you are say...

Oh yes I have folder structure in such way too... and if helping I have LumaCFW 6.5...

Update: OMG?! 3DS is not work anymore!!!? I press power button and light is turn blue then go off in 2 seconds!!

Update2: Okay I am rename "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" to "arm9loaderhax.bin" and 3ds working but do not see no animation screen? only power to home menu...

Update3: i am wanting this animation to function... : https://imgur.com/gallery/P6M4g
You used the a9lh build that isn't merged, try updating your a9lh.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
You used the a9lh build that isn't merged, try updating your a9lh.

Oh yes I am wanting doing this for some time... but how to do it?

Update: Okay I am follow this guide but become stop "Section I - Prep work: 3" instruction... I do not have folder name "/files9/" in SD? Hmm I do this guide of Plailect when initial release... Perhaps things are change?

Update2: I see only require to create folder... Many step more.. I am stop in step
"Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS" How to say... "Health&Safety" application is FBI ver. 1.4.14 so function of copy and such is not available. I download latest fbi version and put in "/3ds/" folder and now when load with hombrew channel is is give me "FBI has encountered a fatal error : Failed to aquire kernel access. : Press any button to exit." Hmm.. so many problem after go next step... perhaps this is too much for animated power on screen...

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Oh yes I am wanting doing this for some time... but how to do it?

Update: Okay I am follow this guide but become stop "Section I - Prep work: 3" instruction... I do not have folder name "/files9/" in SD? Hmm I do this guide of Plailect when initial release... Perhaps things are change?

Update2: I see only require to create folder... Many step more.. I am stop in step
"Section IV - CTRNAND Luma3DS" How to say... "Health&Safety" application is FBI ver. 1.4.14 so function of copy and such is not available. I download latest fbi version and put in "/3ds/" folder and now when load with hombrew channel is is give me "FBI has encountered a fatal error : Failed to aquire kernel access. : Press any button to exit." Hmm.. so many problem after go next step... perhaps this is too much for animated power on screen...
Yes, pretty much everything changes the last time you saw it.
Then you should create one, and put aeskeydb.bin there.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want to update the injected FBI? if you already installed the cia version and update it, you should only use that one. the hs.app version are only used to install FBI cia.
Okay everything is become updated... re-inject H&S application. Now will try this again..

Update: I give up.. I leave this feature to pros...

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay everything is become updated... re-inject H&S application. Now will try this again..

Update: I give up.. I leave this feature to pros...

I see no reason to update FBI as H&S

I installed the NAND version of DevMenu to NAND to survive formats and to install FBI if it were to ever get uninstalled for any reason.
I injected PlayCoinSetter (the Dev app, not the homebrew one) into H&S instead as PlayCoinSetter normally will not work installed to NAND.

this allows me to leave FBI on the SD card for updates.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does it show down the boot time ?
I mean does it play the video then boot(adding the time of the video to the boot time)
Or it play the video while loading (slowing a bit the boot time but not that much )

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Does it show down the boot time ?
I mean does it play the video then boot(adding the time of the video to the boot time)
Or it play the video while loading (slowing a bit the boot time but not that much )
It's the first one, the animation adds the time to boot. which means it will be slower to boot depending on the animation used.

Reactions: Alkéryn

Testo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for the record, you don't actually need to manually touch anything after updating.

open up your text editor of choice, shove this into it:
Code:
payload type = a9lh
payload path = /anim/arm9payload.bin

save as lumaupdater.cfg, and put it in your luma folder. when you use the luma updater app, it should show you that it's going to always install to that .bin, specifically.
Doesnt work for me, update says everything installed, but wenn i restart and hold select its not Luma 6.6

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey how do i install this without replacing luma3ds?i dont quite get it
You can't, the bin used for this is different than luma's.
Just put luma's arm9loaderhax.bin into the anim folder, then rename it to arm9payload.bin.
After that, put bootanim's arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the card (also rename the arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin if you have newer a9lh).

Reactions: SMVB64

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't, the bin used for this is different than luma's.
Just put luma's arm9loaderhax.bin into the anim folder, then rename it to arm9payload.bin.
After that, put bootanim's arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the card (also rename the arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin if you have newer a9lh).
Oh ok cool. I see what went wrong, didnt rename to arm9loaderhax_si.bin. Also-sorry if its a dumb question- does this mean o have to update luma manually? or does luma updater detect which one is luma?

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday