Hacking [Release]ARDS Firmware Tool -Improved NTRBoot for ARDS(EZ/ME/i), flash your own FIRMs and more!

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes I did select ARdsi, in the header it does show AR09. The simple method updated my ARdsi firmware no problem, however, attempting to flash GM9-ntr.firm instead of b9s wit the generated firmware still says not a firm while my Code manager tries updating it. al3x_10m's patch CM dun let u drag n drop firmware generated from ur tool.

Where's the option for nightlies in 2.2 luma updater?
Then it might do that because the firmware file is too big (keep in mind that official ARDS firmwares never go over 214kb, while ARDSi ones are around 125kb). I was able to flash GM9 to my ARDS ME, but it could be different for an ARDSi, and if that's the case then there's not much we can do.

Also, afaik the only way to get a precompiled Luma3DS nightly build at the moment is to download it from here: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then it might do that because the firmware file is too big (keep in mind that official ARDS firmwares never go over 214kb, while ARDSi ones are around 125kb). I was able to flash GM9 to my ARDS ME, but it could be different for an ARDSi, and if that's the case then there's not much we can do.

Also, afaik the only way to get a precompiled Luma3DS nightly build at the moment is to download it from here: https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
I had used a ARDSi which was the black one with a sd slot. The only thing was the getting of the sleep mode to launch was a bit awkward. But once that loaded up everything worked great to get it flashed.

Hundredears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see, that could be case then since the size is 420kb.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So it said booted from SD via B9s. Edit: doing the ntrboot button combo using magnet then pressing select to luma setting gave me that line "booted from SD via b9s".

Last edited by Hundredears,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by RattletraPM,

Hundredears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma nightlies make it easy to see if you're using NTRBoot because if you enter Luma3DS's settings it will tell you which method was used to boot its FIRM. So, if you want to see if NTRBoot worked with the official version of B9S, first input NTRBoot's key combo while placing the magnet in the right spot, then let go of all buttons (Luma won't boot if the key combo is still pressed) and quickly press select to go into the settings screen. In the bottom of the screen it should say "Booted from B9S (ntrboot)" if it worked.

It didn't say "Booted from B9S (ntrboot)", but it said "booted from SD via B9s" using the nightlies with the key combos n then select. What does this mean?

Last edited by Hundredears,

CRTdrone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this not work with Action Replay DSi without sd card?The firm flashed onto it successfully but won't boot.I'm sure it works becasue when im on home menu the icon for the AR is a white square.
Same here. Black label, no SD slot. I thought maybe my card was bad, I restored it and tried it on a DS lite just to make sure and it works fine.

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does this not work with Action Replay DSi without sd card?The firm flashed onto it successfully but won't boot.I'm sure it works becasue when im on home menu the icon for the AR is a white square.
Same here. Black label, no SD slot. I thought maybe my card was bad, I restored it and tried it on a DS lite just to make sure and it works fine.

The firmware generation for ARDSi is based on the official update on Datel's site, which they say is for the MicroSD variant. It should, in theory, work for other models too, but your mileage may vary. If you want, try al3x_10m's way of installing ntrboot to it, but if this one didn't work then there's a great chanche that his one won't too (both do the exact same thing but mine uses an external firmware firmware, while his own edits DSi Code Manager's recovery firmware)

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wait I have a dsi action replay, so can I actually use it for ntrboothax?
Yes, but keep in mind that unlike ARDS/EZ/ME models (who are always compatible), ARDSi compatibility is pretty much hit or miss. If you're like me and your ARDS has been sitting in a corner collecting dust, I'd say give it a shot - you can always restore it if it doesn't work.

JFlare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but keep in mind that unlike ARDS/EZ/ME models (who are always compatible), ARDSi compatibility is pretty much hit or miss. If you're like me and your ARDS has been sitting in a corner collecting dust, I'd say give it a shot - you can always restore it if it doesn't work.

"You need a USB cable to install NTRBoot or flash firmwares to an AR."

Thanks, but I just realized I can't find my wire to connect it to the computer D:

Last edited by JFlare,

BooDaRippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand the GitHub properly, to restore an ARDS from ntrboot to stock requires booting a stock ARDS then swapping devices to update with Code Manager?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?