• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't work with the new url. In Twitter, someone says that is because the url is fake, and this app take the old url from a server cache.
Here the info, but is in Spanish
First of all, you can't link that site, as it contains the URL for the title key site.
Second, the author of that post is an idiot who hasn't done any research. There is already somebody besides cruel managing the cache, which is not in any way associated with the title key database, and whose URL has not changed at all.

xXsercho801Xx

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, you can't link that site, as it contains the URL for the title key site.
Second, the author of that post is an idiot who hasn't done any research. There is already somebody besides cruel managing the cache, which is not in any way associated with the title key database, and whose URL has not changed at all.
Are you sure? Check this

Reactions: umbjolt

xXsercho801Xx

Trophies
XP
Country
What does that have to do with anything?
He's downloading the cache without the url/key/anything. So, for what is the url? (sorry for my english)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry my Spanish is not good enough, but did he remove his previously downloaded key before doing its test? If he didn't that's the expected behaviour...
Yes, he did.

arc13

SPAAAACE !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure? Check this
My god, I'm speechless, @Drakia is right, the guy who posted this video is just a dumb guy that didn't do any research on how freeShop works, the cache and title keys are two different things...

EDIT: Seriously, people that spread misinformation like him and don't even know how it works just makes me angry.

Last edited by arc13,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He's downloading the cache without the url/key/anything. So, for what is the url? (sorry for my english)
The cache and the key are two different things managed by two different people. You can download the cache without the key but you won't see anything available to download.

Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My god, I'm speechless, @Drakia is right, the guy who posted this video is just a dumb guy that didn't do any research on how freeShop works, the cache and title keys are two different things...

EDIT: Seriously, people that spread misinformation like him and don't even know how it works just makes me angry.
But reading source code to know wtf you're talking about is hard :(

skeleanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I saw the issue with the spanish dude and saw a post talking about how the releases that are released only reads that file from that site .com and not gq.
So, I also though it was a baseless claim, but, guys, didn't anyone noticed that we are not getting any of the new games that are added to that site? I tried searching the most recents one added and nothing appeared on freeshop, so this is a real issue.
So basically what this guy was saying maybe it's true, what are the options now?

Last edited by skeleanon,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw the issue with the spanish dude and saw a post talking about how the releases that are released only reads that file from that site .com and not gq.
So, I also though it was a baseless claim, but, guys, didn't anyone noticed that we are not getting any of the new games that are added to that site? I tried searching the most recents one added and nothing appeared on freeshop, so this is a real issue.
So basically what this guy was saying maybe it's true, what are the options now?
No it's just that the cache hasn't been updated yet so you don't see the newest releases.

Ninja'd

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

Yeah, he has the arguments I think. He made an article about the issue you are talking about on his website, but it's in Spanish.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're going to sit there, and say the developer of the application whose thread you're posting in, doesn't know how his application works...?

The cache has NOTHING, NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING to do with the titlekey site, they are not maintained by the same person, they were not created by the same person, they are not hosted by the same person. Here, here's where FreeShop gets its cache from:
https://github.com/Repo3DS/shop-cache/releases

See how the last update was a week ago, and the one before that was ~7 days before that? Both of those happened after the original developer left the scene, and you want to know why? Because me and @arc13 know what we're talking about, there is somebody managing the cache.

Now, maybe, MAYBE, there is an update required by the guy who manages the cache now, so it gets the correct list of games to fetch data for, but for the love of god, stop saying that FreeShop isn't downloading the right cache file, or that the cache is no longer being updated, because both of those are provably false.

Actually, looking at the current latest titles, here's a list of games WITH AN ENCRYPTED TITLE KEY (A requirement to be cached) that don't show up in the FreeShop cache:
Fire Emblem™ Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Yeah, one game. Want to know why it doesn't show up? BECAUSE IT'S NOT OUT YET. Jesus christ you people.

jockep

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I haven't checked out the source much but from what i've gathered the titlekey database contains information needed for the app to create a ticket and download the game from Nintendo's servers. The cache contains information about the games and their images (The one you see when you preview a game before downloading). If Freeshop doesn't find any information about the title in the cache it won't display the game even though it has the info to download it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to sit there, and say the developer of the application whose thread you're posting in, doesn't know how his application works...?

The cache has NOTHING, NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING to do with the titlekey site, they are not maintained by the same person, they were not created by the same person, they are not hosted by the same person. Here, here's where FreeShop gets its cache from:

See how the last update was a week ago, and the one before that was ~7 days before that? Both of those happened after the original developer left the scene, and you want to know why? Because me and @arc13 know what we're talking about, there is somebody managing the cache.

Now, maybe, MAYBE, there is an update required by the guy who manages the cache now, so it gets the correct list of games to fetch data for, but for the love of god, stop saying that FreeShop isn't downloading the right cache file, or that the cache is no longer being updated, because both of those are provably false.

Actually, looking at the current latest titles, here's a list of games WITH AN ENCRYPTED TITLE KEY (A requirement to be cached) that don't show up in the FreeShop cache:

Yeah, one game. Want to know why it doesn't show up? BECAUSE IT'S NOT OUT YET. Jesus christ you people.
And if they're in such a hurry to play Shadows of Valentia, they can play the version that can be found on that iso site as the game was recently leaked.

skeleanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar

jfc calm down, I'm not saying that the guy is 100% right, I just saying that the new titles aren't on freeshop, so definitely there's something wrong
I didn't claimed that arc13 not knowing what is doing, but just warning about this issue! God, not need to bash out!
And I tried with a few titles, that were recently uploaded to the site, not titles which aren't out yet??? I don't even play FE.

EDIT: Seeing Arc13 reply, maybe it's because the cache is not updated yet, maybe I should try games from the previous month, so it's my mistake, I talked too soon.
My apologies.

Last edited by skeleanon,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jfc calm down, I'm not saying that the guy is 100% right, I just saying that the new titles aren't on freeshop, so definitely there's something wrong
I didn't claimed that arc13 not knowing what is doing, but just warning about this issue! God, not need to bash out!
And I tried with a few titles, that were recently uploaded to the site, not titles which aren't out yet??? I don't even play FE.

EDIT: Seeing Arc13 reply, maybe it's because the cache is not updated yet, maybe I should try games from the previous month, so it's my mistake, I talked too soon.
My apologies.
Do any of the titles you tried even have an encrypted title key? Because I'm willing to bet they don't. I went over this, arc went over this, then you show up saying there's some problem. Next time, read replies, see who they're from,. THEN post, don't act like you know what you're talking about and try to scare people when you clearly have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse