ROM Hack [RELEASE] Animal Crossing: New Leaf GCN Music Pack

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pixelmasher I got to step 3 of section 2 of https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher), but I got an PM INIT FAILED error. I think I did what it said to do to fix the problem, but it didn't work. Then I tried using the latest version of safehax with 11.3 support, but that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?
Clean out the files from this section on your SD. People commonly put the files in the wrong place or miss some files.
Try printing that page out or copy paste it into a document. Go line by line and redo the steps. Put a check mark next to each line you're doing. Double check.

MarineSong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clean out the files from this section on your SD. People commonly put the files in the wrong place or miss some files.
Try printing that page out or copy paste it into a document. Go line by line and redo the steps. Put a check mark next to each line you're doing. Double check.
OK, good idea. :) Thanks. :)

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some of the songs I can barely hear in-game. One of them being the rainy day theme and another being the Able Sisters theme. Seems to mostly be the songs that were recently added in.

Last edited by NinelivesBobcat,

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the songs I can barely hear in-game. One of them being the rainy day theme and another being the Able Sisters theme. Seems to mostly be the songs that were recently added in.
converting them to bcstm files lower the volume for some reason. Even after I amplified the tracks more than usual. I might try amplifying them more and see if that works. If you can let me know which ones more than others I can probably get that fixed sooner than later.

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
converting them to bcstm files lower the volume for some reason. Even after I amplified the tracks more than usual. I might try amplifying them more and see if that works. If you can let me know which ones more than others I can probably get that fixed sooner than later.
That's odd. When I convert audio files to BCSTM, they don't get lowered. Did you use YATA+? I use that for making looping BCSTM files.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. When I convert audio files to BCSTM, they don't get lowered. Did you use YATA+? I use that for making looping BCSTM files.
Yata+ always crashes after the first file for me i use Brawl Box. It's stable enough. I'm Re doing all the BGMs anyways I should be done in a couple days.

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yata+ always crashes after the first file for me i use Brawl Box. It's stable enough. I'm Re doing all the BGMs anyways I should be done in a couple days.
With YATA+, I think the audio files need to be 22050Hz or lower otherwise it crashes. Never knew that Brawl Box has a BCSTM converter, though I have an outdated version.

Edit: Just tried the latest version of BrawlBox. I replaced the old version and it wouldn't even launch so then I extracted to a new folder. It opened but I couldn't find any BCSTM options. When I used the BRSTM tool, it gave me an error when I tried to open a .wav file.

Last edited by NinelivesBobcat,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
My BCSTM conversion setup is extremely convoluted. I convert to BRSTM in BRSTM Converter C# and then use a BRSTM to BCSTM program to convert to BCSTM. Brawl Box and Looping Audio Converter are too complicated for me to understand.

Saraphynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have this working and everything, however, on the title screen the music plays normally for a few moments, then it just turns into static noise. I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem but I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me find out what's wrong.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have this working and everything, however, on the title screen the music plays normally for a few moments, then it just turns into static noise. I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem but I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me find out what's wrong.

What are you running on your 3ds and does the 3ds respond to any commands you do after it goes to static?

Saraphynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you running on your 3ds and does the 3ds respond to any commands you do after it goes to static?
I have Luma and B9S and I'm playing on a digital version of Welcome Amiibo. It responds/works fine after the static, even the other sound effects work, it's just the title screen music that gets messed up.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma and B9S and I'm playing on a digital version of Welcome Amiibo. It responds/works fine after the static, even the other sound effects work, it's just the title screen music that gets messed up.
can you try to replace the BGM and see if that works? It might be just yours or something. I haven't gotten reports of errors like that before.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you try to replace the BGM and see if that works? It might be just yours or something. I haven't gotten reports of errors like that before.
I guess a good question would be if anyone else is using the new Welcome Amiibo editon with the white icon instead of the older version with the update that has the green leaf icon. There might have been some change between the different carts/versions that changed something.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess a good question would be if anyone else is using the new Welcome Amiibo editon with the white icon instead of the older version with the update that has the green leaf icon. There might have been some change between the different carts/versions that changed something.
Well, the folder structure for the sounds/songs is completely the same for both versions, so that can't be the issue, and if they have the song named properly, that also can't be the issue. Something might have changed, but I can't figure out what it could be. Sounds like the song may have corrupted somehow.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the folder structure for the sounds/songs is completely the same for both versions, so that can't be the issue, and if they have the song named properly, that also can't be the issue. Something might have changed, but I can't figure out what it could be. Sounds like the song may have corrupted somehow.
It could be.

I was reminded of how they have cart revisions. OoTHax have two sets of save files for different carts since there was some change. It's beyond me, but I thought it might be something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone