Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this do anything that CHMM2 or Themely can't do besides splashes? I believe Themely is going to implement this in the future anyway.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a reminder to everyone, if you like astronautlevel's work and want to make suggestions, it's better to make an "issue" on his github page from the main post. Just be sure it's a worthwhile suggestion that you really think should make the cut. In general this is the best way to reach out to devs to make suggestions or even write a bug report if something is wrong.

Can this do anything that CHMM2 or Themely can't do besides splashes? I believe Themely is going to implement this in the future anyway.
This is the start of a new project, it was just born so give it time to grow. You're free to be biased though if you choose. I'm personally sticking with this theme manager because it has potential.

Last edited by MattKimura,

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
CHMM2 isn't maintained anymore (and is pretty buggy in my experience anyway), and the only maintained version of Themely is closed source. So I guess this is the only open source theme manager still being actively developed? :P

Feature-wise neither CHMM2 nor Themely work on Original Firmware 11.4 or 11.5, whereas this does. In addition, this will get some cool features like shuffle splash in the future.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This application is more updatet(ok its just released)
But hey its working even on non cfw what do you want
Just a question out of curiosity because I already use Themely. If it has more to offer then I'd switch to it. No need to be a dick about it.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHMM2 isn't maintained anymore (and is pretty buggy in my experience anyway), and the only maintained version of Themely is closed source. So I guess this is the only open source theme manager still being actively developed? :P

Feature-wise neither CHMM2 nor Themely work on Original Firmware 11.4 or 11.5, whereas this does. In addition, this will get some cool features like shuffle splash in the future.
Thank you for clearing this up for me astronautlevel!

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a question out of curiosity because I already use Themely. If it has more to offer then I'd switch to it. No need to be a dick about it.
Oh sorry
You can have it it has like shuffle themes when you close your 3ds for 5 seconds or so
Even BGM on other themes

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shuffle splash will be amazing! :D I can't wait for that! This is also amazing so far. I haven't tried it yet but I can tell this will have a ton of potential.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry
You can have it it has like shuffle themes when you close your 3ds for 5 seconds or so
Even BGM on other themes
So it can automatically switch themes on the fly? That seems pretty cool and I didn't know you could install custom themes on stock consoles so that is also pretty cool. I guess I'll just have to see how this progresses and if it gets better features than Themely, then I will switch to this. It's sad Erman went closed source because I really liked Themely, but you can't really trust that kind of thing with talks of possible 3ds malware out there and it does seem rather suspicious, especially if it connects to some kind of server and goes through your consoles secure data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on