Hacking [Release] Amiibo BIN Serial Changer

Blind66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, this won't work if there's an apostrophe in an amiibo bin file name. I couldn't get it to work with the 30th Anniversary Majora's Mask Link amiibo until I renamed it from "Majora's" to "Majoras"

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'llo here !
Hm, i can't get it to work.
I have Python 3.0.1 installed. When i drag&drop the BIN file onto the py script, a command windows pops up and immediatly close.
WHen i use command line, it tells me that 'python' is not a known an internal or external command, an executable or a command file.
What I am doing wrong ?
Sounds like when python was installed it was not added to your Windows PATH and so it does not recognize the command 'python' when you are not in the python install folder. Try installing it again and make sure the "Add to Windos PATH" option is checked on the first install screen.

Just a heads up, this won't work if there's an apostrophe in an amiibo bin file name. I couldn't get it to work with the 30th Anniversary Majora's Mask Link amiibo until I renamed it from "Majora's" to "Majoras"
Thanks for pointing that out! I use single quotes in the script to pass the file path to amiitool so having a single quote in the file name messes that up. I'm sure I could rework that to make single quotes work.

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sounds like when python was installed it was not added to your Windows PATH and so it does not recognize the command 'python' when you are not in the python install folder. Try installing it again and make sure the "Add to Windos PATH" option is checked on the first install screen.

Thanks for pointing that out! I use single quotes in the script to pass the file path to amiitool so having a single quote in the file name messes that up. I'm sure I could rework that to make single quotes work.

Damn, reinstalled Python and could'nt find that option to tick.
I'll give a try this late with another Python installer.
I'll let you know.

EDIT : i didn't get the installer form the page you linked. This time i used the one on the first post and see the tick "Add to PATH".
To be continued...

EDIT 2 : well, still no luck :(
drag'n drop doesn't work (nothing happens), and using commande line gives me the error :

"The application couldn't start correctly (0x000007b).
Click Ok to close the app"

Humpf... still investigating.

Last edited by MockyLock,

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very important no one do this with a PowerTag

Enough writes to the tag using the Datel Powersaves writer = fried Powertag.

It's a common occurrence a lot of people without one aren't aware. I just fried mine doing a Guardian amiibo over and over. Not a good idea. Another person says no matter if you do it all at once - or over a long period of time - the PowerTag 100% fries. OP do you even have a powertag?

At this point - I would use a NTAG215...or just change the system time...

why can one not just use your modified bin on blank NFC tags? What makes PowerTag/N2 different from a standard NTAG215 keyfob from china or a blank NTAG215?

Now I have to return my powersave....signed up just to write this!

Last edited by TheLastOfUs,

ParaGrosTas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK, not every NTAG215 can be rewritten. Once it has a bin on it, you wont be able to change it and will just like any other amiibo (scan once a day)
The N2 can store up to 200 bins and switch between them with a button so no need to manually change the bin every time you want a new scan.
Dont know about the PowerTag.

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

It's a common occurrence a lot of people without one aren't aware. I just fried mine doing a Guardian amiibo over and over. Not a good idea. Another person says no matter if you do it all at once - or over a long period of time - the PowerTag 100% fries. OP do you even have a powertag?

why can one not just use your modified bin on blank NFC tags? What makes PowerTag/N2 different from a standard NTAG215 keyfob from china or a blank NTAG215?

I have also a PowerSaves White Base and every day I flash with all Zelda compatibles amiibos without any fried Tag. I write the tag with all diferent amiibo bin with 30sec delay, maybe you writed too fast ?

Now I have 11 Extra Power Tag, but for 10 days I used only the one I had and no probs.

PS : Thanks for the tool, works perfectly.

Last edited by NgXAlex,

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also a PowerSaves White Base and every day I flash with all Zelda compatibles amiibos without any fried Tag. I write the tag with all diferent amiibo bin with 30sec delay, maybe you writed too fast ?

Now I have 11 Extra Power Tag, but for 10 days I used only the one I had and no probs.

PS : Thanks for the tool, works perfectly.

Mine was about 30 seconds too. I flashed Guardian amiibo modified bin exactly 55 times. Can you say the same that you flashed 55 amiibo's onto your Powertag? How did you get so many powertags? Wtf? I can barely find any on ebay let alone any of PowerSaves in stores. Care to share your duplication powers?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, I have a Power Tag, it's what I developed and tested this tool with. Over 100 rewrites and counting. As for why this tool does not work for NFC tags is because it would be pointless. The purpose of this tool is to change the NTAG215 serial that's being emulated by the Power Tag. If you use actual NTAG215 tags they have their own unique serial numbers and don't use the one stored in the BIN.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mine was about 30 seconds too. I flashed Guardian amiibo modified bin exactly 55 times. Can you say the same that you flashed 55 amiibo's onto your Powertag? How did you get so many powertags? Wtf? I can barely find any on ebay let alone any of PowerSaves in stores. Care to share your duplication powers?
Datel sells 3x and 10x packs on their eBay store.

Reactions: TheLastOfUs

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have a Power Tag, it's what I developed and tested this tool with. Over 100 rewrites and counting. As for why this tool does not work for NFC tags is because it would be pointless. The purpose of this tool is to change the NTAG215 serial that's being emulated by the Power Tag. If you use actual NTAG215 tags they have their own unique serial numbers and don't use the one stored in the BIN.

Datel sells 3x and 10x packs on their eBay store.

So how come mine stopped working? Is it possible I wrote too fast? What's the best technique in writing to the PowerTag with your modified bins? For someone aiming to grind amiibo's for his play session quickly? Should I even write that many amiibos in one day? What's your technique?

Please advise!!

Last edited by TheLastOfUs,

Nate6194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that cant figure this out? lol I downloaded the zip and unzipped it. I downloaded and installed python 3.6. I put in the command on the thread start and then the path of the bin file and it tell me syntax error. Where does the "amiitool.exe" come into play? I guess I am just really stupid or really confused haha. Can someone please tell me how to do this? I would really like to utilize this.
Capture.JPG

Reactions: ChristianSilas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality