• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, I just want to know if is possible to change the save type format, Games with EEPROM Doesn't work at all Like NFS by example (Doesn't save)

BRSTMBweahea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what should i select ? If the game has eeprom save type?
Eeprom is an option in the footer generator version 0.2d If you have that version and don't see the option, I don't know what to tell you.
There u go.PNG

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eeprom is an option in the footer generator version 0.2d If you have that version and don't see the option, I don't know what to tell you.View attachment 58104
I MEAN, If i change the Save type format, Does that fix the games with EEPRom Save format? (Note: Eeprom Save format games does not work mostly because they don't save the game)

BRSTMBweahea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I MEAN, If i change the Save type format, Does that fix the games with EEPRom Save format? (Note: Eeprom Save format games does not work mostly because they don't save the game)
I would just change the save type and save chip manufacturer to the ones labeled EEPROM. If that doesn't work, I really don't know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or you could try loading it from the rom. The button's there for a reason.

Thomas Campbell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It doesn't work no matter how much I try. I open FBI (From within Reinand's Health app) Install first the AGB patch to NAND and then the GBA game to SD. But when I try to launch the game I get a black screen with a text saying "An error has occurred. Press and hold Power to turn off" HELP ME PLEASE

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This release consist of IPS patch for AGB_FIRM and ROM converting program, both done by me.
Credit for patched New3DS AGB_FIRM goes to motezazer

My method require you to install patched AGB_FIRM CIA into NAND memory replacing exciting one. Now... AGB_FIRM is an optional System Title that was introduced with 3.0.0 firmware update and was never included with Card updates. Which means you can't really break system by deleting it or installing corrupted AGB_FIRM, in fact you may even don't have it installed (if you using old system and only updated from game and never used update via internet). But! You may break system if you delete wrong system title in process, so I don't take any responsibility for any possible damages. If you are not comfortable with it - stop reading right here.

Basic steps for Old3DS / 3DS XL / 2DS:
1) Download '0004013800000202' title 'v3665' using 3DNUS

2) Launch 'Old3DS_AGB_FIRM_v3665_SignPatcher.exe' and apply patch to '0004013800000202.cia'

3) Try to install patched CIA from FBI:
mqsEr5t.png
Don't forget change destination to 'NAND' (L button), if you don't have any errors - congratulations, you're finished. If you got error, that means you need to remove previous version of AGB_FIRM before you can install patched one. Switch mode to 'Delete Title' and and destination to 'NAND' and scroll down until you find title with Title ID 0x0004013800000202:
lpSJg6C.png
Triple check you selected correct title and press delete, after this you should be able to install patched CIA without any errors.

After installing patched AGB_FIRM you can start using my '3DS Simple GBA Converter' program and play your favorite GBA games. Enjoy.

SfdYfgU.jpg

For New3DS process basically the same except Title ID is 0004013820000202 v4816.

Mirror:
http://rghost.net/8LfLLG7vy

Does anyone know where to find the source code for the 3ds_gbaftrgen program?

Toaddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to fix Pokèmon Emerald? I can't for life of me find a solution to the scrambled menu glitch. I've tried different headers and the hex mod and nothing seems to fix it. I also tried sram patching without the hex mod and it just goes to a white screen after booting.

D

Deleted User

Did anyone figure out how to correct Pokemon Vega? At the moment, with whatever footers, it just goes to a black screen after the intro.

axis123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
using the converter gives me an error message "Failed to compress banner"
tried the "fire emblem" test banner in the package with the following roms: pokemon emerald, sapphire and mother 3 - always the same result.

the converter stucks - then i get an "programm does not respond" from windows then i click cancel and then the converter itself pops up an error dialogue: "Failed to compress banner"

anyone know what could cause this?

just wanted to add:

<ProblemSignatures>
<EventType>CLR20r3</EventType>
<Parameter0>dsdecmp.exe</Parameter0>
<Parameter1>1.0.0.0</Parameter1>
<Parameter2>4ecccbab</Parameter2>
<Parameter3>mscorlib</Parameter3>
<Parameter4>2.0.0.0</Parameter4>
<Parameter5>53a11de1</Parameter5>
<Parameter6>1b83</Parameter6>
<Parameter7>10</Parameter7>
<Parameter8>System.IO.FileNotFoundException</Parameter8>
</ProblemSignatures>

thats what the error causes. its not the converter itself its dsdecmp.exe throwing an exception

Last edited by axis123,

axis123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
using the converter gives me an error message "Failed to compress banner"
tried the "fire emblem" test banner in the package with the following roms: pokemon emerald, sapphire and mother 3 - always the same result.

the converter stucks - then i get an "programm does not respond" from windows then i click cancel and then the converter itself pops up an error dialogue: "Failed to compress banner"

anyone know what could cause this?

just wanted to add:

<ProblemSignatures>
<EventType>CLR20r3</EventType>
<Parameter0>dsdecmp.exe</Parameter0>
<Parameter1>1.0.0.0</Parameter1>
<Parameter2>4ecccbab</Parameter2>
<Parameter3>mscorlib</Parameter3>
<Parameter4>2.0.0.0</Parameter4>
<Parameter5>53a11de1</Parameter5>
<Parameter6>1b83</Parameter6>
<Parameter7>10</Parameter7>
<Parameter8>System.IO.FileNotFoundException</Parameter8>
</ProblemSignatures>

thats what the error causes. its not the converter itself its dsdecmp.exe throwing an exception

just to add if someone also has the same issue - ive "reinstalled" my windows via upgrade (win7) and reinstalled my .NET framework. now its working like a charm! (seems like i had problems with the integrated .net framework 3.5 of win7)

NetBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this suppose to have save states? When I made the minish cap ROM, it worked fine, bt there were no save states(is that normal)? Also, this is amazing- Is there anything like this for the other VC stuff(NES etc.)?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this suppose to have save states? When I made the minish cap ROM, it worked fine, bt there were no save states(is that normal)? Also, this is amazing- Is there anything like this for the other VC stuff(NES etc.)?
Nope, save states aren't a thing. This is because GBA VC runs on the original hardware of the GBA, buried deep down in the 3DS, there because the 3DS has backwards compatibility with the DS, which had backwards compatibility with the GBA. Because DS games run right off the hardware, it had to have the original GBA hardware there too or it wouldn't work.
Now, if some kind of save states were built into the ROM... But I don't know anything about that.

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i'm trying to play Pokémon Vega on my 3DS(FireRed hackrom based, actually translated from Japanese to English), but after the Gamefreak Logo and the classic fighting scene between Gengar and Nidorino, the screen goes black and can't go further ... already tried to Hex mod it, but with no results ... Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.