ROM Hack [release] 3DSXLoader

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a bug. When I try to config Citra, it searches for file name 3dmoo.exe, and when i try to cinfigure 3dmoo, it searches for citra.exe. Their mixed up.

Rikku2000

Game Devloper
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I upload Version 0.3 it fix an Bug in Config and i aso fix the bug with loading Files by Folder with an spacer " ".

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read the posts in this thread - yet I have to ask: What's the point of this?

1. Both 3dmoo and Citra support 3dsx loading.
2. Citra has a GUI already, you don't need to use the command line.
3. Both the CLI and the GUI version of Citra support booting applications by dragging the .3dsx files onto the citra executable file. 3dmoo probably supports that, too.

Am I missing some purpose of this tool? If indeed not, I'd prefer not having the emulator project I'm working on associated with this.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read the posts in this thread - yet I have to ask: What's the point of this?

1. Both 3dmoo and Citra support 3dsx loading.
2. Citra has a GUI already, you don't need to use the command line.
3. Both the CLI and the GUI version of Citra support booting applications by dragging the .3dsx files onto the citra executable file. 3dmoo probably supports that, too.

Am I missing some purpose of this tool? If indeed not, I'd prefer not having the emulator project I'm working on associated with this.
If you don't like dragging and moving files, this boots them without drag and dropping, you just browser for a file.

Rikku2000

Game Devloper
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am not sure but i like the Console Version more coz get some Debug out.

BTW Version 0.5 is out, add some more to Config Menu. :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I removed the version number from the thread's title.

edit:
and moved it to 3DS utilities section.
(that's hard to choose where to put emulators... they are launched from computer, they are not homebrew)
But I consider your application a front end, not an emulator.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Omg if you don't need it so don't download it what's the problem...
I don't like having software that I worked on being shadowed by literally pointless software. You're advertising features where there are none, and either intentionally misleading users to make your software more popular or you just literally didn't even spend a single minute using Citra, yet use it for your software.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, given that you distribute a binary of our software, why is no source code distributed along with it? The GPL (the license Citra uses) requires you to do so, so not only is the use case of your software dubious, but it's also violating our license.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Well then, I would still like to see the license violation resolved.

Rikku2000: Is this something you can do, please? Just ship a checkout of our source tree with your program (in particular of the license), and it'll be fine.

Rikku2000

Game Devloper
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New Update: Version 0.6

3DMoo will now not longer start as an extra opened Windows it will now start Directly in 3DSXLoader
And an Overall update of the Config menu with some fixes.

Reactions: Cid2mizard

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
please comply with GPL and provide the sources (or don't provide emulators, that would be even better instead of including quickly outdated builds, and let the end user find the latest release himself).
Your application is not really a ROM loader, it's a front end right?
You select a .3dsx file and it sends it to the selected emulator with the selected user defined emulator's control mapping?

It's not a "ROM" loader. it doesn't load ROM, and only load the emulator with the file as argument (game or homebrew).
ROM is only used for chipset dumps, it's not an acronym for game files.
Your program description is confusing and user can think that it's actually Your program which loads the ROM thanks to citra and 3dmoo engine running in the background, but it actually runs the emulator.

I also don't understand the need of a program to send a file to another program which has the exact same features.
A front end for a command line program, I understand.
A front end to keep different settings for different games, I understand.
But creating a program to always "select a file" where the other program can already do it is (currently?) useless.

maybe if you plan to add more features later, it will be useful, for example different control mapping for each homebrew, etc.
but currently, emulators don't have lot of options and features to justify a front end.

Rikku2000

Game Devloper
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Its an frontend Yes

Okey on next release of it i will remove the emulators

On thing I do is handle both emulators with on file on v0.7 I add option to 3dmoo for browse an directory for sdmc and other stuff will follow the key map can already edit by Citra in config menu

I aso will add an list to select roms in coming version

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you !

the Descrption and the main window now looks better :)

having a list of homebrew in a single window is good idea. no need to browse the file every time anymore
it checks only one folder, or also subfolders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...