Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Allahu_Spooky_Cena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The battery voltage is hilariously wrong. You seem to be using a scale that goes from 0 - 4.6v
4.6 volts is only the input voltage.
The lithium-ion battery is charged with a separate circuit within the 3ds. If the battery really was 4.6 volts it would have blown up on you.
A lithium ion cell at 0% is about 3.2 volts. Fully charged it is about 4.2 volts.
Have a look at this discharge curve graph, with it you can implement a proper algorithm to calculate the battery voltage.
Li_Ion_DiscGph.JPG

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The battery voltage is hilariously wrong. You seem to be using a scale that goes from 0 - 4.6v
The lithium-ion battery is charged with a separate circuit within the 3ds. If the battery really was 4.6 volts it would have blown up on you.
A lithium ion cell at 0% is about 3.2 volts. Fully charged it is about 4.2 volts.

The real values may be wrong, but the values the 3DS gives are in unknown format, so we don't know how to actually calculate the real voltage from it.

Last edited by Sono,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the slider value is the most accurate you can get :P It returns the raw, uncallibrated slider value as its resistanse shows. The slider is callibrated by CTRAging on factory setup, and the software calculates the real value for you from the given min/max values (10 and 114 for my new3DS). Sadly I don't know where these values are stored :/

That's weird, my new3DS returns 63 as the highest value for the volume slider. Seems like I'll have to just remove these estimations and keep thr actual value.

Have a look at this discharge curve graph, with it you can implement a proper algorithm to calculate the battery voltage.
Li_Ion_DiscGph.JPG
That's exactly why it's called estimated. There's no way for us to calculate the actual voltage. I'll release a minor update soon that will remove the estimated values.

Reactions: Madridi

Allahu_Spooky_Cena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no way for us to calculate the actual voltage
Here's a way you could do it. Hook up a multimeter to the battery terminals and have 3dsident running. Then take note of which unknown values the 3ds gives you and the voltage the multimeter gives you. Do this until the 3ds runs out and then you will have a list of which values correspond to which voltages

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joel16 the sound slider has values ranging from 0 to 0x3F according to 3dbrew. It's a simple scalar equation to convert to percentage.

@Allahu_Spooky_Cena what's the function like, mathematically speaking?

Yeah the volume slider values are fine. But my battery voltage estimation is wrong, which is why I strictly termed it as an estimation. Sadly I don't have access to a multi-meter.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cia, running 11.1/Luma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hm that's really weird. Well I'm on 11.0 and my NNID shows up just fine. That's the reason why I hid it in the screenshot in the first place :P
Well anyways, looks like I'm going to have to fix some of these issues before I release the next build. Next release should be fixes only. Now that 3DSident is used in plialect's guide, I'll try to keep the code more developer friendly.

Last edited by Joel16,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@clancy94 as you can see, the guy above has his NNID working, and so is mine. So I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'll try looking into it in the coming days. Also for those (reddit) who have been saying they don't get any result for MAC address and other stuff you can clearly see it's working in the screenshot above. I'm not able to reproduce any of the issues people have been commenting on reddit so far.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My NNID code is also fine for me (even if I don't know what it is used for), I'm on 11.1 Sys with A9LH + CIA
1475650674-3dsident.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And I have a question
How do you check (and can know how) if the 3ds is xl or not?

Just curiosity

Reactions: Joel16

Dvir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Was pretty sure i had a lower ips and upper tn and i just used this cia to confirm what i thought. I dont think ive seen others with a config like mine, rare 3ds? lol

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have decided to remove the estimated battery voltage until we get actual readings from a multimeter. Also 3DSident grabs your serial now, thanks to Reisyukaku.

Version: 0.6.1

Changelog:
  • Removed estimated battery voltage until we get the accurate stats.
  • Now grabs serial using SecureInfoGetSerialNo from Reisyukaku's modified Ctrulib.
  • Reorganized information into the following structure;
    • Firm
    • System
    • Battery
    • Misc

chart

https://github.com/joel16/3DSident/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun