Hacking [Release] 3DSafe: In-NAND PIN lock for 3DS

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hb can have ratings, but by default they don't.
You can edit a cia afterwards and add a rating.
I read FBI does have a rating, so I guess steveice must have done it on purpose?

With cfw, parental controls aren't prefect because out of region stuff doesn't play nice with your own regions ratings.

I think I set up parental controls once, and allowed all games. But out of region stuff still needed the pin...

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
entering a pin every time you want to playa game is annoying thats why i like3ds safe but i don't work on bs9 and lumas pin can be bypassed and i like locking the whole system not games because they can still look at what stuff you have on your 3ds

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
entering a pin every time you want to playa game is annoying thats why i like3ds safe but i don't work on bs9 and lumas pin can be bypassed and i like locking the whole system not games because they can still look at what stuff you have on your 3ds
The point was to keep children from accessing FBI and doing something bad, not stop children from looking at what is on their own console.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Isn't it easily bypassed? or was it fixed/changed already?
I believe when it's stored on the SD card, it stores the lock file on the SD card as well. But when it's stored on the CTRNAND, it stores it on the CTRNAND. I could be remembering this wrong since I don't use Luma3DS and thus don't use this feature.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe when it's stored on the SD card, it stores the lock file on the SD card as well. But when it's stored on the CTRNAND, it stores it on the CTRNAND. I could be remembering this wrong since I don't use Luma3DS and thus don't use this feature.
I remember when I first used it even when you stored the pin in the nand once you boot the device with the sd card inserted it would ask to set up luma again aka you can put no pin and go in anyway. So I tried putting both nand and sd card pin codes but just deleting the file from the sd card was enough to bypass it.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I remember when I first used it even when you stored the pin in the nand once you boot the device with the sd card inserted it would ask to set up luma again aka you can put no pin and go in anyway. So I tried putting both nanda and sd card pin codes but just deleting the file from the sd card was enough to bypass it.
Luma3DS used do to that, but that's long been fixed. You can run Luma3DS independently from your CTRNAND and basically all the setting will be saved there as well.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Even if the PIN settings are stored on CTR-NAND, the boot.firm on SD card overrides the one in CTR-NAND so all they have to do is put a boot.firm on the SD card right? But it is better this way since there's no way to completely destroy the console like you can with 3DSafe.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if the PIN settings are stored on CTR-NAND, the boot.firm on SD card overrides the one in CTR-NAND so all they have to do is put a boot.firm on the SD card right? But it is better this way since there's no way to completely destroy the console like you can with 3DSafe.
That was one of the things I was gonna try but with a9lh files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.