ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

taha1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is going on? suddenly everyone know how to encrypt.
are there public tools that make thing much easier got released or something?
does it contain illegal code so no one is sharing them here?

Reactions: Hiccup

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
shh it's a secret
secret.png

Reactions: Huntereb

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it can be rebuilt using this command line
Code:
..\makerom -f cci -target g -desc ecapp:3 -rsf NSMB.rsf -romfs xored_romfs.bin -exheader xored_exh.bin -code exefs/code.bin -icon exefs/icon.bin -banner exefs/banner.bin -alignwr -o NSMB.3DS
Hm, everytime I use the xored romfs.bin makerom tells me it's an invalid romfs binary, even with the original extracted one.

All in all, rebuildin Mercenaries 3D was just fine even without rsf shenanigans etc. but I simply can't seem to get a working rebuild of MH4G despite copying everything from the exh to rsf and trying various tools and build commands :s Simply stuck at the 3DS splash screen loop.

Reactions: Hiccup

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hm, everytime I use the xored romfs.bin makerom tells me it's an invalid romfs binary, even with the original extracted one.

All in all, rebuildin Mercenaries 3D was just fine even without rsf shenanigans etc. but I simply can't seem to get a working rebuild of MH4G despite copying everything from the exh to rsf and trying various tools and build commands :s Simply stuck at the 3DS splash screen loop.

Hey _eyCaRambA_, you really decrypt and rebuild mercenaries 3D? You can hack him? :D

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey _eyCaRambA_, you really decrypt and rebuild mercenaries 3D? You can hack him? :D
Well I actually just did this for a RE modder who was interested in it and is doing reserach on the file formats right now but yes, I did a text edit and a modelswap just fine (http://i.imgur.com/B35cQWl.jpg, swapped suit for Jill).

Reactions: cearp

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
woah amazing man :) And also is possible? like euip mods, or skill effect activates without need to equip? (or possible to mod the effect of skills? XD) Tell me everything is possible now, please ^^

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah amazing man :) And also is possible? like euip mods, or skill effect activates without need to equip? (or possible to mod the effect of skills? XD) Tell me everything is possible now, please ^^
Well in theory everything is possible :P
I haven't played the game so I have no idea what exactly you're talking about lol, as said I've just done this for the RE modder who was interested in seeing it and getting the files from the game. Sorry.

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
But didn't you post a little tutorial on how to pack NSMB2?

He did but you need another tool to create a proper romfs as makerom cant build one from scratch correctly and the tool needed relies on the official Nintendo 3DS SDK which is copyrighted so cant be shared.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't played the game so I have no idea what exactly you're talking about lol, as said I've just done this for the RE modder who was interested in seeing it and getting the files from the game. Sorry.

Do we have access to plaintext binaries now, and indeed the ability to edit them?

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
He did but you need another tool to create a proper romfs as makerom cant build one from scratch correctly and the tool needed relies on the official Nintendo 3DS SDK which is copyrighted so cant be shared.

Is somebody making a unofficial tool, to do the same?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

So yuo are not available for make some mods for me? :D
You are the only one on this game MOD, and hacking si too hard for me. Maybe you can send me a tool or, better, a decrypted games? :D
Sure that you could not do 2-3 changes for me? :P

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really as simple as pressing the "import model" button (figuratively speaking)? Don't you need to change a whole lot more for the game to even accept the Mega Evolutions?
Yes. tbh most if not all of those files can just be copy/pasted from ORAS. heck look what copy/pasting data files from ORAS into B2 ROM can do. (hint: most of the file structure have not changed between gen 5 and 6) sprites are from showdown.
B1LxFEmCIAE2BV_.png
B1LxFHZCMAAWIsg.png
B1LxFKdCYAAq_0j.png

Reactions: loco365

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate