ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah according to SciresM he took out the NCCH partition 0 from Pokemon and made a xorpad for the whole thing.

These are all the files I use going from recompiled romfs -> recompiled rom xored with original keys:
DGDP3.jpg

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just realised there's a g option for encryption, which claims to work with Gateway. Does this makes a difference while packing a rom with makerom or is still no use?

Also, according to the latest code of makerom, the rsf file must be changed to this:

Version of 20/09/14
Code:
Rom:
  # Specifies the root path of the file system to include in the ROM.
  HostRoot                : "romfs"

Version of 22/09/14
Code:
RomFs:
  # Specifies the root path of the file system to include in the ROM.
  RootPath                : "romfs"
---

Well, I tried... The system displayed the 3DS logo at boot, then the logo faded away but the game didn't start for some reason (the screen just stayed in black) and the 3DS froze.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those wanting to view/edit/replace uncompressed bclims, feel free to try out png2bclim. Download link is on the 'Releases' tab.

Doesn't support in/out of ETC1/ETC1A4 format bclims, but supports the weird PKM X/Y format7 color palette variant of bclim.

might not work exactly 100% of the time, was mainly thrown together so SciresM and I could test replacement of things ;)

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's more CIA's in the wild as sdk stuff(as i said in other post it has sdk keys so it's useless try decrypt 'em), if you don't mind share the method I'll try by my side...
ctrtool --commonkey *Key* --contents=out *Your cia*
It will generate a NCCH file, i failed in decrypting the NCCH file...

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Is it possible to change the ID for a game to trick Miiverse into thinking that it is one that allows screenshots? Then it would be possible to post Dream Team screenshots again. I could also turn my Activity Feed into a Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition community since Capcom does not seem interested in making one.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Is it possible to change the ID for a game to trick Miiverse into thinking that it is one that allows screenshots? Then it would be possible to post Dream Team screenshots again. I could also turn my Activity Feed into a Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition community since Capcom does not seem interested in making one.

I don't see why not! Give it a shot, I doubt it wouldn't work. :rofl:

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about doing this? Do I have to swap the exheader with a different one or is there more to it than that? Does it also require fixing hashes?

Honestly, I haven't even touched this tool yet, I'm waiting for it to have a useful purpose (to me) before I use it. Someone else answer this, I'm interested in it, too. :P

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe if you use the right reëncryption key? cause i learned just yet thet vc roms run through the gateway trick for homebrew... this might not work for Retail games.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
it is possible with rexorring, some on this forum can do it already.

or are you talking about rebuilding romfs?

They did it some unknown, unreleased way. Dunno why nothing has been released relating to them. It doesn't even have to be proper right now, I just want something that works. :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all