ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get very noob friendly Rom injection support where we just open a vc.3ds file drag and drop Rom to add drag and drop top screen banner and then drag and drop icon and then click create? I know at this point it's probably not an easy task but the entire community would be able to enjoy doing something as this instead of a select few people with the knowledge and know how

Give it time, don't expect public & idiotproofed programs when there still aren't any public programs. Things take time to code properly

Reactions: cearp

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He should have sent a PM instead of posting a reply though.
I asked it here so if someone else said anything about building a program such as I described people would know instead of wondering also its ok that I asked that here and it can be related to the OP topic so it doesn't matter if I pmed or if I posted in here

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked it here so if someone else said anything about building a program such as I described people would know instead of wondering also its ok that I asked that here and it can be related to the OP topic so it doesn't matter if I pmed or if I posted in here

That works too I guess.

CompCom
As for features request, I've got something to add too

1. Reencryption of NCCH using the original keys (apparently some user have reported doing this in this thread)
  2. For VC roms, allow for minimal MB padding and redirection of header to make use of this new location of padding. (This would be great in reducing the current minimum size from 64mb to perhaps ~5-10mb)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
how about applying the SD loading patch that was linked in this thread that allows loading RomFS contents from the SD......that would be really good for mod testing rather than having to rebuild every time

Reactions: Hiccup

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about applying the SD loading patch that was linked in this thread that allows loading RomFS contents from the SD......that would be really good for mod testing rather than having to rebuild every time

from what I read on that github, it's not an automatic process, and you actually have to find the a couple of sdk functions to patch. I haven't played with it yet, but now that I look, I suppose you could probably try to find and patch automatically.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i kinda put this patch in the community saves thread, but i suppose its probably more applicable here....plus i guess some people who are waiting to see what stuff will be happening with all these tools can end up doing, but anyways heres a pokemon X US patch that makes the mega form pokemon appear in route 2/3 and santalune forrest, you need to remove the 1.2 patch to see them though....but its just a little example of things to come :)

and again, this was done using skiresM and Kaphotics tools so thanks goes to them for their work

Attachments

• PPF ROM PATCH pokemon X USA Mega evos.zip
    531.9 KB · Views: 176

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Before I do anything, I'm gonna wait for an official release of a way to repack roms after editing them. I'm also still waiting for Gericom's nice Mario Kart tool, because that outa make things super easy.

Once I get both of those, I'm all over modding anything. I'm kinda waiting for someone to mod Mario Kart to have cheats online or something, and seeing if they get banned. I'm almost certain they will, but I want to make sure it's actually there before I go into editing more than just graphics and sounds...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before I do anything, I'm gonna wait for an official release of a way to repack roms after editing them. I'm also still waiting for Gericom's nice Mario Kart tool, because that outa make things super easy.

Once I get both of those, I'm all over modding anything. I'm kinda waiting for someone to mod Mario Kart to have cheats online or something, and seeing if they get banned. I'm almost certain they will, but I want to make sure it's actually there before I go into editing more than just graphics and sounds...

Regarding the bolded part you may be waiting a while, be it whether your define official as Nintendo or as some quasi authoritative source, of which there are and can realistically never be any.

That said it does look like it is time for "3DS ROMs and you, how to decrypt, unpack, repack and edit 3DS ROMs -- there may be no games but there is still the puzzle of custom formats".

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the bolded part you may be waiting a while, be it whether your define official as Nintendo or as some quasi authoritative source, of which there are and can realistically never be any.

Oh, nah. Just any way to put them back into a playable form. I guess I should have worded that differently.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost track of this thread around the time of the PokemonZ extraction craze so excuse me if this has been asked before and/or answered. Has the method for hashing/re-signing exefs been figured out too?

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we get very noob friendly Rom injection support where we just open a vc.3ds file drag and drop Rom to add drag and drop top screen banner and then drag and drop icon and then click create? I know at this point it's probably not an easy task but the entire community would be able to enjoy doing something as this instead of a select few people with the knowledge and know how
As I have an anti-piracy stance I don't have any VC roms so I cannot promise this kind of support however I may look into the banner and icon formats and enable easy editing of them as a part of this or a seperate tool (depending on the complexity of the formats and the time I have available).

As for features request, I've got something to add too
  1. Reencryption of NCCH using the original keys (apparently some user have reported doing this in this thread)
  2. For VC roms, allow for minimal MB padding and redirection of header to make use of this new location of padding. (This would be great in reducing the current minimum size from 64mb to perhaps ~5-10mb)
  1. Done. My tool now has an option to re-encrypt roms using their original xorpads.
  2. (See above for my stance on VC roms.) However my tool can update the writable region address in the NCSD so if VC roms operate by using this value it should work with them.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For anyone else who was having this problem with makerom:
Code:
[CCI ERROR] 'CardDevice: NorFlash' can only be used with save-data sizes: 128K & 512K
[RESULT] Failed to build CCI

applestash has now fixed it on the github.
do you know how to build it? I can build ctrtool just fine but makerom is throwing me some errors with NMAKE. ( I want a build which doesn't require additional .dll files)

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kinda put this patch in the community saves thread, but i suppose its probably more applicable here....plus i guess some people who are waiting to see what stuff will be happening with all these tools can end up doing, but anyways heres a pokemon X US patch that makes the mega form pokemon appear in route 2/3 and santalune forrest, you need to remove the 1.2 patch to see them though....but its just a little example of things to come :)

and again, this was done using skiresM and Kaphotics tools so thanks goes to them for their work

Hope I'm not asking for too much, but can we get a version of this for Y, please? My main game is on Y, where I have everything to catch the megas. Or make a part of the existing patch to include free/cheap master balls from the PokeMart.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hi thanks again for your work. How can i apply your patch please i have a gateway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.