Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Anyone can tell in a simple language why it require the 4.5 tu make that xorpad file?
If a soft as been made to work on the 3ds that is the function of this and why it can't be remade over a computer software?

Cause I would really love to get MK7 .szs (maintly courses files)
To port them over MKW and futur usage for other games mods.

@pikpol that a Python script, Install Python 2.7 then run that script it might prompt for you to link them a pokemon model/texture files :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok anyone wanting a simple windows script to automatically extract a rom's filesystem, decrypt it and extract the contents

basically make sure you have
the xor pads and the 3ds rom in the folder

make sure you only have the 1 .3ds file in the folder and click on edd.bat

(i know its obvious but i didn't make any of the tools in the file, just the .bat file this is just to make the process super noob friendly)

Attachments

• automatic extract decrypt and dump.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 295

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone can tell in a simple language why it require the 4.5 tu make that xorpad file?
If a soft as been made to work on the 3ds that is the function of this and why it can't be remade over a computer software?

4.1-4.5 is required because the launcher uses the rop loader to run, and the rop loader uses the exploit that is only available on FW 4.1-4.5

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know but buy something only to make a ct for mkw isn't in my priorities ^^
There are no custom ROMs yet either, to make custom tracks on Mario Kart you would have to find a way to do that (should not be too hard with the current hacks) as well as reverse engineer the formats involved (though Mario Kart seems to be popular enough to warrant many people looking into it).

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't compile that, they are Scripts, just save them and use as a command line program
(You will also need Python installed)

Could you give me some more information? I already got python installed for some other stuff.
So i save them as .py? And then?
Sorry it's just all new for me but it's really time to learn these things

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Could you take a look at Harmoknight files? The game was also made by Gamefreak, and it's folder layout is very similar(a/x/x/x). The files seems to have a GARC header, but your unpacker says there are zero files in each one.

Edit:Just looking through the header of the file and your source, I already see the header part before 'OTAF' is 4 bytes shorter than what you look for.

Here's a pic of the header for file 'a\0\0\0': http://i.imgur.com/gCf4AKb.png
File size is 60,474,816 bytes

Here's a fixed Form1.cs for Kaphotics' GARC unpacker that makes the unpacker work on Harmoknight files(although, it breaks compatibility with Pokemon).
http://pastebin.com/vA65rKeL

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem.
I extracted exefs, exh and romfs, but I can't extract them, the Automatic Extractor says it's corrupted.
Maybe because the romfs I'm using is larger than 2GB?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol