Hacking [RELEASE] 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post. Here's a new beta version of the program I just finished up coding. It is able to properly write an EmuNAND to the second RedNAND offset (using the same data structure as the first GW EmuNAND), instead of being hardcoded to only write a RedNAND to that position.

It can also configure a third EmuNAND/RedNAND by using the "-3" parameter (the boot.bin file is also modified to reflect this new offset). Remember: this is only for testing purposes, since you can't really boot a second/third EmuNAND for the time being.

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!0I5WEbAC!0EBVNVnPrl2WszEIfTOnoZ7E5awbqroPq0ZVvsCHRu0.

Kazuma77 Here's hoping you can convince Roxas75. ;)

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it this quickly. Indeed, I do own a Gateway, BTW. So they are two different things for me. The gaming one has themes and DLC installed, which I don't want to get deleted, so I install CIAs of updates instead of grabbing them from the eShop (I can't get into the Japanese eShop for updates to things like Final Fantasy Explorers anyway). The eShop one has no CIAs installed (makes for easier dumping with no fake tickets, seems safer too). I use it to get my updates, free games and apps, etc., and then dump them for use in the gaming one. Since it has all the US updates installed legitimately, it's also better for real carts than classic mode at this point. So it would be handy having both on one card.

It may not seem like I have much use for CFW, but it's good for running Ninjhax, using SDF with real carts, and apparently someone even got Palantine running DSiWare (I'd like to know how, because they're kind-of messy in SysNAND, they don't like to stay in their folder -- boot the 3DS by mistake with the SD card removed and they go everywhere).

Now, if I can convince Roxas75 this is something people want and will use. Well, only one way to find out. Thanks again!

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi mate!
I'm trying to follow this guide but as soon as i launch "Extract emuNAND 1" as admin, it tells me "Unable to identify the SD card that contains the emuNAND". How can i solve this? Thank you :)

Do any other error messages appear when you run it? Because if that isn't the case, chances are you originally formatted your EmuNAND using a non-supported flashcard executable (only Gateway and MT-Card signatures are supported).

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
It tells me "Error reading 512 bytes chink from "\\.\PhysicalDrive 3" sector #0: 21." (and then the same message with drive 4 and 5).
I've formatted my SD card with Gateway launcher.dat when I first installed my Palantine CFW.

Can you please upload an screenshot of the error?

god88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.techscene.it
XP
Country
Italy
Sure mate, there you go:
VCEueUg.png

Hope this helps!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
This is very, very weird. According to this page, error 21 means the device is not ready. The program needs to read the first 512 bytes from the drive in order to check if it contains the GW/MT signature. It's OK if the check fails on a single drive, but the fact that the same error is being displayed with 3 different drives bothers me.

Are you sure you're running the program with administrative privileges? I don't have a Win8/8.1 computer, so I can't really tests my builds under that OS. But last time I checked, even 3ds-dualnand worked fine.

god88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.techscene.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I'm running the batch file as admin. Could this problem be because I've a multicard reader? Because officially my PC sais I've got 4 card readers. The fact this program doesn't tell me which unit is being readed makes difficult to tell if the actual unit where the SD is inserted is being read.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, I'm running the batch file as admin. Could this problem be because I've a multicard reader? Because officially my PC sais I've got 4 card readers. The fact this program doesn't tell me which unit is being readed makes difficult to tell if the actual unit where the SD is inserted is being read.

It may be related, but I don't think that's exactly the case. The program will always check all the available physical drives to see which one contains the GW/MT signature, skipping drives A:, B:, C: and non-removable media in the process.

Please go into the Disk Manager and upload an screenshot of the lower part of the window (containing info about the SD card). I need to see the physical drive number Windows assigned to it.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Just like I thought, the program is actually reading the 512 bytes data chunk from the drive without problems (SD card = "\\.\PhysicalDrive2", which is not figured among the errors), but there's something that isn't allowing it to go on.

I want to run more tests. Let's continue this conversation through PM.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
3ds-triplenand updated to v0.6 beta 3. The new version now properly checks if a logical drive is ready before attempting to read data from it. Thanks to god88 for testing.

I'll probably contact a moderator to change the thread's title.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand it's done. Thanks, Cyan! :P

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please try the latest 3DS Triple EmuNAND Creator beta. That problem has been fixed in v0.6 beta 2.

Used it and got a new error

Error: FAT16 partition offset (beginning at 0x3fbc0400) collides
with the **first** EmuNAND offset (beginning at sector #1).

This is probably some kind of corruption. Format the EmuNAND
again on your Nintendo 3DS console to fix this.

BTW Im trying to use it on a REDNAND, but it looks like only some people had problems with it while others doesnt.It worked perfectly on a normal emunand.

An override or force function would be awesome, at least for me as messing with the emunand can't brick the console and a lot of people here is trying to do some experiments with this tool. Excellent tool keep improving it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...