Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Riku, Mar 20, 2015.
So now that Luma3DS 8 is out, how can we generate xorpad files? Converting on the 3DS is too slow
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm still on the Luma 7.0, how does one make Xorpads?
EDIT: Ncchinfo.bin refuses to be created
If you're converting from .3ds files and don't have a cartdrige you can use 3dsconv.py (that ihaveamac linked last page). You'll need both the .exe and .py script, and the boot9.bin file that you can dump by holding Start+Select+X on boot with your 3ds (Luma 8.0 only) in the same directory, then just drag the roms to the exe.
If you have a cartridge, just use Godmode9 to dump them to cia.
Is there a way to use a PC to do it? It would be much faster.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Dumping the boot9 file is pretty much instant (it's saved in the boot9strap of your sd), then just copy it over to the PC in the same folder as the 3dsconv.py and just drag your .3ds files to the exe. It's all done in the computer (and it supports dragging multiple files at once)
The whole process takes almost no time to complete.
Can someone help me convert this file: https://mega.nz/#!6QJhyCRI!YnQBC9gNI4zRziThnn2qT4NxTcCl_8oPlyHzBQYxBjk
into a cia file? I don't have windows...
Remove the link please. It's against the rules.
My 3ds won't create the xorpad files. it says they're 0mb when creationg them, and when I look at my sd card on my computer they aren't there at all.
Disregard this I'm an idiot.
I'm glad I'm not alone. I was confused.
I figured it out. You're all most likely on BL9 (or whatever it's called). I'm on the newest Luma and newest GodMode9. GodMode9 has all of the functionality of Decrypt9, Hourglass9, etc. If you're following the recent guides and you have everything up-to-date, you can still use this tool to generate CIAs. Of course, you can generate CIAs within FBI, but it's WAAAAAAAY too slow. It takes almost as long as installing them.
So, I followed the guide up until the point where it tells you to create xorpads. Then you do the following:
1) Put the SD card back into your 3DS, hold the start button, and power on the 3DS to enter into GodMode9.
2) Press "A" on "SD", scroll down to the .bin file that you generated following the previous steps.
3) Press "A" on the .bin file and follow the options to generate xorpads. Note: Depending on how many .3DS files you are trying to create into CIAs, this will take a while. Not too long. I had about 40 I was converting, so this step took about 2 minutes.
3) After the 3DS is finished generating xorpads, power off the 3DS.
4) Take out the SD card and put it back in your computer.
5) Finish following the guide from the OP. Note: He says the "Finish" pop-up appears after the CIAs are finished being processed. However, this did not happen with me... The "Finish" pop-up appeared immediately. But in the backend, it was processing the CIAs. Don't mess with the tool. Let it run in the background. Like I said, I was generating about 40 CIAs. You can tell it's working by using your file explorer to look in the CIA folder (of the subfolder you put the CIA converter tool).
Hope this helps somebody.
Can I use the CIAs I got with this program to install them on another console? (i.e. if mine breaks and I get a new one) or it's console/unit-bounded and I need to dump a new set of xorpads and re-convert the .3ds files for said console?
CIAs aren't console specific no.
Program updated to version 5.0. XORpads are no longer required if proper 'boot9.bin' file detected in the same folder.
Trying to confirm this, does this program allow .3DZ files to be converted to .CIA and keep the online headers?
.CIAs don't use their own headers, they use your consoles so no. Online headers are only required for retail cartridges and .3DS/.3DZ ROMs on a 3DS flashcart like Sky3DS+/Gateway for online play and they still have to be dumped from a real cartridge.
It does convert .3DS/.3DZ to .CIA.
can I use it to convert cia file to 3ds so I can play on citra?
can i use this to make a sonic 3 cia,god i love that game.
No this converts .3DS/.3DZ to .CIA. You need a 3DSbuilder.
Sonic 3? Like the genesis game? No, this only converts 3DS roms to .CIA files. What you're looking for is a Sega Genesis VC injector.
no need to do that, extract the cia with ctrtool or something.
how do i do the sega vc injector?