Hacking [RELEASE] 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator

theholyduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I managed to make a 4 nand multinand using rednands and its working great on luma3ds. But i want to make it work on with decrypt9 for easier CTRtransfering and the dumping and injecting of various system stuff.

For some reason. it detects it as "multinand" just fine. but it only shows nand nr1 + 1 more possible nand. and says there is no emunand there. when i try to read from nand2.

Im asuming this has something to do with offsets or what not.is there something i can do to get multinand to work on both luma3ds and decrypt9?

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@DarkMatterCore
I'm using v1.61 but seem to run in to a issue regarding multiple emunands.
I injected one (JPN)emunand to "nand number1", then I went on to inject the second (USA)emunand into "nand number2". The program seems to work as intended, showing me a progress bar and letting me know the operation is complete.

When I put it back into my N3DS it only seems to find enunand1(JPN). Going to Luma settings and telling it to boot emunand2(USA) results in it booting into emunand1(JPN).
I tried injecting a EUR nanddump into "nand number2", still, it will only boot nand number1(JPN).

Edit: I don't know how I did it, but after 3-4 new tries of cleaning my SD and reformating it suddenly worked (seemingly) like a charm.

Last edited by Pokepicker,
Reactions: Real.96

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there! Just wondering if you can make this Multinand creator be able to have a straight up 'format SD' option without having to go through the steps of removing an already existing EmuNAND partition and/or making an EmuNAND partition in order to force a 'Formatting' procedure? I would highly appreciate it. :)

Thanks in advance.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@DarkMatterCore
I'm using v1.61 but seem to run in to a issue regarding multiple emunands.
I injected one (JPN)emunand to "nand number1", then I went on to inject the second (USA)emunand into "nand number2". The program seems to work as intended, showing me a progress bar and letting me know the operation is complete.

When I put it back into my N3DS it only seems to find enunand1(JPN). Going to Luma settings and telling it to boot emunand2(USA) results in it booting into emunand1(JPN).
I tried injecting a EUR nanddump into "nand number2", still, it will only boot nand number1(JPN).

Edit: I don't know how I did it, but after 3-4 new tries of cleaning my SD and reformating it suddenly worked (seemingly) like a charm.
try my way
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/page-15#post-6661318
before do that backup everything in your sdcard include emunand
and if you are N3DS
you should change offset
7.Create Partition primary offset=4194304
8.format
9.exit
10.bbcopy.exe bs=512 offs=1 ofd=2 if=nand1.bin
11.bbcopy.exe bs=512 offs=4194305 ofd=2 if=nand2.bin

Last edited by srwgin,

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So with this I can create a emuNAND partition on the SD and dump a NANDmin.bin Dump created with Hourglass9 into that partition and use that one then as an emuNAND? I have Luma 6.6 + A9LH, which gives the option to boot an emuNAND so I want to try it out :)

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this I can create a emuNAND partition on the SD and dump a NANDmin.bin Dump created with Hourglass9 into that partition and use that one then as an emuNAND? I have Luma 6.6 + A9LH, which gives the option to boot an emuNAND so I want to try it out :)

Yes this will work, but please backup SD contents prior to using tool as it will format when it creates the partition.

Reactions: Fil o_O

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I set up a emuNAND with this tool. Shown as redNAND. I formatted the emuNAND to unlink it from sysNAND. But now I cannot sign back into NNID on sysNAND

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't do anything with this console or the NNID, so I formatted both sys and emuNAND. But even after I completed the initial set up, any change I made appeared in sysNAND and emuNAND - like setting the theme. So does formatting them both link them again somehow?

Also, after the format I can log in my NNID again, right?
So after I log in, I can restore a NAND backup? Would I still need the blank NNID step?

Or is it fine this way: log in -> restore nand-backup. continue ?

EDIT: Ok, it worked. I logged in, restored the NAND backup and copied the SD card back...

I think this is enough experience in the emu/red Nand realms for me... there's really no point anymore is there?

Last edited by Fil o_O,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't do anything with this console or the NNID, so I formatted both sys and emuNAND. But even after I completed the initial set up, any change I made appeared in sysNAND and emuNAND - like setting the theme. So does formatting them both link them again somehow?

Also, after the format I can log in my NNID again, right?
So after I log in, I can restore a NAND backup? Would I still need the blank NNID step?

Or is it fine this way: log in -> restore nand-backup. continue ?

EDIT: Ok, it worked. I logged in, restored the NAND backup and copied the SD card back...

I think this is enough experience in the emu/red Nand realms for me... there's really no point anymore is there?

Glad u worked it out.

Correct with A9LH there is no reason for simple CFW use. I have an EmuNAND but that is for development purpose.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm a little lost please help! So I'm upgrading my SD Card so what steps do I need to do? Also I already loaded up the new one so I gotta back it up before doing any of this? Also I'm on Lumas CFW

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm a little lost please help! So I'm upgrading my SD Card so what steps do I need to do? Also I already loaded up the new one so I gotta back it up before doing any of this?

Do you have an EmuNAND currently set up? Also, what's your setup A9LH?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe so. Don't know the location of them on the card tho. Well the a9 is on the root right? I followed all the steps to install Luma CFW so I should.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes on the old and copied it to the new one.

K cool.

Do the following:
1) Put TARGET (new) SD card in PC, launch MultiNAND Tool and select "Start format".
2) Put SOURCE (old) SD card in PC and, launch MultiNAND Tool and select "Extract NAND". Save bin file on your PC.
3) Put TARGET (new) SD card in PC, launch MultiNAND Tool and select "Inject EmuNAND" and select file saved from step 2.
4) Copy contents of SD card from SOURCE (old) to TARGET (new) SD card.

Now you can re-insert TARGET (new) SD card back into your 3DS and it should be the same setup. MAKE SURE YOU CAN LOAD EMUNAND PRIOR TO DOING ANYTHING ELSE.

Reactions: laz305

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
this tool has saved me so much hassle specially after all versions of Emunand Tool failed to extract emunand image from my SD card,thanks to @DarkMatterCore his multi tool successfully extracted Emunand image from the SD card now i can upgrade from 32GB SD to 64GB SD. :)

Reactions: cdante100

the MCDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zaqqaz00 asked for some help
Hi
Sorry to bother you
I saw your post in this thread [RELEASE] 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator, where you mentioned you had a 256gb micro sd card set with GW and 4 emunands
I too have a 256 micro GB card, it too is set up with GW that boots off of the LUMA pay load similar to the way yours does.
I am interested in getting additional Rednand emunands on to the micro sd card and have them boot off of Luma payloads
I was oping you could point me in the right direction or share the method you used to set up your syste.
Again I aplogise for any intrusuon
Thanks
BTW
I have a New 3ds with sysnand at 9.2, and GW emunand at 11.2. I installed the CFW from the famous 3ds guide
so i gave zaqqaz00 this
first thing is back up everything on the sd card use emunand tool to back up your gw emunand then you will format the sd card to fat32 then use multi emunand creator to format the card again gw will only work off of 1st emunand so dont try to put it o 2 3 or 4. now you need to make a 3 different emunands the way i do it is boot hourglass (Start on boot) back up your 9.2 system nand NOTE if you did not inject FBI on system nand already do it now injected FBI will stick even after formatting on the next couple of steps. Next do a nintendo system format when you are back on home menu turn off system and boot back into hourglass back up reformated 9.2 i called it nandmin2 when done repeat format hourglass backup nandmin3 repeat again for nandmin4 when you have all of your newly made enunands restore 9.2 system nand with hourglass keep armhax option now with all of that done use multi emunand creator to put nands 2 3 and 4 in slot 2 3 and 4 use the rednand option for 2 3 4 emunand option for gw slot 1 Put all your files that you backed up earlier on the sd card again. hopefully at this time you should be able to boot gw with payload and emunands 2 3 and 4 by holding the L button and a directional up down left or right to boot 2 3 4 respectfully i find it helpful to make a folder and rename it 2 3 4 for each nand you enter i also set a different base color theme helps create folders in Nintendo 3DS folder on the root of your memory card for each emunand. sorry for long tut hope this helps
zaqqaz00 followed my tut and replied
MCDO
Your instructions worked great
I have a 5 in 1 N3ds
it is awesome

Ran into a slight problem
I used EASE Partition Manager to clean and clear the micro sd card -deleted partitions formatted to NTFS, deleted partitions and finally formatted to fat-32 with 32 sector size
Then, when using multi-nand tool I kept getting weird error with effect of a previous nand blah, blah. I noticed a remove nand button on the tool, I used it and then everything went well as you instructed.
Some enunand remnant remained on the microsd card even after all the scrubbing
My boot up is as follows
power on alone or L+up = sysnand
L+right+power=EMU2
L+down+power=EMU3
L+left+power=EMU4
the GW boots with it specific key

The rednands can even be updated to 11.3 and still boot: this is truly amazing as the gateway emu cannot boot at 11.3
One question what makes the emunands boot with those key sequences? is this a function of the multinand tool?
Thanks again for all your help

PS
I strongly suggest you post this tutorial.
I read all 16 + pages in that thread and could not make any sense of it
so i decided to post the tut and results hope it helps others as well

zaqqaz00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One observation to above set of instructions
The emnand tool does not work(at least not for me) on a NEW 3ds; it gives a 2mb bin!!
For those with a gateway on a NEW 3ds use the hourglass back up emunand function or even the extract emunand function of the multi-emunand tool.
Also make sure to inject FBI and unlink the NANDs during creation of the mutiple nands as in the above MSDO info, because unlinking them in the multi-emunand set up will be next to impossible as you can not remove the sd card at that time to unlink

Last edited by zaqqaz00,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.