Hacking [RELEASE] 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
Weird. I guess I still have to tweak the FAT32Format code a bit (the program no longer calls the format.exe tool from Windows). I assume it didn't really fail to write the FAT partition sectors, though. Otherwise a different error message should have been displayed.

There should be no problems if you format the new partition using another program, but make sure it is FAT32.
Alright, thanks.
Another question, is it possible to inject a sysNAND.bin into en emuNAND?
Like if I dumped sysNAND to a .bin file using EmuNAND9 or similar?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Alright, thanks.
Another question, is it possible to inject a sysNAND.bin into en emuNAND?
Like if I dumped sysNAND to a .bin file using EmuNAND9 or similar?

Sure thing, it is entirely possible. It would be like running your SysNAND as an EmuNAND. Not sure why you would want to do that, but you can definitely do it.

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure thing, it is entirely possible. It would be like running your SysNAND as an EmuNAND. Not sure why you would want to do that, but you can definitely do it.
It's because I'm not entirely sure if you can change region on a 10.5.0 emuNAND, but I have seen multiple people changing from 9.2E/U to 9.2J.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
It's because I'm not entirely sure if you can change region on a 10.5.0 emuNAND, but I have seen multiple people changing from 9.2E/U to 9.2J.

The procedure should be the same, except for the fact that instead of using the 9.2 system CIAs from the region you want to change your EmuNAND to, you have to use the 10.5 system CIAs (from such region, that is).

Nonetheless, you can indeed perform the 9.2 region change steps using your SysNAND as an EmuNAND, just like you want to. ;)

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
The procedure should be the same, except for the fact that instead of using the 9.2 system CIAs from the region you want to change your EmuNAND to, you have to use the 10.5 system CIAs (from such region, that is).

Nonetheless, you can indeed perform the 9.2 region change steps using your SysNAND as an EmuNAND, just like you want to. ;)
Is it possible to play online on the new emuNAND in addition to the old one or do I need to create a new NNID or something?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Additional notes:
  • If the FAT32 partition already begins at a valid offset, you can pretty much use this tool to inject a new NAND dump as the first, second, third or fourth EmuNAND, replacing the previous one.
  • It isn't necessary to add a 512-bytes dummy header to the NAND dump (e.g., running "drag_emunand_here.bat" on it) before using this program, even though it is compatible with such dumps. If you want to write the input NAND dump as a RedNAND, just click the "Inject RedNAND" button.
  • If you use the "New 3DS" option, you won't be able to click the "Inject RedNAND" button to write an input NAND dump as a RedNAND. Bear in mind that the Palantine CFW is not compatible with the New Nintendo 3DS.
Currently working on ensuring Multi EmuNAND compatibility of Decrypt9WIP, and have a few questions....
  • Is 4 the absolute upper limit of EmuNANDs allowed on one SD card with this tool? Will this stay (not asking you to make it higher, to make that clear, just want to be safe ;)).
  • Is the first sector (ie, the first 512 byte) of each EmuNAND always 'free' (I understand that EmuNANDs begin at 0GB/2GB/4GB/6GB for N3DS and 0GB/1GB/2GB/3GB for O3DS)? For GW EmuNAND type and for RedNAND? I know it has to be for the first one because of the MBR, but for the other ones it might not matter.
  • Is there any reason not allowing RedNANDs in a a N3DS? They only differ in the placement of the NCSD header from 'regular' GW EmuNANDs anyways. Also for additional EmuNANDs beyound the first one, RedNAND would be the more obvious choice anyways with it's more 'natural' placement of the NCSD header. Might be a design choice of CakesFW, though.

Hope you can help me sort this out.

Last edited by d0k3,

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is it possible to play online on the new emuNAND in addition to the old one or do I need to create a new NNID or something?

You'll most likely have to create a new NNID.

Currently working on ensuring Multi EmuNAND compatibility of Decrypt9WIP, and have a few questions....
  • Is 4 the absolute upper limit of EmuNANDs allowed on one SD card with this tool? Will this stay (not asking you to make it higher, to make that clear, just want to be safe ;)).
  • Is the first sector (ie, the first 512 byte) of each EmuNAND always 'free' (I understand that EmuNANDs begin at 0GB/2GB/4GB/6GB for N3DS and 0GB/1GB/2GB/3GB for O3DS)? For GW EmuNAND type and for RedNAND? I know it has to be for the first one because of the MBR, but for the other ones it might not matter.
  • Is there any reason not allowing RedNANDs in a a N3DS? They only differ in the placement of the NCSD header from 'regular' GW EmuNANDs anyways. Also for additional EmuNANDs beyound the first one, RedNAND would be the more obvious choice anyways with it's more 'natural' placement of the NCSD header. Might be a design choice of CakesFW, though.

Hope you can help me sort this out.

1. There's actually no limit, to be honest. But I don't think I'm gonna change it anytime soon (I mean, really, who needs more then 4 EmuNANDs?). CakesFW supports up to 9 different EmuNANDs, anyway.

2. Up to this point, the first sector of each EmuNAND has always been free, but with the recent addition of custom EmuNAND name support in CakesFW, it now has a purpose.

3. Not really, actually. It's just that, back when I first made the program, the only CFW that was compatible with RedNANDs was Palantine's. To say the truth, I haven't checked if modern CFWs support N3DS RedNANDs.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,
Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you!

3. Not really, actually. It's just that, back when I first made the program, the only CFW that was compatible with RedNANDs was Palantine's. To say the truth, I haven't checked if modern CFWs support N3DS RedNANDs.
Fun fact; It is very possible that this first NAND sector (NCSD header) is not even used (never read, never written to) by the 3DS hardware. Earlier CFW versions f.e. simply forgot about correctly adressing the header offset, and there are no known problems with that. I wouldnt risk that, though, better to use the correct EmuNAND type. And the placement of the NCSD header is actually not the only difference between EmuNAND and RedNAND, cause RedNANDs offset is also +512 byte / +1 sector in comparison to GW EmuNAND.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
the program not works for me, error msvcrt.dll in winxp sp3 and in win10 close the aplication for error (multiemunand 1.3, OS x86, New3DS), please help me!!

That's weird. I have tested the program under both operative systems. The error you got with XP is even more strange, since that file is part of the OS itself (IIRC, even notepad.exe depends on it). Are you running the program with administrative privileges?

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, but not works, detected the sdcard and emunand partition, but crash when I try make an operation.

Note: v1.0 works fine, I don't know because 1.3 crasher...

EDIT: I can user finally 1.3, but only works with microsd of 4gb and 8gb... 16gb crash.

Last edited by Ninoh-FOX,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most people here having problem is running Windows right?

If so here is the fix:

1. Format SD with SDFormatter to make the whole SD whole (1 partition)
2. Format SD again using Windows format app (it's to help the next step). Removing SD card name & choose default for all settings before formatting.
3. Run Windows Disk Management: Press Windows button + R button same time -> type diskmgmt.msc into the box and run
4. On Windows Disk Management -> right lick on the SD card -> change drive letter and paths -> remove the current drive letter
5. Again n Windows Disk Management -> right lick on the SD card -> change drive letter and paths -> Add -> assign a new Drive letter diffrent from last time
6. Try new multi emunand creator again , should be profit. If not, eject the memory card then reinsert and repeat from step 1.

@DarkMatterCore , Is this Windows problem or the new Multi EMUNAND Creator problem?

Last edited by tivu100,

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, but not works, detected the sdcard and emunand partition, but crash when I try make an operation.

Note: v1.0 works fine, I don't know because 1.3 crasher...

EDIT: I can user finally 1.3, but only works with microsd of 4gb and 8gb... 16gb crash.

That's really messed up. I'll see what I can do.

I think most people here having problem is running Windows right?

If so here is the fix:

1. Format SD with SDFormatter to make the whole SD whole (1 partition)
2. Format SD again using Windows format app (it's to help the next step). Removing SD card name & choose default for all settings before formatting.
3. Run Windows Disk Management: Press Windows button + R button same time -> type diskmgmt.msc into the box and run
4. On Windows Disk Management -> right lick on the SD card -> change drive letter and paths -> remove the current drive letter
5. Again n Windows Disk Management -> right lick on the SD card -> change drive letter and paths -> Add -> assign a new Drive letter diffrent from last time
6. Try new multi emunand creator again , should be profit. If not, eject the memory card then reinsert and repeat from step 1.

@DarkMatterCore , Is this Windows problem or the new Multi EMUNAND Creator problem?

That depends on the nature of the problem. Is your problem the same as Ninoh-FOX?

My program calls functions from the Windows API to populate the dropdown lists, so I don't really think it's a Windows problem. If you cloned your SD card, the program won't work, because that method doesn't preserve the full MBR data (including the "GATEWAYNAND" tag).

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really messed up. I'll see what I can do.

That depends on the nature of the problem. Is your problem the same as Ninoh-FOX?

My program calls functions from the Windows API to populate the dropdown lists, so I don't really think it's a Windows problem. If you cloned your SD card, the program won't work, because that method doesn't preserve the full MBR data (including the "GATEWAYNAND" tag).

Not the same Ninoh-FOX , it's just the fix I tried on 2 different Windows laptop/PC with 3 different card.

I am testing the Format SD option with NAND.bin back up from both Gateway and EMUNAND9Tool.

Error encounter if only format withSDformatter before using v1.3 is "
"FAT partitian dectected below the required offset (at 0x000400000).... " when click Yes -> "Wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume into drive..." ->

a. Cancel and get error "FAT32FORMAT: couldn't write 65536 bytes chunk to sector #0 (1235)" -> couldn't format the new FAT partion! (-6)
b. Continue and get error "FAT32FORMAT: couldn't write 65536 bytes chunk to sector #0 (34)" -> couldn't format the new FAT partion! (-6)

After this IF click "Start format" v1.3 will crashes. IF closes v1.3 and reopen and Start Format -> NAND seesm to be injected but Windows will ask to format the SD card before use!

A note I forgot in my last post: For any SD card that default file system is FAT32, format it to exfat or Multi EMUNAND creator 1.3 won't work.

I don't have programming skill so I can't comment on programming side, but the 1.3 version & Windows has bad relationship.

Last edited by tivu100,
D

Deleted User

How exactly do you make a second emunand? Do you just inject a nand backup into nand 2 in this tool, or do you have to format emunand twice?

chocovo

Trophies
XP
Country
The program works good, but when i go to format the SD the program it close and isn't any way to inject any emuNAND, my OS is Windows 10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup