Hacking [Release] 1-2-Switch Simulator

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

This is the release of version 2.2 of a simulator (not an emulator) of the game 1-2-Switch, which was created using Microsoft Small Basic. Small Basic is a lighter version of Visual Basic, therefore very simplistic, and so creating a project like this proves rather challenging. However, I spent the time and managed to do it.

This is not piracy as no official files are used apart from images and sounds, and all of the code in the project was written by me. However, a moderator may remove this post if they deem it necessary.

Playable minigames:
  • Telephone
  • Quick Draw
  • Soda Shake
  • Fake Draw
  • Samurai Training
The simulator is played using Wii Remotes, connected to your PC through GlovePIE. They are not as accurate as Joy-Con, of course, but their motion controls and rumble are enough to make the game playable.

Download (Google Drive)

Download (Mega)

Source code (with changelog)

For instructions on how to run, a README.txt file is included with the download.

Requirements:
  • Windows PC
  • Bluetooth adapter
  • Two Wii Remotes (optional. The simulator can be played using the keyboard; however an understanding of either the GlovePIE or project code must be made to figure out the keys which are used. Wiimotes are preferable.)
Videos

Thank you, and enjoy. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to use this thread!

Last edited by Ep8Script,

SarCATstic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks interesting, Joycons are compatible with PCs as far as I know, are the motion sensors themselves not working on PCs or did you just find Wiimotes easier to implement/use (or something along those lines, lol)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looks interesting, Joycons are compatible with PCs as far as I know, are the motion sensors themselves not working on PCs or did you just find Wiimotes easier to implement/use (or something along those lines, lol)
Yeah, the main issue is that the motion controls aren't fully compatiable with PC yet. If you read my story in the source code you'll see I actually planned to make it a Wii Homebrew before I realised it's much easier to make it a PC game instead. I'd love to make it work with the Joy-Con as soon as I can, though. It would be awesome.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
3045 lines of code! I expected it to almost be a text based game but, this is EXTREMELY impressive. Move on to a larger language and you are SURE to make something great!
Thanks heaps! I started with this language because we were taught it at school a while ago and I understood it fluently, but I hope to move on to something better and do something great soon, too! :)

D

Deleted-368796

That's pretty cool, dood.
Hey, maybe you can finally add that ice cube game everyone was expecting would be in 1 2 Switch. LoL

Oh and I will be waiting for that one kid to ask "wich emmulator is taht. Canz i play Mary-o Oddussy on it??!!? "

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Ep8Script

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this going to be submitted for the bounty? If sure that the mods would give it a high score. Great job and good luck.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I'm currently working on v2.3 which will change the opening titles to be more accurate. I'll update you as it comes along in the next day or two. :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
excuse me, sorry for the off topic but how does it get lighter then normal vb :wtf:
I was wondering the exact same thing actually.
Edit: Judging by the source code, it's basically just somewhere inbetween plain BASIC and Visual Basic. Pretty ugly stuff.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs