Hacking Reinstalling system apps

rathalosMH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In this case it would be ARGames. It kept appearing as NTR CFW even after reversing the injection process with GodMode9 v1.2.7-C. After attempting to repeat the injection process and then reverse it again incase something was missed, it would throw an ARM9 error, not matter what it was supposed to be.

Even if there was a ARGames.cia that I'm not aware of, I'm not sure how I would go about reinstalling a system app. Any suggestions?

Last edited by rathalosMH,

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by GravitySuitCollector,

rathalosMH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/

https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?sys=ctr&tid=0004001000021E00

Just use FBI to install the resulting CIA.

EDIT: you might also try using cthulhu to clear the home menu cache (I think it has that option). It can be located in the titleDB in FBI

Probably should've mentioned I'm on EUR, or is it a region-free apps that's just appearing as USA?

And won't installing it through FBI install it to the SD, not the system? Or is there an option within FBI?

Thanks a bunch by the way, I was strongly considering getting my restoring my NAND from a few days ago just for ARGames.

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the v
Capture.PNG

rathalosMH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remove the v

Thank you, I had downloaded the Dr.hacknick version where that wasn't working. I've installed it and everything appears to be fine

I'm still confused on the topic of it being a system app, with how the godmode9 fork works I would assume installing it this way would break that functionality.

EDIT: And apparently it still wants to appear as NTR so I'll try the other suggestion you mentioned.

EDIT2: "Failed to delete cache file." with an "ERROR 0xc92044e6."

Last edited by rathalosMH,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple