Hacking Reinand stopped working for me, Did I mess up?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to add, OP: Since you need to A9LH or reinstall menuhax, you'll be doing that with a new emunand or sysnand. Please do not forget to use something like JK's Save Manager (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/). Grab your saves so you don't lose them.

I'm being dumb. Wouldn't OP regain full support if he updated ReiNAND to nightlies? It seems they added 11.4 support. Alternatively, can't OP also just switch to Luma (that has 11.4 support) to regain play-ability? (not trying to get OP to switch, just using what supports the firmware) They are still running the "CFW" from a 9.2 environment. Wait, are there ReiNAND nightlies?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm just going to add, OP: Since you need to A9LH or reinstall menuhax, you'll be doing that with a new emunand or sysnand. Please do not forget to use something like JK's Save Manager (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/). Grab your saves so you don't lose them.

I'm being dumb. Wouldn't OP regain full support if he updated ReiNAND to nightlies? It seems they added 11.4 support. Alternatively, can't OP also just switch to Luma (that has 11.4 support) to regain play-ability? (not trying to get OP to switch, just using what supports the firmware) They are still running the "CFW" from a 9.2 environment. Wait, are there ReiNAND nightlies?
I actually sent a PM to the OP for a reason and that's because I need them to test a file I can't post. It hopefully should work for them since it's a file that was personally tested by me and confirmed working.
And the menuHAX/A9LH doesn't require setting up a new emuNAND. MenuHAX is setup on the 9.2 sysNAND, then the CFW is used to access it. A9LH can also use a CFW to access that emuNAND

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually sent a PM to the OP for a reason and that's because I need them to test a file I can't post. It hopefully should work for them since it's a file that was personally tested by me and confirmed working.
And the menuHAX/A9LH doesn't require setting up a new emuNAND. MenuHAX is setup on the 9.2 sysNAND, then the CFW is used to access it. A9LH can also use a CFW to access that emuNAND

I shall leave this in your more than capable hands.

Reactions: The Catboy

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's working perfectly now thanks to Crystal the Glaceon and Reinand has served me well. Thanks again Crystal you were spot on with what I was missing. Thanks so much!

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's working perfectly now thanks to Crystal the Glaceon and Reinand has served me well. Thanks again Crystal you were spot on with what I was missing. Thanks so much!
No problem! ^_^ I knew it had to be one of two things. Either something stupidly complicated or something stupidly simple. I am glad it was the simple one!
OP was missing firmware11.4.bin wasn't he?
Aye, that's what I thought was wrong with it.

D

Deleted User

If you want to use reinand you have to ctr transfer back down to 11.3.If you have a9lh you can do this easily with decrypt9/godmode9.Otherwise switch to luma.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to use reinand you have to ctr transfer back down to 11.3.If you have a9lh you can do this easily with decrypt9/godmode9.Otherwise switch to luma.
Already fixed the problem. Also ReiNAND was updated to support 11.4 shortly after release.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Tyrannus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi, i have the same issue, can i get the file to solve the problem? Thx a lot!

Yves1418

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I also have the file? Having issues with reinand and I need to use the save manager but alas I can't boot it up :/

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Quantumcat

Yves1418

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The file was actually upped to the ReiNAND github
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand
Where it says "data" you can find the firmware.bin that you need for 11.4 support.
Thanks a lot! I tried overwriting the new REinand 5.1 and it still doesn't work, i searched the specific file you just sent and now I can use the save manager and upgrade to bootstrap9! Haven't used my 3ds in years lol

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks a lot! I tried overwriting the new REinand 5.1 and it still doesn't work, i searched the specific file you just sent and now I can use the save manager and upgrade to bootstrap9! Haven't used my 3ds in years lol
ReiNAND currently doesn't support boot9strap. They are working on it now as we speak, but there's been a bit of delay due to the dev not having a 3DS at the moment. So you may need to use an older Luma3DS builds to install boot9strap and wait it out a bit for ReiNAND to get support.

Yves1418

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ReiNAND currently doesn't support boot9strap. They are working on it now as we speak, but there's been a bit of delay due to the dev not having a 3DS at the moment. So you may need to use an older Luma3DS builds to install boot9strap and wait it out a bit for ReiNAND to get support.

I will just go from Sysnand -> bootstrap9 do you think it's alright?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I will just go from Sysnand -> bootstrap9 do you think it's alright?
Just wondering what guide you are using? I don't think there's any other guide, but I want to make sure we are on the same level to really help you.
Still, if you already have A9LH, it would actually be A9LH to boot9strap

Yves1418

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering what guide you are using? I don't think there's any other guide, but I want to make sure we are on the same level to really help you.
Still, if you already have A9LH, it would actually be A9LH to boot9strap
https://3ds.guide/ this is the guide I would be using. I'm not on A9LH i'm only on EmuNand with the purple boot up, last time I used my 3ds was 2015 i guess, so I skipped on the A9LH scene.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://3ds.guide/ this is the guide I would be using. I'm not on A9LH i'm only on EmuNand with the purple boot up, last time I used my 3ds was 2015 i guess, so I skipped on the A9LH scene.
Ok, good. I say that because it makes it easier to really know we are working with.
So where are you on the guide or have you even started it? If you haven't started it, then I suggest reading through it and asking questions on parts you really need cleared up before starting. As well downloading all the files you need in advance.

Yves1418

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, good. I say that because it makes it easier to really know we are working with.
So where are you on the guide or have you even started it? If you haven't started it, then I suggest reading through it and asking questions on parts you really need cleared up before starting. As well downloading all the files you need in advance.
I haven't started yet, should I format my SD card first before doing this? I already backed up the necessary files. I already skimmed through the guide and will report back if ever stumble upon problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, That's Kero Kero Bonito. They made this all time meme.