Hacking ReiNand & Gateway multiboot Mset menu?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i may be asking for a lot but i was wondering if it was possible to have a reinand and gateway Mset launcher in 1 menu?
When gateway came out with the mset for 9.0-2 it finally eliminated the need to carry 2 cartridges. but now Reinand is in my opinion the best CFW even though its a little unstable at times in emunand with the crashing when trying to launch some homebrew or scrolling to far past one, Point being is that both gateway and ReiNand both use a Mset exploit to launch and they both have there strengths and weaknesses. It would be convenient to have one menu to ask to launch ether ReiNand or Gateway.

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Off the top of my head I can't think of any reason it isn't possible except for nobody having done it yet.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Install latest fbi to system nand. It has rop loader built in.
So boot reinand system nand then load fbi press select and choose gateway rop and install. Go to settings and exit. You have to do this cause your still in reinand and by entering settings and exit you reboot to normal system nand. Then load ds profile and that's that. To reverse it simply load system nand gateway by holding b in gateway menu. (Hold L to go into gateway menu). Then load fbi again. But remember to go into settings and exit to clear gateway system nand. Then settings and ds profile.
I use a cubic ninja cia on system nand with the qr code for gateway so I just boot that in reinand system nand to go into gateway that way you don't need to touch rop loader.

Reactions: tatumanu

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's what I'm talking about! No more switching cards! Woo!

Now I can just boot into Reinand on Sysnand, from there boot into cubic ninja and use Gateway if I please, while being able to play GBA games on Sysnand and if anything I can just use FBI to reload ROPs. Love it.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have heard about these rop loader.. i dont know much about them but its something to do with the browser and that reinand has a bunch of options for it.

That's what I'm talking about! No more switching cards! Woo!

Now I can just boot into Reinand on Sysnand, from there boot into cubic ninja and use Gateway if I please, while being able to play GBA games on Sysnand and if anything I can just use FBI to reload ROPs. Love it.

but as a Mset user that is not the optimal way of booting, that would still require 2 cartridges (providing your still loading some backups from your gateway cart like me) that would being going backwards in time, back to using CN instead of Mset.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i have heard about these rop loader.. i dont know much about them but its something to do with the browser and that reinand has a bunch of options for it.

but as a Mset user that is not the optimal way of booting, that would still require 2 cartridges (providing your still loading some backups from your gateway cart like me) that would being going backwards in time, back to using CN instead of Mset.

Nope. I installed CN as a .cia and it works just fine. I don't have to switch cartridges. Sure it's a bit annoying, but I prefer that over having to take out my red card, put in my blue card, reinstall ROP, reboot, rinse and repeat.

A multiboot menu would be optimal, but this is as close as we get for the time being.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

Did you watch my video. I only have gateway card in. The cubic ninja is a cia. You can boot both reinand and gateway. You don't have to change mset or swap rops.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I installed CN as a .cia and it works just fine. I don't have to switch cartridges. Sure it's a bit annoying, but I prefer that over having to take out my red card, put in my blue card, reinstall ROP, reboot, rinse and repeat.

A multiboot menu would be optimal, but this is as close as we get for the time being.
ahh installed CN cool. i see what you did there..

as for me i have a CN cart but using the the old profile exploit with my gateway always in my device,
Did you watch my video. I only have gateway card in. The cubic ninja is a cia. You can boot both reinand and gateway. You don't have to change mset or swap rops.
for all its worth, booting and maneuvering through CN menu is about the same time it takes to switch Msets..
but you know what? NTR has a boot.cia what if that was modded to instead boot into reinand? or vice versa, make a Boot gateway.cia.
but still in the end a multi Mset menu would be best. Will any talented Developers hear my Pleb cry? XD

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have installed the CN CIA with BBM in Reinand and also applied the CN exploit, however whenever I try to get to the Gateway menu my top screen turns pink. Any idea how to fix it?

I think so... Did you install Cubic Ninja to Sysnand? It won't run the exploit on emunand.

code54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think so... Did you install Cubic Ninja to Sysnand? It won't run the exploit on emunand.

Just as I thought. My emunand and sysnand are not coupled actually which is why CN is installed on emunand only. Looks like I have to relink them somehow :))

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just as I thought. My emunand and sysnand are not coupled actually which is why CN is installed on emunand only. Looks like I have to relink them somehow :))

No need. Mine aren't linked either. Just install CN to Sysnand using FBI on Reinand and you're good. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.