Homebrew Magikarp: Custom Splash Screens Thread

Should this thread expand to include other splash screens?

• No, only ReiNand, AuReiNand and basic A9LH

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • No, only ReiNand and AuReiNand splash screens

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • No, only ReiNand

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, only CFW splash screens (Includes RxTools, Cakes, etc.)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Yes, any ReiNand, AuReiNand or A9LH (payload splashes. Doesn't include other CFW splashes)

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Yes, any and all splash screens

Votes: 49 43.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manuelx98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I made a simple one xD enjoy :3
Preview:
TeUI2Kx.png

Attachments

• Splash.rar
    55.8 KB · Views: 287

Sachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Experience the best, experience Windows xpDS
hvvzrf.png

Windows XP Themed Splash to go with the Windows XP Theme and old BIOS-like MenuHax screen.
I think Replacing these might be interesting:
Microsoft > New
Windows > Nintendo
xp >3DS/3DS XL

Just a suggestion though!:ha:

Simple ReiNand boot image I made and have been using.

Not 3D

f5MNAHe.png

If using for Reinand splash put splash.bin into your rei folder.
If using for autoboot from menuhax rename to menuhax_imagedisplay.bin and leave it on the root of your SD card
Reinand images must be 400x240 to display properly. And can you link to your Menuhax post rather than attaching the Menuhax file, thanks!:toot:

Last edited by Sachi,

Sachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are two versions of a Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind splash screen I threw together in GIMP:
nausicaa_reinand1.png nausicaa_reinand2.png

The zip folders contain the image png, the image bin, and the image xcf files.

Attachments

• nausicaa_reinand1.zip
    434 KB · Views: 298
  • nausicaa_reinand2.zip
    425.4 KB · Views: 260

Sachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a specific format for uploading to the site? I resized some images to 400x240 and uploaded them but I get a distorted image in my 3ds
I have only personally used .png files. You could try converting your image to .png

Could you go into detail on how it becomes "distorted"?

caladbolgII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have only personally used .png files. You could try converting your image to .png
Could you go into detail on how it becomes "distorted"?
I also use png files. For example if I used one of the posted Maki splash screens in this thread instead of a full picture I get the color of her clothes in horizontal lines randomly placed in the screen. That is just an example though, the splash screens in this thread are working. Only the images I upload to the site are not working.
12661870_10206067025498012_4935466358773798526_n.jpg

Vladimir15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also use png files. For example if I used one of the posted Maki splash screens in this thread instead of a full picture I get the color of her clothes in horizontal lines randomly placed in the screen. That is just an example though, the splash screens in this thread are working. Only the images I upload to the site are not working.
12661870_10206067025498012_4935466358773798526_n.jpg
Do you have any other. Bin files in the same location, Maybee renamed differently. I had trouble when I added a test background as splash.bin with my boot screem renamed to splashorig.bin in the same folder.

caladbolgII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have any other. Bin files in the same location, Maybee renamed differently. I had trouble when I added a test background as splash.bin with my boot screem renamed to splashorig.bin in the same folder.
I don't. I only have one image. I tried having multiple bin files but using some random splash in this thread and they work flawlessly

Vladimir15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't. I only have one image. I tried having multiple bin files but using some random splash in this thread and they work flawlessly

Ok only other thing I can think of is did you rotate the picture before you uploaded it? Working pics appear rotated 90 degrees on the site, but you dont need to rotate the pitcure before uploading to compensate for this.

edit: also I have.found that with menu hax some png files cant be set as custom backgrounds.. To fix this I opened them in the Gimp picture program and exported them as png again and they work. Maybee it is an issue woth your png file.

Last edited by Vladimir15,

caladbolgII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok only other thing I can think of is did you rotate the picture before you uploaded it? Working pics appear rotated 90 degrees on the site, but you dont need to rotate the pitcure before uploading to compensate for this.

edit: also I have.found that with menu hax some png files cant be set as custom backgrounds.. To fix this I opened them in the Gimp picture program and exported them as png again and they work. Maybee it is an issue woth your png file.
I did not rotate the picture before uploading. I cropped the picture using gimp then exported it since it doesn't fit the 400x240 resolution required. Then I uploaded it to the site and check the 2 boxes for rotating and saving some settings. alpha i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it