• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
It installs and executes, but I don't understand the language, so I can't read the messages. I would not expect it to work properly though, because Nintendo should only be willing to sell you the subscriptions that are available to your console's actual region (which the region-free hacks don't change.)

A lot of games have multiple languages to accommodate for the countries within the region. Depending on your console's settings X language will be chosen that is provided, as you stated, that the game itself has the files for X language.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have everything already but I did it on sysnand and rednand and both worked, checked with systemcofig tool on both. Thanks!

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It installs and executes, but I don't understand the language, so I can't read the messages. I would not expect it to work properly though, because Nintendo should only be willing to sell you the subscriptions that are available to your console's actual region (which the region-free hacks don't change.)

A lot of games have multiple languages to accommodate for the countries within the region. Depending on your console's settings X language will be chosen that is provided, as you stated, that the game itself has the files for X language.

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'll give a try none the less when I get redNAND set up this weekend. Being able to read Japanese is definitely an asset for this game :)

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm wondering how you were able to get a ticket for the game? I tried using FunKiiU to grab it, but nothing would download. If I used JNUSToolMOD, it would download the files, but without a ticket.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering how you were able to get a ticket for the game? I tried using FunKiiU to grab it, but nothing would download. If I used JNUSToolMOD, it would download the files, but without a ticket.
Get the title and key from that title key site, then use funkiiu to generate the ticket:
Code:
py FunKiiU.py -title titleidfromthatsite -key keyfromthatsite -ticketsonly
When you do it that way, it doesn't try to use the title's name as part of the folder name, so it doesn't run into the errors. (Alternatively, there's been a commit to github since the last release that fixes that problem.)

Or you can download it with WiiU USB Helper, which doesn't have a problem with the characters.

Last edited by nexusmtz,
Reactions: karyuudo

Eduardo Ferreira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Wii U is JPN.
I tried to play Zelda Twilight Princess HD (USA) on Sysnand CFW but the game was run in Japanese.
If I do this method, will the game run in English?

*Sorry for bad English.

Last edited by Eduardo Ferreira,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii U is JPN.
I tried to play Zelda Twilight Princess HD (USA) on Sysnand CFW but the game was run in Japanese.
If I do this method, will the game run in English?
No. This method does not change your region setting (and you must not change it.) It changes the list of regions whose titles are allowed to run on your WiiU. Like CFW, this only allows the game to run. What the game does based on your language and region settings is up to the game.

Eduardo Ferreira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No. This method does not change your region setting (and you must not change it.) It changes the list of regions whose titles are allowed to run on your WiiU. Like CFW, this only allows the game to run. What the game does based on your language and region settings is up to the game.
Is there any way to make the game run in English or Spanish?
Does redNAND have the System Config Tool, can I change the language of the console or the game there? I saw that there is a "Language" option under "Platform Region", is this option that changes the language of console or game?

Last edited by Eduardo Ferreira,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make the game run in English or Spanish?
Does redNAND have the System Config Tool, can I change the language of the console or the game there? I saw that there is a "Language" option under "Platform Region", is this option that changes the language of console or game?
The Loadiine compatibility list confirms that the game runs only in Japanese on your console.

Regarding the System Config Tool, I would not change any of those settings unless someone else tells you that it's safe and that it will do what you want. I don't have experience with changing those options.

Reactions: Eduardo Ferreira

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the title and key from that title key site, then use funkiiu to generate the ticket:
Code:
py FunKiiU.py -title titleidfromthatsite -key keyfromthatsite -ticketsonly
When you do it that way, it doesn't try to use the title's name as part of the folder name, so it doesn't run into the errors. (Alternatively, there's been a commit to github since the last release that fixes that problem.)

Or you can download it with WiiU USB Helper, which doesn't have a problem with the characters.

Thanks very much! I ended up grabbing WiiU USB Helper which did the trick.
Reference thread for n00bs like me: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/

Reactions: nexusmtz

TroublesWithModding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so confused.. Where can I get the wupclient.py (from Fix94) and Wupserver with cfwbooter?

Sorry, I'm really new to this. My brother mistakingly bought a botw nstc version for our pal wii u. So Instead of buying a whole new copy, we decided to mod the wii u but I can't seem to figure this out. Please help!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so confused.. Where can I get the wupclient.py (from Fix94) and Wupserver with cfwbooter?

Sorry, I'm really new to this. My brother mistakingly bought a botw nstc version for our pal wii u. So Instead of buying a whole new copy, we decided to mod the wii u but I can't seem to figure this out. Please help!
This hax is dangerous as you are changing system files if you get it wrong you will Brick the wiiu it is also outdated. use a cfw Like mocha as it does not mod any system files like region hax does. All you need to do is download homebrew launcher and download mocha put them on the sd card then insert sd card to wiiu. Switch the wiiu on then goto Internet browser and start it. Goto the website www.loadiine.ovh the site will launch homebrew launcher then you simply select mocha and your wiiu will restart and you are then region free then just load the game. You will need to do this each time you want to play the game but as I said at least you don't need to worry about getting a brick.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hax is dangerous as you are changing system files if you get it wrong you will Brick the wiiu it is also outdated. use a cfw Like mocha as it does not mod any system files like region hax does. All you need to do is download homebrew launcher and download mocha put them on the sd card then insert sd card to wiiu. Switch the wiiu on then goto Internet browser and start it. Goto the website www.loadiine.ovh the site will launch homebrew launcher then you simply select mocha and your wiiu will restart and you are then region free then just load the game. You will need to do this each time you want to play the game but as I said at least you don't need to worry about getting a brick.
Or you have a ds vc title in which case you can coldboot directly into cfw.

mopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello community!

I use an US-version of wii u. I've installed this patch on my sysNAND changed the region value from 2 to 4 (since i live in europe).
The wii u did not brick but a cant use the browser and settings app anymore (software region setting is not compatible). So I can not load the CFW booter from www.loadiine.ovh as well as the WUP installer.

Is it possible to load CFW with WUP installer somehow?

Many thanks in advance

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello community!

I use an US-version of wii u. I've installed this patch on my sysNAND changed the region value from 2 to 4 (since i live in europe).
The wii u did not brick but a cant use the browser and settings app anymore (software region setting is not compatible). So I can not load the CFW booter from www.loadiine.ovh as well as the WUP installer.

Is it possible to load CFW with WUP installer somehow?

Many thanks in advance
You had to change the region to 119 all regions it even tells you this on the first page not to 4 euro as to avoid this issue. You are now stuck as there is zero way to fix this issue. That is why you should have used mocha or haxchi as they both make the wiiu region free and don't fuck up the system like this hax does.

mopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You had to change the region to 119 all regions it even tells you this on the first page not to 4 euro as to avoid this issue. You are now stuck as there is zero way to fix this issue. That is why you should have used mocha or haxchi as they both make the wiiu region free and don't fuck up the system like this hax does.
Hello Marko!
Thanks for quick response. I've set "4" only on the sysNAND. I do still have "119" on my redNAND but i don't have haxchi. Is it possible to access redNAND somehow?

Greets

Ne2buntu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Meh, this hax dont fuck up the system if you know what you're doing....

Hello Marko!
Thanks for quick response. I've set "4" only on the sysNAND. I do still have "119" on my redNAND but i don't have haxchi. Is it possible to access redNAND somehow?

Greets

If you want really set system.xml from 2 to 4 (just change region to another region, not RegionFree), you have to modifiy meta.xml for ALL INSTALLED APPLICATIONS (Mii Maker, Disc Channel, Internet Browser and all others) to your destination Region (for your exemple you should replace region to 4 in meta.xml for all your apps).

I agree this is not for final users, but if you know what you're doing, this can be usefull ;)

To answer you, you can boot your rednand with a CFW who launch WupServer in background, and do the modification (like you did in sysnand) !

mopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

If you want really set system.xml from 2 to 4 (just change region to another region, not RegionFree), you have to modifiy meta.xml for ALL INSTALLED APPLICATIONS (Mii Maker, Disc Channel, Internet Browser and all others) to your destination Region (for your exemple you should replace region to 4 in meta.xml for all your apps).

I agree this is not for final users, but if you know what you're doing, this can be usefull ;)

To answer you, you can boot your rednand with a CFW who launch WupServer in background, and do the modification (like you did in sysnand) !
Hello and thanks for answering. How can i get into CFW without web browser working? Unfortunately, I've not installed haxchi.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Problem with that is he does not have Haxchi and cant load the internet browser so has zero way of booting rednand as he changed the region on sysnand now the browser won't load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: