Hacking Region-freeing DLC/update cias?

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You know how people have been making region free cias of games? Would it be possible to do the same for DLC and updates, so that they work on consoles of a different region? And if so, could you tell me how, or at least provide some guidance?

Thank you!

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure DLC and updates can already work on different region consoles, as long as the game they're for is of the same region as the DLC and/or updates.

Example: A European 3DS can run a US game with region free and the US updates and DLC's for the game in CIA format.

A European 3DS can run a US game with region free but CANNOT use Japanese/EU DLC's and updates for the game.

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure DLC and updates can already work on different region consoles, as long as the game they're for is of the same region as the DLC and/or updates.
Only is you're using GW (or Smealum's region free solutions, I suppose; too bad that they don't work on 9.8 emuNAND), I believe. None of the (so called) CFW available have region free AFAIK.

Last edited by Blueie,

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only is you're using GW (or Smealum's region free solutions, I suppose; too bad that they don't work on 9.8 emuNAND), I believe. None of the (so called) CFW available have region free AFAIK.
No, I'm pretty sure you can on any, as long as the game CIA is of the same region as the DLC/Update CIA, I may be wrong but I'm almost certain I've done it on CFW before.

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, I'm pretty sure you can on any, as long as the game CIA is of the same region as the DLC/Update CIA, I may be wrong but I'm almost certain I've done it on CFW before.
I've tried it myself and the game refused to recognize the DLC/update no matter what I did. When I ran the same emuNAND and game with GW, it detected it without issues.

Edit: Maybe the DLC/update cia you installed was region free?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.