Hacking Region free on 11.0

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

I've got New 3DS with 11.0 and USA version of Pokemon X. Is there anything to install on console which can remove region of my EU console so I can play Pokemon X on it? I know for app which can be loaded over browser hax, but process is way to long. I want some short way to do it. Anything?

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If i remember good I need to launch homebrew (browserhax for example) first to launch hans. Right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

X Y region free? I will try it, but i dont think so.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
If i remember good I need to launch homebrew (browserhax for example) first to launch hans. Right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

X Y region free? I will try it, but i dont think so.

You should install MenuHax to take less time having to use browserhaxx, iirc its been updated to work with 11 FIRM.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Little off topic, but I thought pokemon X/Y were region free by default. Is that not the case?
while the actual game is region free, the presence of the E/U/J system update on each respective cart acts as a secondary region lock.....so its not region free, but the actual game data is exactly the same on all region including having the region free flag set on the icon file, which is why pokemon games are the only retail carts that will show up on any region when inserted (but thrown an error when you try to launch the game), while other games will never show up at all if the cart isn't for the same region as the console

oh btw if one system is EU and one is US you cannot do a system transfer to do the DSi hax downgrade anyway

Last edited by gamesquest1,

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys. I have a sister who is moving to the USA in 6-12 months from Europe. Me, my brother and our youngest sister want to get her a 3DS so we can play together for the remaining months she's still here... while she can also use the system in the US to play those games. We're considering importing a US system, but chances are the extra costs will end up being insanely high (basically, it could cost us up to 350 Euros, if not more), unless we happen to be very lucky.

So I'm considering to get her a PAL N3DS XL and removing the region lock. It's not like Nintendo will release anymore significant updates for the system anyway, so she wouldn't be missing out on important updates. Anyway, I can't really find a good way to remove the region lock for later firmware... I'm assuming a new system will come with 11.0.0 firmware or at least after 10.0. Cubic Ninja wouldn't work unless I'd downgrade and I imagine the game's very expensive to get. So is there a way to remove the region lock without that game? Ideally, she'd just insert a game card of any region and would then be able to just play it like a regular 3DS game... but if some external homebrew program is required, it's fine as well.

I can manage to install that menuhax thing and possibly that browserhax thing if it's required, but I'm a little lost in what else I'd need to do to remove the region lock.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys. I have a sister who is moving to the USA in 6-12 months from Europe. Me, my brother and our youngest sister want to get her a 3DS so we can play together for the remaining months she's still here... while she can also use the system in the US to play those games. We're considering importing a US system, but chances are the extra costs will end up being insanely high (basically, it could cost us up to 350 Euros, if not more), unless we happen to be very lucky.

So I'm considering to get her a PAL N3DS XL and removing the region lock. It's not like Nintendo will release anymore significant updates for the system anyway, so she wouldn't be missing out on important updates. Anyway, I can't really find a good way to remove the region lock for later firmware... I'm assuming a new system will come with 11.0.0 firmware or at least after 10.0. Cubic Ninja wouldn't work unless I'd downgrade and I imagine the game's very expensive to get. So is there a way to remove the region lock without that game? Ideally, she'd just insert a game card of any region and would then be able to just play it like a regular 3DS game... but if some external homebrew program is required, it's fine as well.

I can manage to install that menuhax thing and possibly that browserhax thing if it's required, but I'm a little lost in what else I'd need to do to remove the region lock.

If it comes on 11.0 you can install menuhax to auto boot the homebrew launcher and then use hans (for example, any other region free program would work too) on the inserted cartridge.

If it comes below 11.0 you can hack it, install a9lh and not having to worry about anything. Luma3ds will launch everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep: