Hacking Region Free Drivechip for Wii U Under Development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Official story here:

http://wiiuhax.com/wii-u-region-free-drivechip-development-free/

I originally announced this in the following thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-78

But I'm redirecting the conversation to this specific thread to prevent it from getting any more cluttered than it already is :P. I appreciate all the work that's being done by all the others, but feel like I should give that thread some more breathing room to make it less confusing for random people jumping in to the conversation.

Questions? Comments? Flames? (just kidding about that last part, but I know somebody's going to charm us with some negativity so why not joke about it :P)
Can't really see the point of it, but sure if you want the west to be able to play those um... "weird" Japanese games go ahead....
Anyhow good luck I'm sure there are some crazy people around here who enjoy the Japanese language :)

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was simply stating my perspective on this. Just that im bringing a different perspective to the table.

Even if i dont succeed at least im trying.

As for needing keys to resign etc, its not necessary for the approach im taking. The data will be decrypted already when i intercept it and when the program inhects the proper response, it will be resigned automatically before it hits the wii u automatically. The hardware does that already without any modifications. The region info and other security info maybe encrypted on the disc, but for the drive to be able to interprept it, it needs to be decrypted and translated on-the-fly to machine language. To pass through the rest of the checks in the espresso etc it gets resigned before it even gets that far.

The console does that work for me. If i were trying to modify isos (which im not) then all the private keys like the title key, common key etc would be necessaryn but if the console is doing all that for me then theres no need for those keys.

As for updates, i know that there will be conflicts. The first release of the chip is only going to bypass region protection as a proof of concept. Eventually id love to add update blocking, but one step at a time

D

Deletedmember331810

I was simply stating my perspective on this. Just that im bringing a different perspective to the table.

Even if i dont succeed at least im trying.

As for needing keys to resign etc, its not necessary for the approach im taking. The data will be decrypted already when i intercept it and when the program inhects the proper response, it will be resigned automatically before it hits the wii u automatically. The hardware does that already without any modifications. The region info and other security info maybe encrypted on the disc, but for the drive to be able to interprept it, it needs to be decrypted and translated on-the-fly to machine language. To pass through the rest of the checks in the espresso etc it gets resigned before it even gets that far.

The console does that work for me. If i were trying to modify isos (which im not) then all the private keys like the title key, common key etc would be necessaryn but if the console is doing all that for me then theres no need for those keys.

As marcan stated, you just don't get it.

Have fun being the ass-end of everyone's jokes from now on. You have no credibility, especially now after being associated with Gregory...

Looks as though Ray has officially passed on his crown, LOL.

Reactions: WulfyStylez

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As marcan stated, you just don't get it.

Have fun being the ass-end of everyone's jokes from now on. You have no credibility, especially now after being associated with Gregory...

Looks as though Ray has officially passed on his crown, LOL.

Good job "coding" those custom channels with a gui. Hows that going XD

drmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if i dont succeed at least im trying

But ... you're not. You're talking about trying. Furthermore, you're talking about trying to hack a machine that, in the form you describe, only exists in your mind because you didn't even look at what you are trying to do yet. You make up a console, and you make up a hack for that console, both without any relation to reality. It doesn't even matter what this console is called, your approach works just as well for the PS4 and the Xbox One. Also, for cars and lawnmowers.

The data will be decrypted already when i intercept it and when the program inhects the proper response, it will be resigned automatically before it hits the wii u automatically.
And of course that happens because you say it happens. So an integral part of your modchip will be "wishing really, really hard".

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But ... you're not. You're talking about trying. Furthermore, you're talking about trying to hack a machine that, in the form you describe, only exists in your mind because you didn't even look at what you are trying to do yet. You make up a console, and you make up a hack for that console, both without any relation to reality. It doesn't even matter what this console is called, your approach works just as well for the PS4 and the Xbox One. Also, for cars and lawnmowers.

And of course that happens because you say it happens. So an integral part of your modchip will be "wishing really, really hard".
Im wishing absolutely nothing. Do your homework. Have you any idea how microcontrollers even work? Ive been studying electronics since my sophomore year in high school (currently 27).

Microcontrollers understand 1s and 0s only. When you write a program for a microcontroller (regardless of the language its written in) is converted to machine language (binary) when the device gets flashed. Its not a guess, it simple fact.

Therefore its impossible for the data passing through the microcontrollers on the drives pcb to be encrypted while its running.

If it were encrypted or in another programming laguage even, nothing would work. Nintendo would be shipping really high priced paperweights not functioning game consoles.

Clearly, the data gets reencrypted at some point or it would fail as soon as it hits the arm or ppc.

As for talking about trying? Im sorry that its finals week for me right now. Maybe i should drop out right now and just dedicate my entire life to this region free chip

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
great now we just need some modders for translation hacks and i'm in (the japanese or chinese for that matter are not my best lanuages) but it's great cause a lot of great games were never released outside japan or china. see for example super bomberman 5 snes. and though it should be quite possible it's not translated yet :cry:

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies
D

Deletedmember331810

Good job "coding" those custom channels with a gui. Hows that going XD

I did that as a favor to Joostin and Carver. Mostly to Joostin to test his wii to vwii wad program at the time that hadn't been released yet and he wanted something to put his new logo on as well. They were not even anything that was released. They were POC's for Joostin, you fool (and tool.)

I was not bragging by any means, I was just showing everyone here on the forum that I accomplished more in making those channels than all of the nonsensical BS that spews from your fingertips. You can't call yourself a developer, you can't call yourself a hacker, you are just someone who, for some reason, even in the face of factual evidence, cannot accept the fact that he has no idea what he is doing, meaning you. You are as clueless as they come, a spreader of lies and misinformation and you have less credibility than the dookie on my snow boots.

Face it guy, you are just taking up oxygen and people's precious time.

You can't code, you can't engineer, you can't take a hint when people with knowledge are literally, to your face, telling you why everything you are saying is bullshit. I am so glad no one donated any money to you a few months ago when you said you were trying to do something with Trinux.

I cannot believe that you have not been banned yet. Quite ridiculous that you are still here, to be honest.

EDIT:
BAHAHAHAHA, you just insulted drmr, wow. That guy has more knowledge in his left testicle than you have in your entire body. Craziness...

drmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im wishing absolutely nothing.
You wish the console works as you describe it. Which it doesn't. Sorry.

And yet I somehow envy you. Discovering how things really work will be such a rush. You'll look at the basic assumptions you made in here, laugh, and shake your head.

However, until then: Have at it. Build the thing you are talking about. Hook it up to what you think it should be hooked up to. Try. Fail. Try again. But please, please, stop yapping like you already did and it already works.

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that as a favor to Joostin and Carver. Mostly to Joostin to test his wii to vwii wad program at the time that hadn't been released yet and he wanted something to put his new logo on as well. They were not even anything that was released. They were POC's for Joostin, you fool (and tool.)

I was not bragging by any means, I was just showing everyone here on the forum that I accomplished more in making those channels than all of the nonsensical BS that spews from your fingertips. You can't call yourself a developer, you can't call yourself a hacker, you are just someone who, for some reason, even in the face of factual evidence, cannot accept the fact that he has no idea what he is doing, meaning you. You are as clueless as they come, a spreader of lies and misinformation and you have less credibility than the dookie on my snow boots.

Face it guy, you are just taking up oxygen and people's precious time.

You can't code, you can't engineer, you can't take a hint when people with knowledge are literally, to your face, telling you why everything you are saying is bullshit. I am so glad no one donated any money to you a few months ago when you said you were trying to do something with Trinux.

I cannot believe that you have not been banned yet. Quite ridiculous that you are still here, to be honest.

EDIT:
BAHAHAHAHA, you just insulted drmr, wow. That guy has more knowledge in his left testicle than you have in your entire body. Craziness...

Insult? No, i simply replied to what he said.

As for engineering, what do you know about that?Elaborate... Please....

Im developing this for the good of the scene. Im doing it because i want to do it. Clearly you dont appreciate it, thats fine, but if thats the case, you really dont belong in this thread

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wish the console works as you describe it. Which it doesn't. Sorry.

And yet I somehow envy you. Discovering how things really work will be such a rush. You'll look at the basic assumptions you made in here, laugh, and shake your head.

However, until then: Have at it. Build the thing you are talking about. Hook it up to what you think it should be hooked up to. Try. Fail. Try again. But please, please, stop yapping like you already did and it already works.

When did i ever say that i pulled it off? XD. Its a work in progress, which i clearly stated

Also, how it works is logic. Do some research on how microcontrollers work and then we'll talk

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
great now we just need some modders for translation hacks and i'm in (the japanese or chinese for that matter are not my best lanuages) but it's great cause a lot of great games were never released outside japan or china. see for example super bomberman 5 snes. and though it should be quite possible it's not translated yet :cry:
If there really were, don't you think you could've come up with a title from the wiiu? I already mentioned Dragon quest X and metroid hunter frontier, but I doubt anything else has any fanbase whatsoever.

TeamScriptKiddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in the process of getting all the necessary parts and as i stated before, its finals week for me right now. Im out for a month after this friday. Expect proof of progress soon.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while picking a favorite part of the announcement wasnt easy, i will say that i kept coming back to this:

Fixing To Get Ready To Start Beginning Somehing said:
Just be aware that this project is now out in the open and I expect Nintendo to get crackin’ on developing new hardware revisions quickly. So if you don’t already own a Wii U .../snip/...pick one up NOW, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

new
hardware
revisions

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My, people sure are asshurt and love to use unsubstantiated bullshitting argumentum ad hominem attacks against the OP. Keep it up, GBA Temp, you're doing a bang up job. What the actual hell is wrong with you hate-mongering punks? We get it, you don't like certain people, whatever, but for the love of all that is holy, grow the hell up already. Now I know why I blocked some of you. Go do your pissing contest elsewhere please :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it was fun to read for the short time this thread was open.
it was the new entertainment this forum missed for few weeks, and you managed to make Marcan, drmr and crediar to post (and/or troll you) quite quickly.

Everyone is mocking and insulting you, so this will not end well and will go nowhere.
I'm surprised it had only 4 pages and didn't already end more badly, I guess not a lot of users seen it.

Why people feel the need to show off without proof of concept?
You (as users in general, for future threads like this one) should only create threads for already started and existing projects, that you can release and show to others.
Announcing something you can't even know if realizable will only end the same way : closed thread to prevent insult and trolls (and believers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)