Hardware Region Changing Possible? (New 3DS)

jebug29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a New 3DS; the only issue is, I'm an American. And contrary to popular belief, I don't like everything I have to be mega-sized. I don't like the size of the 3DS XL (I own one), and I'd rather just get the regular sized New 3DS. But, since it's not available in America, the only three real options I have are 1) suck it up and get an XL, 2) get one from Europe or Australia and import every single game I want to play, or 3) just forget it and don't upgrade.

Now, to my understanding, the region lock for Nintendo's systems exists within the system firmware. Is it not theoretically possible to change the 3DS' internet settings to a proxy and make it so that when the 3DS goes to download the system firmware through the settings that it redirects and gets the US version of the firmware? Or would there be some sort of issue with how the file is signed?

I'm hoping Nintendo will release the New 3DS in the US sometime within the next few months, but I kind of doubt it. Anyway, that is all for now. Thanks!
-jebug29

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wsg boys