Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With how easy this game seems to be to hack I'm hoping we can do a complete overhual on it.
Put peach in as a playable character, make new power ups like a lighting fireball, make staggering huge levels, put yoshi in ALL levels, change all the graphics into classic pixelated SMB style.
Plenty of things to do to make the game alot better.

Once the editors are done and we have file replacing methods VIA SD card all sorted out (like the SSBB texture hacks or better), I'd be willing to make a full complete level pack with as much changes as possible via otherhacks and graphics to boot.
Would have to dig for music. I'm assuming we might be able to import Midi files. http://www.vgmusic.com/ should have us covered on that if importing midi's becomes possible.

I certainly hope some hacking talent will be interested enough to make some power up modifications.
IE: fireball into electric ball like that old SMB NES hack.

Can't wait to see what the community ends up doing. :3

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just say right now that IPS patches will not be used at all. It's a waste of time and energy. SO. Enough talk on that guys...
frown.gif

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as texture hacks, I'll settle for one of the toads getting converted into classic Toad.

Wario wouldn't be possible but you should technically be able to swap in Peach's model (or maybe turn her into daisy so it wouldn't be like she was rescuing herself). The problem would probably be with the copter/penguin power-ups since I think those use different models?

Hell, if that's possible we might as well swap everything and have the Koopa Kids off to rescue Bowser XD

Music replacement would be sweet too.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow looking at the previous thread they sure were asses about it......

On another note will we be able to change the background image, maybe use our own? I understand the music isn't ingame but maybe we can change that too?

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
@Treeki: What would happen if you added a block with a Mega Mushroom using the item ID from the DS????
I would assume nothing or at most a glitch because the 3D models for large characters won't be on the disc.

PsychoSk8r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I must say I'm looking forward to this editor massively, as it'll give me and the missus more reason to play the game, since we've nearly completed with all stars. =P
Great work.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
jceggbert5 said:
@Treeki: What would happen if you added a block with a Mega Mushroom using the item ID from the DS????
Object and sprite IDs aren't the same. In fact, sprites (including their associated data) are almost all different - NSMBWii's similarity only goes as far as the basic level file structure.

It reuses a lot of concepts from NSMB DS's system, but it's not exactly the same and levels/objects can't be transferred 1:1 between games.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:
Object and sprite IDs aren't the same. In fact, sprites (including their associated data) are almost all different - NSMBWii's similarity only goes as far as the basic level file structure.

It reuses a lot of concepts from NSMB DS's system, but it's not exactly the same and levels/objects can't be transferred 1:1 between games.

Will the overworld be editable?

And, how's the progress with entrance values?
tongue.gif

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
skawo96 said:
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:

Will the overworld be editable?

And, how's the progress with entrance values?
tongue.gif
The overworld won't be editable for now, not sure about future releases.

Entrances are almost done, I'm working on figuring out the various types and such.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:

OK, thanks. I am nowhere near technical to the level alot of people are around here are in this kind of thing, I was just wondering. When it was said that the DS level editor saw the level structure, I thought it was more like the DS...

With Reggie!, is it possible to add/delete objects from the level? or is it like the DS where only the same number can be used? Also, can we edit the size of the spinning ground objects? (the things in 1-1)

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
jceggbert5 said:
With Reggie!, is it possible to add/delete objects from the level? or is it like the DS where only the same number can be used? Also, can we edit the size of the spinning ground objects? (the things in 1-1)
You can add/remove both objects and sprites. (It's also possible in the DS version - it was a limit in the old editor. NSMB Editor 4 for the DS can add/remove them and edit many other things.)

I haven't looked into editing the rolling hills and their settings yet, but it should be doable.

LaZiR01

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to port the NSMB-DS Level Editor to the DS while the NSMB-Wii Editor isn't available in SVN :-)

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
with this editor will i be able to add any enemies to any of the levels? say a bunch of ghosts in level 1-1? and put tubes and blocks and shit everywhere? if so this is a freakig dream come true. i have always wanted to make my own mario levels. if you make this happen you are my hero!

also what is the secret you speak of?! i have to know, i am more excited for this editor than i was for the game itself.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
JJBro1 said:
can't we play these on the wii using ocarina or something?
Highly unlikely that you'll see an Ocarina Code for exchanging Levels. There's no SD Call in NSMB, but there was one in Brawl, which made the replacements possible there. The only thing that would be possible (as far as I know) is TranslatIOS, but it isn't finished yet...

I would say just wait for the Editor, and when he's here, there will be a way for that...
wink.gif

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Motherbrainsbrain said:
with this editor will i be able to add any enemies to any of the levels? say a bunch of ghosts in level 1-1? and put tubes and blocks and shit everywhere? if so this is a freakig dream come true. i have always wanted to make my own mario levels. if you make this happen you are my hero!
Yes. NSMBWii is -the- most flexible Mario game for hacking yet - there are barely any limitations. I've just added support for putting any enemy/sprite into any level and given test version 3 to testers.

I took this screenshot as proof: http://i48.tinypic.com/w03teb.jpg

QUOTE(Motherbrainsbrain @ Nov 17 2009, 08:46 PM) also what is the secret you speak of?! i have to know, i am more excited for this editor than i was for the game itself.
If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret would it?
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.