Reggie Fils-Aime claims that Nintendo will have a "big" E3 this year

KmDyD4j.png

In a video interview with Fox News, Nintendo of America's CEO, Reggie Fils-Aime spoke about how Nintendo is innovating the game market, with the Switch, and recently released Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. "I think anyone who says they know where this industry is going is really not knowledgeable about the industry, given that at its heart, it's all about innovation and creativity," said Fils-Aime. At the end of the video, Reggie claims that Nintendo will "have a big E3 this year." and that they will be "showcasing a variety of games, as well as having surprises planned" for the event. Lastly, he says that E3 will be a major opportunity to show what Nintendo has in store for not only the Switch, but for the 3DS as well.

:arrow: Source

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i do strongly believe that a default controller should be the basic type.

firstly you are not limiting your games to be only based around that, plus no matter what gimmick nintendo claim, when you play the game its nothing different to what can be done with the simple press of a button.

i think nintendo have failed big time with using the joycons to replace a default controller, the controller losses sync and i have no idea why nintendo didnt think of using better hardware, i mean take any other console controller and see how far you can go until your controller looses connection..... because for me with the joycons i cant even sit back in my couch (which is only feet away from the console) without loosing connection and link goes running off a cliff to his death.
the diference is the joycons can be a regular controller on the grip or a move controller so you wont have to buy a psmove for instance and can be 2 controller for games with simple mechanics like mario kart, mario partys and so on.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the diference is the joycons can be a regular controller on the grip or a move controller so you wont have to buy a psmove for instance and can be 2 controller for games with simple mechanics like mario kart, mario partys and so on.

but the difference is, the controller does not work that well, if used as a normal controller it has a very short range and looses connection...... innovation!

if you use it as individual controllers for multiplayer the design is shit for large hands and if your lumped with the right joy cont its hard to use if your right handed, now what if you and your mate are both right handed...... innovation!

i recall one user defending the shit joycons and saying its ok you should buy the pro controller which fixes these issues..... erm NO!, nintendo should design its shit better so it works.

its actually a piss take that some of the very basic things nintendo cant get right, how the fuck is that innovation?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
but the difference is, the controller does not work that well, if used as a normal controller it has a very short range and looses connection...... innovation!

if you use it as individual controllers for multiplayer the design is shit for large hands and if your lumped with the right joy cont its hard to use if your right handed, now what if you and your mate are both right handed...... innovation!

i recall one user defending the shit joycons and saying its ok you should buy the pro controller which fixes these issues..... erm NO!, nintendo should design its shit better so it works.

its actually a piss take that some of the very basic things nintendo cant get right, how the fuck is that innovation?
i dont have any desync issue when using the joy con grip to play botw at all, maybe you are just unlucky.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have any desync issue when using the joy con grip to play botw at all, maybe you are just unlucky.

so if you move say to the exit of your room the controllers stay connected?

i cant be more than 5 feet from the dock and i know i am not the only one, so here proves the cheapness and no matter what you think you cant sit there thinking out of all the units nintendo had, not once did they notice it.

nintendo are known to fuck it off and deal with it later, thats another bonus to them because theyd make more money selling revised models fixing shit it should have fixed before launching.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i cant be more than 5 feet from the dock and i know i am not the only one, so here proves the cheapness and no matter what you think you cant sit there thinking out of all the units nintendo had, not once did they notice it.

nintendo are known to fuck it off and deal with it later, thats another bonus to them because theyd make more money selling revised models fixing shit it should have fixed before launching.
Send your joycons into nintendo, the issue is fixed in all new models and they'll fix the "old" models for free

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giving a gamer that option to play said game rather than be forced to not having it, is a better.
The modern Nintendo hates options. Just for example, look at what it took to make them give up on that region lock crap.
Also Nintendo systems are always a lackluster in basic extra features that others usually have since day one, even with the Wii U, that should have made updating and adding extra features to the system easier, their support and effort on the console where basically 0. Even the old weak 3DS got Themes and the Wii U didn't, stuck forever on that boring white menu.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send your joycons into nintendo, the issue is fixed in all new models and they'll fix the "old" models for free
I have been in touch with nintendont and no luck so far, one advisor even claimed i should return them to the point of purchase which is of no use.

returning them to the place i purchased them means i would have to return the full console and it wouldnt resolve the problem because theyll have the same batch.

i think if this was any other product everyone would be kicking off and nintendo would be forced a product recall and fix all the fucking fuckups they knew about before launch but didnt care, theyd rather release a fucked up system to get money then worry about the fuckups later.

and here we have already a revision of the console parts which i stated way before they did it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wooooaaah woah woah, don't twist words, they said they wouldn't host a large press conference. They'll most likely do a Treehouse live event like the last few years
I can't predict the future but "big e3" and "treehouse" are so very far from synonymous, in fact "treehouse" would probably not be partially defined as "enjoyable use of one hour if you a huge Nintendo fanboy" these days.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I had some troubles, but it was because I had the dock behind the TV.

Why do you do want to do that? You want to keep playing from the bathroom? Haha

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
treehouse is so tedious really i hate it, becuase they dont show stuff in a row i dont want to hear 1 hour about the same demo and then another hour off some other demo, a presentation on like 30 mins to 1 hour we see everything we need to see not just 1 game.

D

Deleted User

>Fox Gamer

I didn't even know it existed prior, tbh.
On a related note, it looks like Nintendo has some YUGE plans for the Switch. Hopefully they'll announce some new Switch games, or just elaborate on previously announced ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Blurp.