Hardware Refurbished 3ds xl from Nintendo

Ryan Warren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to decide which system to get and where. Would Nintendo have their refurbished systems on the latest firmware? Is there any real noticeable difference between n3ds and o3ds or reasons I should pick one over the other? Is cfw different for the 2?
I searched the forums and couldn't find any specific answers so if there is one just post the link and close the thread.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to decide which system to get and where. Would Nintendo have their refurbished systems on the latest firmware? Is there any real noticeable difference between n3ds and o3ds or reasons I should pick one over the other? Is cfw different for the 2?
I searched the forums and couldn't find any specific answers so if there is one just post the link and close the thread.
It is most likely to be latest if it is you can have it modded internally by doing a hardmod and downgrade.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If they are over 10.3 than no but downgrading will always be risky. There is not too much of a diffrence apart from a few exclusives, amiibo support and having more powerful specs. I would use RXtools for OLD3DS and and Reinand for NEW3DS.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are over 10.3 than no but downgrading will always be risky. There is not too much of a diffrence apart from a few exclusives, amiibo support and having more powerful specs. I would use RXtools for OLD3DS and and Reinand for NEW3DS.
There is a dg method for those above 10.3. It's very risky and requires a hard mod to dg the native form of 10.4/5 to 10.2/3

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ryan Warren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so if I buy from somewhere other than Nintendo I could get something with <10.3 and I wouldn't have to worry about hardmod. I just liked the one year warranty that comes with the Nintendo one and I could get whatever design they have available.
Thanks Aqib.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so if I buy from somewhere other than Nintendo I could get something with <10.3 and I wouldn't have to worry about hardmod. I just liked the one year warranty that comes with the Nintendo one and I could get whatever design they have available.
Thanks Aqib.
All New in Box 3DS's (excluding the N3DS) will be below 9.2 besides the yokai watch bundle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over