Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
screenshot2.png

While still highly considered a proof-of-concept, PlanetVB forum member Danielps has released source code for a Red Dragon 3DS Virtual Boy emulator. Guy Perfect, the person behind the coveted VB Sacred Tech Scrolls, has shown interest in making a VB EMU for the 3DS as well. Thanks to Smealum's release, we may see an optimized VB emulator on the 3DS one day soon.

:arrow: Red Dragon 3DS Source Code
:arrow: Guy Perfect's ARMulation
:arrow: Source

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this in the right section? i saw VB emulator, but no 3ds icon , i thought it might be for 3ds but i wasnt sure till came in here,

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have never played a virtual boy, hell I've never viewed the console in real life. Can't wait to use this emulator on the 3DS when it's in a playable state. Nice work!

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got it compiled and 'working', though it doesn't work too far. Opens, shows this, then freezes.
203ee0c421.jpg
On the plus side, at least got installed as a .cia with a funky banner I made
8b70c1e7af.jpg

Did you copy the contents of a ROM into a byte pointer called vbrom_bin in a file called vbrom_bin.h? It should also contain vbrom_bin_size as the size of that array as an unsigned int. NOFS is currently defined by default in main.h, the comment next to it says that reading files from the SD card is currently broken so they have to be included this way.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you copy the contents of a ROM into a byte pointer called vbrom_bin in a file called vbrom_bin.h? It should also contain vbrom_bin_size as the size of that array as an unsigned int. NOFS is currently defined by default in main.h, the comment next to it says that reading files from the SD card is currently broken so they have to be included this way.
I hadn't done any of that, no, there wasn't any mention of it in any readme and I neglected to check the code for comments, I just assumed even if it didn't load a game it'd run in some capacity. Any chance you'd mind describing the steps you mentioned in a more noob-friendly way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over