Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018

logo.jpg

In news that will shock no-one, Rockstar Games have today announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 - previously scheduled for release this year; will now slip to Spring 2018.

A slew of new screenshots have been released to tide over those hungry for news on the anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed open-world Western game released back in 2010. Check them out below...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2 is now set to launch Spring 2018 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This outlaw epic set across the vast and unforgiving American heartland will be the first Rockstar game created from the ground up for the latest generation of console hardware, and some extra time is necessary to ensure that we can deliver the best experience possible for our fans.

We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready. We are really excited to bring you more details about the game this summer. In the meantime, please enjoy this selection of new screenshots from the world of Red Dead Redemption 2.

:arrow: Source

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
That train bridge picture looks like the part from BttF3, i wonder if there is some form of meaning to the time travel aspect from the GtaV easter eggs referring to this and some how the games are connected in some way from the history behind it all.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

In Rockstar I trust so they can delay it as long as needed. Square Enix is taking forever to develop Kingdom Hearts 3 and hopefully that turns out as it should. ^_^

I'm still annoyed at Sony for cancelling The Getaway 3 and never reviving it ever again. Guess MotorStorm is a goner too. :(

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't honestly say that the first one was a bad game, but it dragged on too long for me, I wish it was over just before crossing Rio Grande (which is half the game). Hope this one finds a way to be fun all the way, like GTA 5 was.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still haven't played Red Dead Redemption 1 :P
Really should get around to it, tho, becoz it seems like one of those titular titles that everyone should play eventually. Might be time to blow the dust off the ol' 360

It's western GTA with somehow an even worse story than Rockstar usually craps out.

I mean it's kind of fun for a few hours but. Don't expect much.

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
The first game was extremly boring, so i hope that this will be more intresting .. The lack of First person view was disgusting, I can hardly play anything in third person, its annoying as hell and hurts immersion.

Crossing my fingers we all get First person view this time

Last edited by Most-Wanted,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The first game was extremly boring, so i hope that this will be more intresting .. The lack of First person view was disgusting, I can hardly play anything in third person, its annoying as hell and hurts immersion.

I get that westerners aren't for everyone but I loved Red Dead Redemption to the fullest and playing online was pretty funny, either by working together or killing my own companions. xD

Haven't actually gotten around to play Red Dead Revolver (the original RDR) yet because the game has really bad seizures on the 360 and ain't too bothered to unpack the Crystal Xbox to play it.

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hope they decide to released it on PC too. Maybe not on launch but later. Like GTA V.
I loved RDR 1. Don't wanna waste +300 bucks on a xbone or playsi4 tho.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
At this point, games are looking more and more like CGI than games. Or in other words, they're f***ing amazing in terms of graphics. I have never seen such a level of detail, ever. Besides games like Doom 2016, GTA V, etc. This game looks amazing, and I'd honestly pick it up for PC, if it ever gets a port.

EDIT:

Cough forgot about Star-Wars: Battlefront Cough

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

farmin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
10 bucks lost then because Rockstar knows how to develop for PC lol
Those wing-wangs are still mine bud, I meant for console.
Also not true, GTAIV was horrible on PC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How in the world can you be against third person games?
That's a crazy amount of incredible games you'll never play.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delay is always delay. Nothing change. I think they put troll face on their face that is not actually release in time because delay.

Hey, where is my Toy Story meme go?
There it is!

7v3ycysvgsdt106zg.jpg

7r7lb.jpg

Last edited by bradzx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins