ROM Hack [Recruiting] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have no plans on doing a patch for MHXX out of multiple reasons. Just a few:
  • i want to keep my focus on Stories.
  • a localization might follow shortly anyway
  • using original script from mh generations is trouble (copyright)
  • i don't want to do a half assed patch
things might change, but right now i'm not in favor of doing one.
Oh well, was worth a try.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame that you guys are sticking to stories when XX would land a much wider following, but hey, what can you do huh

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with Stories. MHXX is yet another Monster Hunter, one that is likely (though not guaranteed) to get a world wide localisation. The 3DS already has 3 of this style released world-wide, with only one (MH4) that wasn't localized so far. Stories is exactly the type of spinoff that stays in Japan. Plus, Stories is more narrative driven, so this project is even more neccesary for the game's non-japanese-literate enjoyment.

Last edited by Kingwad,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
As some others have said I think its best to stick with Stories if MHXX would take time from it, MHXX is likely to get localized and as nice as it would be to be playing when the Japan release hits that shouldn't take priority over Stories which has a slim chance of coming out, outside of Japan, from my understanding it didn't sell great? shame since its a solid game.

I don't think any MH Spin-off title has made it out of Japan?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with Stories. MHXX is yet another Monster Hunter, one that is likely (though not guaranteed) to get a world wide localisation. The 3DS already has 3 of this style released world-wide, with only one (MH4) that wasn't localized so far. Stories is exactly the type of spinoff that stays in Japan. Plus, Stories is more narrative driven, so this project is even more neccesary for the game's non-japanese-literate enjoyment.

I would have to disagree, Nintendo has only released amiibos for games that have Western releases. MH Stories has 6 different MH Stories amiibos and a diorama, it's hard to believe that this will be the exception.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
I would have to disagree, Nintendo has only released amiibos for games that have Western releases. MH Stories has 6 different MH Stories amiibos and a diorama, it's hard to believe that this will be the exception.

Patterns can be broken you know?

I don't think "But we have amiibos" is a valid argument in a business meeting where they decide if they spend money to localize a game.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Patterns can be broken you know?

I don't think "But we have amiibos" is a valid argument in a business meeting where they decide if they spend money to localize a game.
That's the issue isn't it? We thought MHX was a pattern breaker like Portable 3rd but instead it's just like 3G/4G with a planned G rank game. Similarly, there has never been an Amiibo where the game wasn't localized.
Capcom already has the game made, it would be a waste not to localize it. The fact that MH Stories didn't sell as well as the main games is expected as a spinoff.

Then again, Capcom is just weird.

Mandikiri

Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame that you guys are sticking to stories when XX would land a much wider following, but hey, what can you do huh

Instead of feeling like you're entitled to get what you want. Don't you think you should at least be thanking TC and his team for taking the time on doing something for FREE?

I been reading this topic and it baffles me when I see posters such as yourself feeling shamed for TC doing translating this over x game.

Be thankful not demanding.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of feeling like you're entitled to get what you want. Don't you think you should at least be thanking TC and his team for taking the time on doing something for FREE?

I been reading this topic and it baffles me when I see posters such as yourself feeling shamed for TC doing translating this over x game.

Be thankful not demanding.

I can read japanese so neither of the patches affect me personally. Maybe try not to take words for their literal meaning and instead see that I merely touched upon the fact that XX would have been a boon for many, many people (probably with less overall effort required as well). There's no harm in doing Stories. I'm just kind of shocked that he isn't even considering a menu patch for XX because of it. He cited localization as part of the reason when it hasn't even been announced yet, which seemed kind of defeatist.

Shame that I have no idea how to insert/edit dialogue into anything that isn't from before 2000, as the MH games actually have extremely basic and easy-to-understand text.

Don't police the forums, trying to find people to lecture. This lady doesn't put up with that nonsense ;)

Last edited by ArtemisM,

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can read japanese so neither of the patches affect me personally. Maybe try not to take words for their literal meaning and instead see that I merely touched upon the fact that XX would have been a boon for many, many people (probably with less overall effort required as well). There's no harm in doing Stories. I'm just kind of shocked that he isn't even considering a menu patch for XX because of it. He cited localization as part of the reason when it hasn't even been announced yet, which seemed kind of defeatist.

Shame that I have no idea how to insert/edit dialogue into anything that isn't from before 2000, as the MH games actually have extremely basic and easy-to-understand text.

Don't police the forums, trying to find people to lecture. This lady doesn't put up with that nonsense ;)
You're welcome to follow your own advice. :') Op already made it clear they aren't doing it nor are they interested in doing it and this is something they are offering for free and using their time for it, acting shocked because they don't want to spend more free time doing something that will not amount to much since the game may be localized anyways. You can blame the language barrier or whichever you want since you're saying to not read what you say with how you're writing it, and to instead somehow interpret exactly what you really meant, but giving a backhanded comment laced with a guilt trippy comment is something that comes off very entitled, regardless of whether you would use the plugin or not since it doesn't affect you, being able to read Japanese and all. It's almost like leeching but expecting to not give forth any effort to actually help. Just because you can't code with dialogue doesn't mean you can't learn, everyone here started from the ground up at some point ;)

Last edited by anonynom,

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome to follow your own advice. :') Op already made it clear they aren't doing it nor are they interested in doing it and this is something they are offering for free and using their time for it, acting shocked because they don't want to spend more free time doing something that will not amount to much since the game may be localized anyways. You can blame the language barrier or whichever you want since you're saying to not read what you say with how you're writing it, and to instead somehow interpret exactly what you really meant, but giving a backhanded comment laced with a guilt trippy comment is something that comes off very entitled, regardless of whether you would use the plugin or not since it doesn't affect you, being able to read Japanese and all. It's almost like leeching but expecting to not give forth any effort to actually help. Just because you can't code with dialogue doesn't mean you can't learn, everyone here started from the ground up at some point ;)

I'm not sure you understand what entitled means, friend. I offered to help with translating MHX back when he was doing it and was turned away. I'm not going to beg for a chance to help when help is actively turned away. Why should I? And you say "it's almost like leeching", which thoroughly convinces me that you don't understand the words that you speak. Nothing about anything that I said has anything to do with consumption of others' effort without putting forth. I'm simply not consuming it at all. Do work on that before trying to lecture me, sweetie :)

No, seriously. Don't. You have no idea what you're talking about at all and should stop.

Last edited by ArtemisM,

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure you understand what entitled means, friend.
I actually do very well. Regardless of whether you will use it or not, the mere action of being shocked that OP doesn't want to translate XX but is doing stories, falls under entitlement. The way you phrased your post makes an implication that you had an expectation of OP wanting to eventually do XX as well, which left you shocked when they wouldn't even think of doing it at all. You don't have to agree with it if you don't want to, but it does apply and fall into a category of entitlement. But enough derailing the thread, it may give some readers the thought that the fully translated patch is out lol :P

being bitter about being turned away for a prior game doesn't justify entitlement. I'll let you believe what you want anyways, since you won't get anywhere with brick walls.

Last edited by anonynom,

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually do very well. Regardless of whether you will use it or not, the mere action of being shocked that OP doesn't want to translate XX but is doing stories, falls under entitlement. The way you phrased your post makes an implication that you had an expectation of OP wanting to eventually do XX as well, which left you shocked when they wouldn't even think of doing it at all. You don't have to agree with it if you don't want to, but it does apply and fall into a category of entitlement. But enough derailing the thread, it may give some readers the thought that the fully translated patch is out lol :P

You used that word that you don't understand again.

Oh well, whatever. You're going to think what you want to think, regardless of what anyone says.

Last edited by ArtemisM,

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever floats your boat hun, with a BA in english lit, I'll let you keep that superiority complex of yours, lol.

Punchyleaf, you're not fooling anyone. Just stop, hun. This is why people hesitate to reach out to you. Let that sink in a bit while I apply the block filter and carry on.

Last edited by ArtemisM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay