dexter90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
I have a sd of my old 3ds xl with emunand and various games installed. Now I no longer have the old 3ds xl but only N3DS xl. I forgot to export the old savegames with some software. How can I recover now all my backups? what interests me most of all is pokemon alpha zapphire. Thank you

PS: sorry for my bad english

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're all encrypted with keys that were unique to that 3DS, so you can't. If you had xorpads from it backed up somewhre, maybe, but otherwise, nope.

dexter90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My problem is not to recover the sd but the saves that we are on. Unfortunately I did not xorpads of that game. However, the link does not work.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My problem is not to recover the sd but the saves that we are on. Unfortunately I did not xorpads of that game. However, the link does not work.

I'm pretty sure that link on get you anything good out of it :P

I don't think there's a way to get the saves, but hopefully I'm wrong.

BigCalhoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there isn't a way to get the saves. I recently had a similar issue.

As Ive learned, the saves are encrypted and the key needed is stored in the NAND. If you don't have the 3DS or if you do a system format (as was my situation), then you don't have access to the key needed to decrypt the saves and move them over.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have a sd of my old 3ds xl with emunand and various games installed. Now I no longer have the old 3ds xl but only N3DS xl. I forgot to export the old savegames with some software. How can I recover now all my backups? what interests me most of all is pokemon alpha zapphire. Thank you

PS: sorry for my bad english
Depends if you still have the emunand on the SD. If you do YOU CAN GET THEM BACK!!! Without the xorpads.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes on sd is installed emunand. Need other information? I have also image of sysnand.bin
1) Dump emunand .bin with decrypt9.

2) copy everything including the dump to a PC

3) on the sdcard, format emunand again with emumand9, then unlink them

4) dump emunand again

5) follow this guide, treating the first dump you got as the "source" console and the second as the "target". both dumps can be mounted directly with osfmount so skip steps that say generate xorpads.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

6) afterward, simply copy your stuff back and back up your saves with jksm then formaf emunand one last time and unlink it.

HMU if you have any more questions

Last edited by Sketchy1,

dexter90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's not working because n3ds don't see emunand on sd. I try to extract with pc app and it work, but when i try to mount fat16 partition is corrupted...

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not working because n3ds don't see emunand on sd. I try to extract with pc app and it work, but when i try to mount fat16 partition is corrupted...
Mount the entire dump, not just the partition. Or the ctr partition

dexter90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some error if i mount entire dump.
I try on mac and give error file system. On Windows with ofsmount it mount the dump but don't open the mount point

Last edited by dexter90,

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try on mac and give error file system. On Windows with ofsmount it mount the dump but don't open the mount point
Dissent it open as a separate drive? I'm pretty sure ya just have to go through the folders to find the movable.sed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No idea why it quoted twice

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you see, the reason for xorpads is because the NAND is encrypted. So telling him to skip xorpads... think about that. There's a reason the guide says you need them.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know what xorpads are for, used to decrypt dumps. the reason i told him to skip it is because decrypt 9 dumps pre-decrypted files, I've done it myself when i needed to transfer a sysnand ticket.db to another console

if it bugs the op tho, he can feel free to use the fat16 extractor tool (its a python script) and extract it.
So, you see, the reason for xorpads is because the NAND is encrypted. So telling him to skip xorpads... think about that. There's a reason the guide says you need them.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, afaik, Decrypt9 does not dump your NAND decrypted.
Ah, on like the seventh check I realized that it could have been an emunand dump, so its simply could have been an emunand->emunand transfer with my suggested solution

But if that's the case, then it could be solved by simply using decrypt9 and restoring the sysnand dump to emunand, then dumping emunand, then proceeding with the aforementioned solution

Last edited by Sketchy1,

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...lol no. Regardless of whether he has a NAND or EmuNAND backup, both are encrypted with the unique keys from the old console. If the new console cannot read the EmuNAND on that SD, neither can Decrypt9. Those saves are gone without xorpads or the old console.

Reactions: Arubaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: