Gaming Recommended games for a new PS Vita owner?

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So yeah, my cousin gave me a broken PS Vita that I managed to repair for a low cost, and I don't know what to do with it. I've tried looking around for good games, but honestly cannot find something nice. Mind you, I'm a gamer that almost reach his "bored-with-games" point..... I own a Wii U and 3DS simply for Nintendo-type of fun (you know, those crazy things that Nintendo games have). I mainly play PC games (currently DOOM, and waiting for No Man's Sky).

Can anybody recommend me some good games for PS Vita? Ones that I won't regret buying. I already got too many games on my plate, and don't want to waste time on bad games lol. Thanks again.

D

Deleted User

I guess that depends on what you like. Rpg wise there's a lot of very good one, disgaea 3 and 4. Trails of cold steel. Ff 10/x-2 remake. Odin shere. Grand kingdom of course p4. There's plenty of drpgs. Stranger in sword city. Ray gigant. Demon gaze.
If you like monster hunter types there's toukiden kiwami. Freedom wars.
Ys: Memories of Celceta. There's many more it just depends on what you like. Hope that helps.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: jamesalfred

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Problem is lots of the games you listed are available at other platforms lol. I'm eyeing Gravity Rush though. Odin Sphere and Trails of Cold Steel looks nice also.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is lots of the games you listed are available at other platforms lol. I'm eyeing Gravity Rush though. Odin Sphere and Trails of Cold Steel looks nice also.
Sort of hard to find exclusives for ps vita. It's like a handheld ps3 anyways so mostly ports are to be expected, not that it's a bad thing. Also you did not say what genre/s of videogames that you are into so games other people might think are good you might not like.

Last edited by cvskid,

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sort of hard to find exclusives for ps vita. It's like a handheld ps3 anyways so mostly ports are to be expected, not that it's a bad thing. Also you did not say what genre/s of videogames that you are into so games other people might think are good you might not like.

Sorry. I didn't mention the preferred genre to get as many suggestions as possible lol. Some good games might appear on the genre that I don't really like. If I must, for handheld, I'm quite fond of RPG. I also like shooter, but not on handheld. Side-scrolling action games are also my thing on handheld.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. I didn't mention the preferred genre to get as many suggestions as possible lol. Some good games might appear on the genre that I don't really like. If I must, for handheld, I'm quite fond of RPG. I also like shooter, but not on handheld. Side-scrolling action games are also my thing on handheld.
For music rhythm games i would recommend djmax technika tune and superbeat xonic. For fighting games i recommend dead or alive 5+ and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3. For racing, need for speed most wanted and kart racing, sonic and sega all stars transformed.

For a platforming game i would recommend epic mickey 2 the power of two. Adventure type game assassin's creed 3 liberation and uncharted golden abyss and for a rpg game digimon cyber sleuth. Those are off the top of my head.

BTW all of those games have physical releases if you like having physical copies of games and don't mind importing since the ps vita is region free.

Reactions: jamesalfred

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think two games which are must haves for the Vita (similar to the Mario jump'n'run and Mario Kart with Nintendo consoles) are Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss (i really like to use the 6-axis-sensor for the aiming as addition to the analogstick (change the sensivity!))
They are not exclusive, but if you haven't played them yet you should try Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 (the weapon and item changing is sloved clever, but unfortunately the characteristic sound is missing)

Edit: And Final Fantasy World will come out this year with an active-time-battle-like system. Would keep an eye on it if you liked FF1-9.

Last edited by VitaType,
D

Deleted User

The obligatory Persona 4 Golden recommendation if you haven't played the game yet, the only problem is the really slow beginning, but if you can get through that you get an amazing story and a 100+ hours of gameplay and possibly more if you decide to replay the game or go through the new game + option.
Also there is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel which is a JRPG that is simply amazing in my opinion that you should try out when you get a chance.
Along with that is Freedom Wars which is like Attack on Titan mixed with Monster Hunter and is extremely fun!

D

Deleted User

Would i be lost jumping into Persona 4 if i have never played a Persona game?
Not really the story is separate but there is just a couple references to the past characters in past games which won't have a really big impact on the story.

brainstreem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, ill give it a shot. sounds like its one of the must haves.. haven't really been in the mood for an rag recently but all this talk is making me wanna try it.

streetbrawler123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
u should go for
Tales of hearts R and Uncharted for the psp Muramasa Rebirth is also a good Vita game it has Dlc's that the wii version doesnt have

D

Deleted User

I hear little big planet is a good game. Platformer with tons of levels and level creator, kinda like SMM.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knytt Underground was available on the PS3, but you can get it on the Vita. I had a lot of fun with it. Its an atmospheric metroidvania that focuses on exploration. The first two chapters are really short getting you used to the female character and then the second character. Whats cool about this one is that you have all the tools from the beginning of chapter 3 to go anywhere in the game. Its just a matter of getting there.

Shovel Knight, if you haven't played it elsewhere.

Hotline Miami 1 and 2. top down twitch action games. Really bloody.

Persona 4 Golden obviously. And Persona 3 Portable is on the store as a PSP game you can get a hold of for cheap.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are a few games that are out currently that I'd recommend. Since I don't know what genres you like ima scattershot with a little bit of everything:

Ys: Memories of Celceta
Demon Gaze
Tales of Hearts R
Muramasa Rebirth+DLC
Earth Defense Force 2
Corpse Party Blood Drive(If you've played the others and you'd like a good horror game)
Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Dragons Crown
Atelier Totori+ others
LoH: Trails of Cold Steel
Odin Sphere: Leifthraisr
Stranger in Sword City
TxK
Risk of Rain(has good netcode and matchmaking on the vita version unlike the steam and GOG ones. No more matches on Hamachi!)
Killzone Mercenary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4