Hardware Recommendations for a new headset (budget but good quality preferred)

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So the other day, my headset gave up the ghost. It had problems before, but I managed to fix it temporarily, but now it's too much trouble to attempt to fix, so now I'm looking around for a new one. This is the one I had been using.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EQE0YM

It's a rather good headset, insomuch that I bought one back in early 2012, then another in late 2013 (and this one lasted till now). It does have a problem with static because of being powered by USB, but I had minimized it a bit by plugging it into a different outlet than the computer it is used for, as I believe being connected in the computer or on the same power socket creates a kind of short signal loop that makes the noise in the first place.

Right now, the one I've had is going for $36 on Amazon, and I could get same-day delivery if I order within the next 2 1/2 hours, but perhaps something different would be better, but I have no idea what I could get within that budget.

Any recommendations?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the other day, my headset gave up the ghost. It had problems before, but I managed to fix it temporarily, but now it's too much trouble to attempt to fix, so now I'm looking around for a new one. This is the one I had been using.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EQE0YM

It's a rather good headset, insomuch that I bought one back in early 2012, then another in late 2013 (and this one lasted till now). It does have a problem with static because of being powered by USB, but I had minimized it a bit by plugging it into a different outlet than the computer it is used for, as I believe being connected in the computer or on the same power socket creates a kind of short signal loop that makes the noise in the first place.

Right now, the one I've had is going for $36 on Amazon, and I could get same-day delivery if I order within the next 2 1/2 hours, but perhaps something different would be better, but I have no idea what I could get within that budget.

Any recommendations?
what is your max budget?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How's the volume level on the HyperX Cloud Stinger? The other headset I had used USB for power to amplify volume, but this doesn't look like it has USB.
I've never had problems with headphone volume on a PC. The volume goes up way higher than I'd ever need it to, whether what I'm using is USB powered or not. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, I ended up getting one, and it works nice. Audio is clean and clear, with the exception when hooked into my computer because of using integrated audio that other parts causes interference. Even works very nice with my Switch.

However....

It's only after using it for a while that I'm having a real hard time using it because of how it wraps around my head. Area around the ears is no problem (albeit they get a little warm). It's the shape it takes as it goes over my head. See, I believe my head has a bit of a peak, so with this headset, it doesn't go uniform around, but applies pressure right at the top. It causes me to get nauseous. My previous headset (Turtle Beach Earforce X12) is more curved at the top, allowing more room there.

I like everything else about the headset, but comfort is top priority, and this unfortunately causes me discomfort. Not because of the headset, but because of my dumb head (classic "it's not you, but me" breakup line, but not really). If I can't find a way to fix this, I'm gonna have to return it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.