Hacking Recomended space for USB loader?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was going to buy a USB loader what amount of space should I buy based on the size of these games?:

1. CALL OF DUTY 3
2. LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS
3. MARIO & SONIC @ OLYMPIC GAMES
4. MARIO KART WII
5. MARIO PARTY 8
6. METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION
7. RED STEEL
8. SUPER MARIO GALAXY
9. SUPER PAPER MARIO
10. AVATAR: LAST AIRBENDER
11. SUPER SMASH BROTHERS: BRAWL
12. Rayman Raving Rabbids
13. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
14. Punch-Out
15. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (NPC)
16. Wii sports Resort
17. Call Of Duty: World @ War
18. Ravman Raving Rabbids 3
19. Rabbids Go Home
20. Red Steel 2
21. New Super Mario Bros Wii
22. Super Mario Galaxy 2
23. Big Brain Academy
24. Metroid Prime Trilogy
25. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
26. Animal Crossing: City Folk
27. The Conduit
28. Castlevania Judgment
29. Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
30. Pikman (NPC)
31. Pikman 2 (NPC)
32. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
33. Metroid: Other M
34. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
35. Grand Slam Tennis
36. Wario Land: Shake It!
37. Wii Fit
38. Wii Fit Plus
39. Avatar: The Last Airbender – Into the Inferno
40. Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth
41. Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
42. Boom Blox
43. Brothers in Arms: Double Time
44. Captain Rainbow
45. Disaster: Day of Crisis
46. EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer
47. EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis
48. Endless Ocean
49. Excite Truck
50. Geometry Wars: Galaxies
51. Ghostbusters: The Video Game
52. History Channel: Battle for the Pacific, History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
53. The House of the Dead
54. Mad World
55. Madden NFL
56. Manhunt 2
57. Mario Super Sluggers
58. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
59. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis
60. No More Heroes
61. Pikmin 3
62. Resident Evil
63. SimCity Creator
64. Tiger Woods PGA Tout
65. Trauma Center
66. Medal Of Honor
67. Wario Land: Shake It
68. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
69. WWII Aces

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100gb should fit all of those games. Before I cleaned up my HDD I had ~65 and was using ~150gb. All depends on the games, but if you went with a 250gb you'd definitely fit all of those games with a ton of room to grow.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do all the click able linked drives in the compatibility list (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=USB_Devices_Compatibility_List) work? - Lest those that say they do? And if I wanted to use some emulators ((S)NES), n64 (when it's released), PS1, gameboy, TurboGrafx-16 (CD), etc - could I? Are the notes in the link update to date (or very recent)?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the 500gb Seagate Freeagent Go. It has 465gb of available space, and I set the first partition to around 130gb FAT32 primary (active), and the second partition to FAT32>WBFS (335gb).

I decided to have 130gb in FAT32 format since it allows plenty of space for future applications such as nand emu, PSX emu, N64emu, and possibly MAME/NeoGeo emu. Having 335gb dedicated to WBFS should allow you have plenty of room for the "must have" games, and for those games coming out in the future. Nothing's worse than running out of room, and wishing you had set your partitions differently, resulting in a lot of wasted time.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orderd a 750 GB Western Digital, drive. Now comes (IMO) the moronic question: What topics (or FAQ'S) should I look @ to get it to be a USB loader? Safest method preferbly.

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comees to storage more is always better, just get the most space you can afford as you probably will want more later in life.

There is a deal right now 1TB 3.5" Western Digital External for $65 w/ free ship. I grabbed 2 of them because it was a great deal.

I'll break one open and use it inside my PC and use the other to create a clone of my current Wii drive that way if it fails one day I wont lose the 100+ games on it.

Actually may break them both open and just extract the .iso images and store them as .ISO format on the drive on the computer rather than clone the wii partition.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 750 GB is large enough for the games I want, and less i'm mistaken the whole 750 isn't usable (not counting what's taken off), 100 - 150 (or so) Gigs should be enough. What guides should I look @?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
I think 750 GB is large enough for the games I want, and less i'm mistaken the whole 750 isn't usable (not counting what's taken off), 100 - 150 (or so) Gigs should be enough. What guides should I look @?

Might I request a list of the guide(s) I should look @ to set up the external as a usb loader, preferbly with the safest method & the most update to date releases?
ph34r.gif

Caliban

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
Might I request a list of the guide(s) I should look @ to set up the external as a usb loader, preferbly with the safest method & the most update to date releases?
ph34r.gif

http://gwht.wikidot.com/

I would highly reccomend this one and choosing Configurable USB Loader as your loader of choice. I first softmodded my Wii about a month ago or so using this method/guide and was up and running in no time and since reading the boards daily it all actually makes sense to me too!
biggrin.gif

The only thing I differed from the guide was when it came to formatting the HDD. I didn't bother to use a partition, and had WBFS manager format it for me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb