Hardware Rechargeable Wii Controllers

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello GBA TEMP

I had a Nintendo Wii since around 2007. Since then I bought the Nyko charge station which came with 2 rechargeable batteries and a charge station to charge both batteries at the same time. They were a great investment.

Though Currently I think the batteries have reached their lifespan and dont even put nearly a half of the play time they used to be.

I have been searching on amazon and I can't seem to just find the rechargeable battery pack itself. I would like to know what you guys use to have rechargeable and long reliable batteries for the Wii. Any recommendations or links to just rechargebable battery packs.

Thanks

Summary:

-Have the Nyko charge station for 2 rechargeable battery packs. Good quality long lasting. Used for 8 years.
-Looking for just another 2 replacement rechargeable battery packs.
-Interested to see what other GBATEMP users use for their Wii remotes (regular duracell recharble batteries, Nyko, ect..)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Back in the day I used just standard rechargeable NiMh AA batteries, no brand in particular just whatever I found around that seemed OK (I think I used Panasonic, but perhaps they were Energizer... who knows)

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Nyko rechargeable pack, last year, so it still works. However, one of the ports was busted, my fault. I don't remember how exactly it got bent, but yeah. However, the packs don't last long, and I just resorted to normal double As. I'd rather get rechargeable batteries, that station's a reason not to buy third party stuff. I got an Energizer pack that charges two Wii controllers and the Wii U gamepad. However, on the first day trying it out, it charged the Wiimote the first time, but I couldn't get it to work subsequent times. Practically a $30 waste.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Back in the day I used just standard rechargeable NiMh AA batteries, no brand in particular just whatever I found around that seemed OK (I think I used Panasonic, but perhaps they were Energizer... who knows)

i also use standarn Ni-MH aa batteries, however op would like to use his charge station which is pratical.. and since he got it, he could still use it..

i have several "random" types of rechargeable batteries, some from duracell. some from ikea, and other brands..

WiiFit_Guy, on nyko webpage you can just buy the batteries http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Battery+Kit+(Blue) isn't this ones? this doesn't come with the station, but it comes with a stupid extra cover (i would prefer a option without the cover)

also, try to look in your town for a battery store.. i mean, a store specialized on batteries.., you probably can open that thing (the battery pack) and in a battery shop they should be able to get the same type for you...

Reactions: WiiFit_Guy

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got the Nyko rechargeable pack, last year, so it still works. However, one of the ports was busted, my fault. I don't remember how exactly it got bent, but yeah. However, the packs don't last long, and I just resorted to normal double As. I'd rather get rechargeable batteries, that station's a reason not to buy third party stuff. I got an Energizer pack that charges two Wii controllers and the Wii U gamepad. However, on the first day trying it out, it charged the Wiimote the first time, but I couldn't get it to work subsequent times. Practically a $30 waste.

I have the same Energizer charge station and it's really nice, but what I really hate about Wiimote charge stations is that they all use AAA's now. Not a single one I've found has used AAs, except the one I bought originally for my Wii, the batteries lasted at least 30 hours on it without needing to be charged, with the ones that use AAAs the batteries only last a few hours and they're never charged when I need them because I forget to put them back on the charger... I've resorted to just using regular non-rechargeable AAs now, they last much longer.

The Energizer charge station is nice for keeping everything in one place though, it's great for space saving :)

Reactions: Margen67

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i also use standarn Ni-MH aa batteries, however op would like to use his charge station which is pratical.. and since he got it, he could still use it..

i have several "random" types of rechargeable batteries, some from duracell. some from ikea, and other brands..

WiiFit_Guy, on nyko webpage you can just buy the batteries http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Battery Kit (Blue) isn't this ones? this doesn't come with the station, but it comes with a stupid extra cover (i would prefer a option without the cover)

also, try to look in your town for a battery store.. i mean, a store specialized on batteries.., you probably can open that thing (the battery pack) and in a battery shop they should be able to get the same type for you...

Thank You! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I agree with you with the cover, cause I already have it. Therefore an option to buy without the cover would be nice.
I have the same Energizer charge station and it's really nice, but what I really hate about Wiimote charge stations is that they all use AAA's now. Not a single one I've found has used AAs, except the one I bought originally for my Wii, the batteries lasted at least 30 hours on it without needing to be charged, with the ones that use AAAs the batteries only last a few hours and they're never charged when I need them because I forget to put them back on the charger... I've resorted to just using regular non-rechargeable AAs now, they last much longer.

The Energizer charge station is nice for keeping everything in one place though, it's great for space saving :)

I will look into it. Thanks!

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or the op could refurbish his existing battery back by replacing the batteries inside, although might be more of a hassle then it is worth.
You could use Li-Ion battery size 14500 in the Wiimote, and just one would be required to power the Wiimote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night