Hacking Recently got PS4, firmware 3.5

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new to the PS4 community, this is my first home console in a long time.
I have bought this machine used, and the previous user still has his account on it, with several games installed. Will I be able to keep the games on there, and what should I do with them in order to keep them? Or are the games linked to an online account?
I am currently not connected to the internet yet. I would also like to know whats currently possible on firmware 3.5, thanks!

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dont delete their account, make a new one for yourself and keep using that one. If you create a new one and are able to open the games from there, then it means that they set their account as primary on that ps4, and you wont loose those games..

if you see a lock, then plug the ps4to the internet, log into their account and set the ps4 as primary i think its called. Then check again under your account.

You should be fine with those games. If you want to be safe, just use your account and never log back into thw other one (that came with the games) in case the use had performed a reset/unlink. I think thats how it works.

I do something similar with my nephew, we share games and plus on different Ps4, we only buy 1 and both play and have both psn. Its called PS4 game sharing you could look it up on youtube.

Last edited by Pecrow,

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dont delete their account, make a new one for yourself and keep using that one. If you create a new one and are able to open the games from there, then it means that they set their account as primary on that ps4, and you wont loose those games..

if you see a lock, then plug the ps4to the internet, log into their account and set the ps4 as primary i think its called. Then check again under your account.

You should be fine with those games. If you want to be safe, just use your account and never log back into thw other one (that came with the games) in case the use had performed a reset/unlink. I think thats how it works.

I do something similar with my nephew, we share games and plus on different Ps4, we only buy 1 and both play and have both psn. Its called PS4 game sharing you could look it up on youtube.
Also, I don't know the person who had it previously, so I would not know their account password, etc. I currently do not know how things work in the PS4 as I just got it today. Do I need their password to keep their games? When creating a new account, it says that the DNS server cannot be used.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it asking you for a password when trying to log into their account? You should also be able to create a new user on your ps4 wirh out using internet, simply skip the psn login/registration.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Give me a few minutes and ill switch to my laptop to type how everythong works :-) im on my phone at the moment

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it asking you for a password when trying to log into their account? You should also be able to create a new user on your ps4 wirh out using internet, simply skip the psn login/registration.

Give me a few minutes and ill switch to my laptop to type how everythong works :-) im on my phone at the moment
Nope, it's not. I have a question. Are the games linked to a PSN account? Or are the games linked to the system itself? Is it possible to use his account, rename it, and create a new PSN account to log into?
Also, for creating a new account, I just skipped the dns part.
Is it safe to connect to the internet? I wouldn't want to accidentally update my PS4, and would like to wait for potential exploits. I really appreciate your help, thanks!

I'm just really excited right now, as it has a 5 already installed games on there. xD

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here we go:

1. PS4 games downloaded from the PSN Store are linked to an account, not a PS4, So.. if you delete the account that came with the PS4, the games they bought will be deleted(you will not be able to used them until you re-purchase them on your new account).

2. Unless you know the email and password for the account that your PS4 came with, you will not be able to change any settings on that account, like emails, passwords, (PSN account name cannot be changed)

3. If you are able to log in to your own (new) account and play the games that the other account downloaded (and the games do not have a small lock on the bottom right hand side) this means that the account that came with the PS4 is already set as PRIMARY on this PS4. Meaning that ALL other users will be able to use both the PSN PLUS, and their downloaded games, with out any problems. Meaning, that you will be able to use your account, and you now have 5 free games.

4. If under your (new) account, you try to open the 5 games and they have locks, then this means that their account is not set as Primary on this PS4, so you need to log into their account -> hit the UP arrow, -> Settings -> PlayStation Network/Account Administration -> Activate as primary PS4 -> Activate ... You would not need their password to do this. Once you set the account as Primary on this PS4, you now have free 5 games to continue playing on your main (new) account.

:)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Potential exploits? SO far there has been only 1, based on web browser, but on versions so old, that at this point almost no-one has them. So, I dont think there would be any exploits coming to the PS4, nor that it could ever be hacked, maybe in 5 years. You should be just fine connecting to the internet and playing online, feel free to update as hopes of hacking the PS4 are slim.

5. If the user who owns the account that came with the PS4 has no further intent to use this account on other PS4's then you can be sure that you can use both accounts with out problems, the issue is that if they want to connect or use their account on another PS4, they might request/unlink the account (that has the games) to be able to use it on another PS4, the problem with this is that if they do this, and you log into their account, you might be requested to enter the password and thus locking you out of using these 5 free games. Since we do not know if the person who owns this account will ever do this, I recommend that you never log back into their account, and simply just play their free games on your own account, thus if they ever unlink/lock their account out, you will never be locked out of the free 5 games, since you never used or logged back into their account. Just to be safe.

Last edited by Pecrow,

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here we go:

1. PS4 games downloaded from the PSN Store are linked to an account, not a PS4, So.. if you delete the account that came with the PS4, the games they bought will be deleted(you will not be able to used them until you re-purchase them on your new account).

2. Unless you know the email and password for the account that your PS4 came with, you will not be able to change any settings on that account, like emails, passwords, (PSN account name cannot be changed)

3. If you are able to log in to your own (new) account and play the games that the other account downloaded (and the games do not have a small lock on the bottom right hand side) this means that the account that came with the PS4 is already set as PRIMARY on this PS4. Meaning that ALL other users will be able to use both the PSN PLUS, and their downloaded games, with out any problems. Meaning, that you will be able to use your account, and you now have 5 free games.

4. If under your (new) account, you try to open the 5 games and they have locks, then this means that their account is not set as Primary on this PS4, so you need to log into their account -> hit the UP arrow, -> Settings -> PlayStation Network/Account Administration -> Activate as primary PS4 -> Activate ... You would not need their password to do this. Once you set the account as Primary on this PS4, you now have free 5 games to continue playing on your main (new) account.

:)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Potential exploits? SO far there has been only 1, based on web browser, but on versions so old, that at this point almost no-one has them. So, I dont think there would be any exploits coming to the PS4, nor that it could ever be hacked, maybe in 5 years. You should be just fine connecting to the internet and playing online, feel free to update as hopes of hacking the PS4 are slim.
Ahh, thanks. Am I free to set up another PSN on my new account? It seems that his account is already set to primary. Does this mean use his PSN too (assuming its already logged in)?
Theres games like Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and Ultra Street Fighter IV that do not appear in my new account. When I log onto the old account, it shows a down arrow and prompts me to update before I can launch. Does this mean that he has already purchased those games, but just didn't download them?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, thanks. Am I free to set up another PSN on my new account? It seems that his account is already set to primary. Does this mean use his PSN too (assuming its already logged in)?
Theres games like Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and Ultra Street Fighter IV that do not appear in my new account. When I log onto the old account, it shows a down arrow and prompts me to update before I can launch. Does this mean that he has already purchased those games, but just didn't download them?
You are free to create a new PSN account on your newly created account. If the account that came with the PS4 already had PS+ then you do not have to buy a subscription yourself, since their account is primary, your new account can use their plus subscription :), Also, feel free as well to update. I think that Dead or Alive is a free download (DLC is bought), and Street fighter is a purchased game. Sure, go ahead and update and download them, (you can set to download, and then switch to your account to continue reviewing progress) and as soon as they are downloaded you should be able to use them. Not sure why they are not showing on your new account, they should.

Also, if you log into their account, go to the right (all the way) click on Library, Then on the left you will see Purchased. these are all of the games that account has purchased, and you can re-download them, ever if they did not already come with the account. Maybe the user purchased some games, and deleted them after playing them, if that is the case, you can re-download them for free (Using their account, and then continue playing them on your own account)

I think you will need to update the PS4 before you can connect online services, not sure. But take a look, you might have more than just 5 free games, who knows.

Reactions: Ichigo1000

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are free to create a new PSN account on your newly created account. If the account that came with the PS4 already had PS+ then you do not have to buy a subscription yourself, since their account is primary, your new account can use their plus subscription :), Also, feel free as well to update. I think that Dead or Alive is a free download (DLC is bought), and Street fighter is a purchased game. Sure, go ahead and update and download them, (you can set to download, and then switch to your account to continue reviewing progress) and as soon as they are downloaded you should be able to use them. Not sure why they are not showing on your new account, they should.
I heard there is PSProxy or PSPypass to be able to bypass the update and go online right? I would like to stay on 3.5, just incase :).
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-samu-decrypted.450866/ Even if this has a high possibility it could be fake, I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity xD
How do you check if the account is PS+ and the Ultra street fighter is an actual game and not DLC right (IIRC on steam its a sort of update for super street fighter IV)?

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard there is PSProxy to be able to bypass the update and go online right? I would like to stay on 3.5, just incase :).
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-samu-decrypted.450866/ Even if this has a high possibility it could be fake, I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity xD
How do you check if the account is PS+ and the Ultra street fighter is an actual game and not DLC right (IIRC on steam its a sort of update for super street fighter IV)?

I dont think there is a bypass to update for the PS4 yet, that's only for PSP.

For the PS+ expiration date, go to Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > Playstation Plus

Thats news to me (SAMU), Ill keep an eye on that, it might be something good :), but for not is only for FWs 1.76, who knows when that will come for other firmwares.

Last edited by Pecrow,
Reactions: Ichigo1000

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think there is a bypass to update for the PS4 yet, that's only for PSP.

For the PS+ expiration date, go to Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > Playstation Plus

Thats news to me (SAMU), Ill keep an eye on that, it might be something good :), but for not is only for FWs 1.76, who knows when that will come for other firmwares.
Oh, PSProxy is compatible with PS4 I believe. Also, visiting the Sotrage Management, I found many other games like Fallout 4, Diablo 3, Final Fantasy, etc. They take up heaps of space, but they require the disc to launch. Why is that?

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, PSProxy is compatible with PS4 I believe. Also, visiting the Sotrage Management, I found many other games like Fallout 4, Diablo 3, Final Fantasy, etc. They take up heaps of space, but they require the disc to launch. Why is that?

If they are listed under the Purchased, and do Not have a DVD icon, they are bought from the eshop, and you can re-download and play :-) more free games.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are listed under the Purchased, and do Not have a DVD icon, they are bought from the eshop, and you can re-download and play :-) more free games.
They do have a DVD icon, but the games are also stored in the system for some reason. When launching, it says "wrong disc inserted" or something.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can delete the apps that have a dvd icon, those require a dvd to play, the ps4 actually copies the entire game from the dvd to the hdd, it does not play the games from the dvd. Due to load times.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm this is interesting infact I got the ps4 pro just so I could have my original ps4 stay on 3.55 and possibly jailbroken in the future
Guess I'll research on this 3.55 bypass thing

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can delete the apps that have a dvd icon, those require a dvd to play, the ps4 actually copies the entire game from the dvd to the hdd, it does not play the games from the dvd. Due to load times.
Darn, thats a bummer... I found out that 4.06 is predownloaded. Is there a way to delete it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16