Hardware Rebuild a corrupted NAND backup

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I once saw that a guy decrypted his NAND backup. Is there any known way to do so?
only if you had already generated your nand xorpads when your console was exploitable, even then im not sure you could manually downgrade as you would still need a way to install older system titles, so still need an exploitable console

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only if you had already generated your nand xorpads when your console was exploitable, even then im not sure you could manually downgrade as you would still need a way to install older system titles, so still need an exploitable console

Thank you ^_^I was actually going to ask that, as I know the backups are decryptable now, but I was curious what was stopping us from using someone else's backup stripped of everything and inject our own personal system information. I thought about it and figured there is a reason this hasn't occurred yet and it must be something uniquely done per system per update. I really need to start reading up on the software side of things again but I think I enjoy messing with the hardware a little too much right now, and I'm curious on seeing what it takes to emulate the NANDs on the game cartridge via FPGA lol.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thank you ^_^I was actually going to ask that, as I know the backups are decryptable now, but I was curious what was stopping us from using someone else's backup stripped of everything and inject our own personal system information. I thought about it and figured there is a reason this hasn't occurred yet and it must be something uniquely done per system per update. I really need to start reading up on the software side of things again but I think I enjoy messing with the hardware a little too much right now, and I'm curious on seeing what it takes to emulate the NANDs on the game cartridge via FPGA lol.
yeah theres a lot info in various places, but basically there is the console unique encryption in place on nand and SD contents, so to take a nand from 1 console and use it on another you would need both systems to be exploitable to generate the required XOR pads to perform the decryption/re-encryption, and it couldn't be a straight swap, there are files within the nand that would also need to either be re-encrypted for the target console or donor files taken from the source nands original nand

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

no xorpads :(
okay, maybe now i will buy a n3ds, but is there any way to use my nnid on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person