antiaverage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://rebug.me/rebug-update-package-0-2-4-21-x-and-4-30-x/

Hooray!

Not sure where announcements like this should go, let me know if this is wrong.

mschumacher69 posted a nice guide (and nice thoughts on why to use rebug) here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/installe...-ps3_game-wont-boot-help.346998/#post-4624952

The guide is dutifully pasted and updated in this thread. I can personally confirm this is working and I am successfully on PSN without anything other than the guide below.

###

I recommend installing Rebug by following the guide below:

1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
Install latest version of multiMAN (4.30.00), plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS > Press [O] on any file > Open in HEX viewer > Press [SELECT] > Press [START] > Export GameOS LV2: Select No > Export HV LV1: Select No > Export FLASH: Select Yes

2- Install Rebug 4.30.2 from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.30.2 from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP, put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE, go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's NO original game disk in the drive and that you DON'T Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!

3- Install Rebug Update Package 0.2:
Download Rebug_Update_Package_0.2_4.30.x.pkg from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, install it from Package Manager, launch it under Games and follow the on screen prompts, the screen will freeze for a while when you select Yes, do NOT force shut down your PS3 at this stage or else you will get a nice and shiny RSOD! Just be patient and wait for it to finish what it's doing, it will reboot if needed when finished. Once the PS3 has rebooted, you can delete Rebug Update Package from your XMB as it is not needed anymore.

4- Enable QA and spoof to 4.41:
Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading. Now go to Selector and change System Mode to Rebug, this will spoof to 4.41 to prevent accidental updates and allow PSN access. You can also change XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA to ensure you have the Retail menus instead of the Debug menus which you probably won't need.

Reactions: mschumacher69

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality