Hacking reason to update?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Only you can evaluate that. Are you having issues with any of the games you are playing/want to play? If not why update? 5.00M33-6 already has the increased speed option so there's very little extra you'd get if you were updating just because there's an update and not because you're solving issues.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well you get the NoDRM engine for DLC titles, PSN access, some of the extra options actually work this time (such as PIC0/1 hiding) since the PRO CFW was built "fresh", unlike GEN, and blah blah blah.

That's not to mention game compatibility, and the extra features you get from 6.x anyways.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
But there's nothing on your list that he can't already do. Sure it's easier using an updated firmware as it's reduces fiddling, but if say some guy had everything set up to perform those functions (using the recovery menu and plugins) there's very little to be gained from an update if you have no issues.

It's always best to follow the adage - Update when YOU need to, not when everyone else TELLS you that you need to.

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really kept up on what the ofw can do. I only recently pulled my psp out after not touching it since last summer. I have to relearn what all it can do every time I end up wanting to mess around with it.. But I haven't picked up any new games so it still plays everything I have--heck, I don't even know what new games would be worth getting..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shadow100z said:
i'm on 6.20 pro b-8 any benefits to pro-9?
psp 3000http://www.atmaxplorer.com/2011/08/6-20-6-...-lcfw-released/QUOTECHANGELOG
[+]some bugfixes and code optimization
[+]support for PSP Go Video mount
[+]fixed a bug in Inferno/SonyNP9660 when enter sleep mode
[+]updated decryption component, 6.20/6.3x add future support for encryption type PRX version 6.60
[+]added compatibility to future game requiring 6.60fw
[+]added 6.60 version (theorically sopports 11g module)
[+]added option 166/83 frequency of CPU

Sorta' meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte