Status
Not open for further replies.

barnabe42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a n3ds xl Zelda mask of majora game included in the sd card working with reinand.
I have unlinked sysnand and emuNand for safety reason.

I struggle quite a lot at first so the emunand is not the same ID of the original sysnand.
Everything works fine until I tried to play majora mask, my save is recognized as corrupted in my emumand because ID is different.

I tried to restore my original sysnand backup as emunand and I am able to load the game and the save as they share the same ID.
Is there anyway from emunand to extract the sav, I am not able to run savedatafiler.

It seems that the only option is to inject the 3ds original sysnand backup as a sysnand run pasta CFW to inject savedatafiler in the sysnand to extract the save.

But then I am not sure if I will be able to use this save in my current emunand.

Thanks
/Eric

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
would that be better than reiNAND CFW?
Will rxTools work with Gateway emuNAND?

Thx!
Yes, and yes.
no, theres too many o3ds cfw so mine is n3ds only

Edit: New thread is here, stop bumping this one.
Message a mod requesting to have this locked perhaps? Leaving it open will likely only cause confusion in the future.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and yes.

Message a mod requesting to have this locked perhaps? Leaving it open will likely only cause confusion in the future.
I asked ryan to take care of that (since it was his thread), god knows if he did or not.

Anyways, I have a pretty major update that i'll push sometime soon. It involves sysnand mode similar to rx's dev mode, so sysupdater will work and stuff. Anyways, with that came a lot of complicated and messy code, so im dying inside that my minimalist cfw isnt so minimal anymore. But I'll try to clean it up.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked ryan to take care of that (since it was his thread), god knows if he did or not.

Anyways, I have a pretty major update that i'll push sometime soon. It involves sysnand mode similar to rx's dev mode, so sysupdater will work and stuff. Anyways, with that came a lot of complicated and messy code, so im dying inside that my minimalist cfw isnt so minimal anymore. But I'll try to clean it up.
Noooooooooo! But it was so sleek and clean before. :( RIP clean code...

Reactions: Zidapi and WhoAmI?

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

What's the matter bro? Don't like spaghetti? :D

I feel your pain.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Noooooooooo! But it was so sleek and clean before. :( RIP clean code...

What's the matter bro? Don't like spaghetti? :D

I feel your pain.
well its like, I had to add crypto libs, then had to decrypt nand, then made a function to decrypt arm9 bin, then when i thought i was done, i realized that multiple firmwares means i need to find multiple offsets for sig checks, so more mess ;-;

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well its like, I had to add crypto libs, then had to decrypt nand, then made a function to decrypt arm9 bin, then when i thought i was done, i realized that multiple firmwares means i need to find multiple offsets for sig checks, so more mess ;-;

At least, you've done that far. It's worth the mess :D

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha yeah. Not much you can do except try and keep it reasonably neat n tidy (as much as possible with all the additions). :)
Still probably less of a mess than rxTools is currently. (no offense to anyone , but it's a mess tbh)...

Reactions: Reisyukaku

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

I've never coded anything for 3DS but I don't suppose you could possibly store that stuff in a different source file and then call to it? Normally I tend to do that when it's possible, but I dunno if it is in this case. Tbh I haven't looked at the source.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I've never coded anything for 3DS but I don't suppose you could possibly store that stuff in a different source file and then call to it? Normally I tend to do that when it's possible, but I dunno if it is in this case. Tbh I haven't looked at the source.
yea, but doesnt make it any less messy. I'm sifting through stuff and separating things that could stay in libs from code. Also just gonna leave some ghetto code in till i can find a real way to parse kversion from firm0.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
yea, but doesnt make it any less messy. I'm sifting through stuff and separating things that could stay in libs from code. Also just gonna leave some ghetto code in till i can find a real way to parse kversion from firm0.

Best of luck brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat