Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
No, it's the one that was posted yesterday.

Just out of interest Rei, what exactly is happening when start/select are double-pressed?
just lots of memory dumping

Code:
while(1){
        if(getHID() & BUTTON_SELECT){
            screenShot(TOP_FRAME);
            screenShot(BOT_FRAME);
        }
        if(getHID() & BUTTON_START) memdump(L"sdmc:/FCRAM.bin", FCRAM, 0x08000000);
        patches();
    }

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
just lots of memory dumping

Code:
while(1){
        if(getHID() & BUTTON_SELECT){
            screenShot(TOP_FRAME);
            screenShot(BOT_FRAME);
        }
        if(getHID() & BUTTON_START) memdump(L"sdmc:/FCRAM.bin", FCRAM, 0x08000000);
        patches();
    }

Thanks for your hard work, Rei! I think it might be related to the memory dumping, but does that explain the NTR failure? Might I recommend the select button? I don't think any 3DS game that uses. Although I'm pretty sure that some VC games use it and maybe DS games.

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sorry for the double post.

I deleted the July 30th update and used the the previous one and I encountered no noticeable issues. Weird.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post.

I deleted the July 30th update and used the the previous one and I encountered no noticeable issues. Weird.
Very weird considering i didnt add anything to the 30th one.. lol.. just refactored.. maybe its the thread and the keys being weird.. im trying to set them up so they dont accidentally trigger.

D

Deleted-368796

Thanks Reisyukaku
I downloaded it and installed it. Deleted all old files before copying it over. Only files I left alone was in (root) rei --> patches --> 0x0F --> "emunand.bin" and "signatures.bin"
Other than the patches folder, I deleted everything else. So basically a clean install.

I have already run across 3 crashes so far in the 15mins I have been running v2. One was in the Home menu when trying to click the settings button in the top left corner of the lower screen. Froze up on me then. Also have had 2 crashes in game. SSF4 and Theatrythm. Dont know how to pull logs (if that is even possible) but this is all I can do to contribute for now.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Reisyukaku
I downloaded it and installed it. Deleted all old files before copying it over. Only files I left alone was in (root) rei --> patches --> 0x0F --> "emunand.bin" and "signatures.bin"
Other than the patches folder, I deleted everything else. So basically a clean install.

I have already run across 3 crashes so far in the 15mins I have been running v2. One was in the Home menu when trying to click the settings button in the top left corner of the lower screen. Froze up on me then. Also have had 2 crashes in game. SSF4 and Theatrythm. Dont know how to pull logs (if that is even possible) but this is all I can do to contribute for now.
delete the entire rei folder.. also i dont think i ever used a sig check binary, lol.. get the newest version

D

Deleted-368796

someone linked me to your previous beta release, and it had those two files in it within the "patches" folder.
title of the zip I downloaded was reiNand_n3ds_BETA
That was all that was in the rei folder to begin with.

Not sure what was going on there then. Where do you get the newest sig check binary? You will have to excuse me, I am still green behind the ears.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
someone linked me to your previous beta release, and it had those two files in it within the "patches" folder.
title of the zip I downloaded was reiNand_n3ds_BETA
That was all that was in the rei folder to begin with.

Not sure what was going on there then. Where do you get the newest sig check binary? You will have to excuse me, I am still green behind the ears.
thats old as mud.. pastebin has the one i wrote up specifically.. that was just a mockup. The latest one has everything you need already in it. No need to hunt for things, lol. Hence why it's 'illegal'

D

Deleted-368796

ah got it. Funny enough, your "mock up" ran damn near flawless on my N3DS with 9.0.
I even updated the emuNand to 9.5 a few days ago. Still worked great.
I dont know what you are smokin over there, but its be sum mighty fine stuffs! :rofl2:

Reactions: thaikhoa

mordorer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes. It crashes when pressing select or start. And after 5-10min of playing crashes Too. I am ysing july30 build. 9.0sys 9.5e emu. N3ds

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ah got it. Funny enough, your "mock up" ran damn near flawless on my N3DS with 9.0.
I even updated the emuNand to 9.5 a few days ago. Still worked great.
I dont know what you are smokin over there, but its be sum mighty fine stuffs! :rofl2:

That's right! The mockup works flawlessly. Idk how hard could be done for 10% left on mset support? :D

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I have a region swapped n3ds running 9.2.0.20U. How do I setup emunand?
  • Backup the contents of your SD card
  • Download the Gateway launcher and extract to your SD
  • Run Cubic Ninja and use the Gateway exploit (details on their site)
  • Once at the Gateway menu, select "Format emuNAND" (this will erase your SD and set up a hidden partition for emuNAND use - note; this essentially clones your sysNAND, so if you've already got CIAs installed, they'll be copied over to your emuNAND)
  • When done you can turn off the system, restore the contents of your SD card, then proceed to run Ninjhax & ReiNAND

Also, it's a good idea to unlink your NANDs to reduce the risk of screwing anything up. This also allows you to update your emuNAND to 9.5 whilst keeping your sysNAND on 9.2.
  • Turn the system off/on and boot to sysNAND
  • Remove your SD card - the 3DS will throw up an error message, but it's fine
  • Go to System Settings -> Other Settings -> Format System Memory* (this will reset the 3DS back to factory defaults)
  • Go through the initial setup procedure then, once at the home screen, plug your SD card back into the 3DS.
  • sysNAND will then create the necessary folders etc.
  • NANDs are now unlinked - anything installed in emuNAND will not affect sysNAND
* when you format the system it'll ask to connect to the internet - this is perfectly ok and it will not try to update. If you're on 9.2 before formatting, you'll still be on 9.2 afterwards.

Straximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. It crashes when pressing select or start. And after 5-10min of playing crashes Too. I am ysing july30 build. 9.0sys 9.5e emu. N3ds

9.0sys 9.5emu n3DS here as well, also running 7/30 Reinand. I loaded the 7/30 build last night, and played Animal Crossing a little while. Seemed fine. Just got a message from my wife saying it crashed when she pressed start to save in Animal Crossing.

Bill Ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question coming. How do I update my emunand to 9.5? I have the firmware packed as a cia. Also, how I do make sure my sysnand and emunand are unlinked?

Last edited by Bill Ding,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question coming. How do I update my emunand to 9.5? I have the firmware packed as a cia. Also, how I do make sure my sysnand and emunand are unlinked?
Update:
  1. Boot into EmuNAND
  2. Launch CIA installer (you do have one, right?)
  3. Install CIAs of firmware
  4. Restart
  5. Profit
Unlink:
  1. Shut off system
  2. Remove SD card
  3. Turn on system
  4. Settings -> Format
  5. Perform initial setup
  6. Insert SD card
  7. Profit

Status