rubaducky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've decided to look into getting a Cyclo DS.
The RTS feature is what is convincing me to hang up my trusty Acekard 2.

My question is regarding the *.sav file that is created whenever I decide to use RTS in a game.

Let's take this scenario for example:
I play a game for several hours and have make tons of progress. I then decide to play it on the train on the way to work, so I launch the game (holding select) and Cyclo creates an RTS file for the game. I then play it on the train and need to RTS it as my stop is coming up, and I am nowhere near a proper in-game save point.
In the evening I resume play from RTL (Real-time Load) and finally get to a save point in the game.
Where is my progress saved to?

I know that most flash cards create a *.sav file whenever a game is launched for the first time, and save progress into that file. I love that idea, as once I complete a game, I can delete it from my card and back up my save file in case I want to return to the game in the future.

So how does the RTS file differ? Is it another seperate file from the standard *.sav that is created whenever I perform a true in-game save, or are they combined?

rubaducky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you both for the fast replies!

I was thinking about the Supercard, but CycloDS is the only card available in my area (I'm in Melbourne, Australia) and Ozmodchips ship overnight.

Great news regarding the separate file. It's just what I wanted to hear!

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
As an FYI http://www.acegamestore.com/ has two stores in Victoria - there might be one close to your area and theys ell treh SuperCrd DS One
smile.gif

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep in mind if you're looking for a supercard DS One Dealextreme sells them for approx. HALF of what Acegamestore sells it for, if you don't mind the long wait for shipping. I'd still grab the cycloDS anyway because of the support and development, what's a few dollars eh?

rubaducky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, The English-speaking support and development team are a definite plus. It's also the little things like a pdf manual, tin box, and a dedicated and well organised forums section on the website that make the CycleDS feel like a "complete" package, rather than a beta release of some sort which relies on many future updates to get right.

I do however like that the Acekard 2 is open source (mostly) so there are a few great alternate OS's available for it.

Either way, the DS is something which in my opinion will only be around for another 2-3 years, so there's no need to focus our energies on getting the "perfect" flash card, as once something new is released (Super DS Lite?) I'm sure everyone will be more interested in developing cards for that!
As long as we can play our favourite games on it and save any time, I'm happy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.