Place SNES rainbow road files back into position

Load modified SNES rainbow road

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I added some information and links to my tools for the KCL collision maps and some general information about BFRES.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I'd probably just extend the textual section here in the first post. For texture mods, look into the MK8 modding central.

I almost made exporting a new KCL possible. But there seem to be some problems with the bit mask, so it doesn't work in-game (you just fall through. Re-importing it to Blender works flawlessy...)

Anyway, I extend the Blender addon for KCL to at least export new collision flags, so you can randomly place boosters, offroad sections or whatever visually soon.

EDIT: I just extended the parts of viewing a course model and editing KCL flags with the Blender add-ons.

Matzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it somehow possible to use your Blender plugin in order to extract/replace the ".dds" texture from for example the N64YoshiEgg?
I'm new to this, sorry if that was a dumb question :D

GoldYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant seem to get blender to show kcl models. they all appear blank even after zooming out quite a bit. in fact the only thing i can get to work are grey course models for the blender add-on you posted in the mk8 modding central.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it somehow possible to use your Blender plugin in order to extract/replace the ".dds" texture from for example the N64YoshiEgg?
I'm new to this, sorry if that was a dumb question :D
you can extract them, but not inject back, I'm not planning to support injections atm. (They're extracted in the work\DDS folder, which lies besides the model file and has its name, with a ".work" postfix.)

Cant seem to get blender to show kcl models. they all appear blank even after zooming out quite a bit. in fact the only thing i can get to work are grey course models for the blender add-on you posted in the mk8 modding central.
make sure your far camera clip range is set to 100,000, that covers all course models, then focus them with . if you can't find them manually.
if you only see gray course models, you're not in material view mode.

Reactions: Matzeus

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's generally no support on the MarioFart tools, they're quickly written.

Anyway, it's just the Start object with ID 6003. That doesn't make much sense. It keeps the location as it was before. Which track did you try, and can you post the resulting XML?

George35000vr

hippity hoppity get off my property
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Found out that there wasnt a comma on the start position numbers.Also is it possible to remove completely lakitu respawning without removing the LapPath section?

GoldYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out that there wasnt a comma on the start position numbers.Also is it possible to remove completely lakitu respawning without removing the LapPath section?
There probably is. Very complicated but I'm sure there is. But don't plan to skip parts of the track as you might be skipping checkpoints

George35000vr

hippity hoppity get off my property
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually both LapPath and EnemyPath are responsible for spawning lakitu...For some reason removing the "ReturningPoints" from the LapPath section will result to freeze every time you going OBB :/
I just wanted to make a pack with all the tracks with no lakitu so you would just spawn at the start point and that way it would be more challenging...
(and yeah i know my English sux:teach::rofl2:)

Last edited by George35000vr,

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ReturnPoints are referenced by index, and if you remove them, you get an invalid pointer and fuck everything up. It doesn't matter anyway. ReturnPoints are just the spots you get reset to, you're already triggered to get reset.
I didn't fully visualize it yet, but the lap path seems to be "thick" and if you go too far away from it, Lakitu kicks in.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally finished the Obj part of the add-on!
You can now:
  • Load all Areas, ClipAreas, EffectAreas and Objs, visualizing the parameters in Blender panels.
  • Allow editing of Obj configurations.
  • Export (modified) Objs to a new BYAML file written from scratch.
Please read the installation instructions as you have to set up your game directory path in the add-on settings.
I will update the BYAML tutorial here soon accordingly.

Here's a very lame but very first example edit of item boxes moved a little:
itemboxes.png

Add new objects (ignore my volume changer xD):
moreitemboxes.png

Editing in Blender looks like this at the moment (if you import the BFRES/SZS model with it). Importing the real models instead of placeholders is on the list!
example.png

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I added the tutorial about how to use the object editor add-on, and several images here and there! If anything's unclear, please ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.