Rayman SNES prototype released to the public

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 3, 2017.

1. SonicfanCEMUTesting

SonicfanCEMUTesting This guy

Mar 29, 2016
    Poland
    Somewhere on the internet
    Oh snap, really?! Finally we can get our hands on the long-lost Rayman SNES prototype, that is not lost anymore. :grog:

2. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    Time to inject a ROM into my 3DS' SNES VC :D

placebooooo likes this.
  3. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    I've been thinking about that too, but is it worth the trouble, really? you'll be spending more time injecting it than actually playing, and I don't think it's that interesting to even play for a second time.

RosaliinaDaHacker64 likes this.
  4. Kevinpuerta

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    Finally.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Very cool, glad it didn't end up in some pile of long lost betas, even though it's kinda pointless it's nice for the official Rayman origins to be seen :P

Glad to see this kinda of sharing being more common now days, there is no damage done to a brand by releasing a old non functional alpha, if anything it just serves as a kinda fan service for the biggest of fans of a franchise/brand, very much like the recent addition of Nintendo selling star fox 2, these actions in my eyes can only been seen as positive moves, keeping them buried serves no purpose :toot:

Last edited by gamesquest1, Jul 4, 2017
    smileyhead likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The music on gameboy sounds good for me. Most of the music is based on rayman 2. :P

7. placebooooo

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Interesting.
    Why was startfox 2 never originally released then?

I don't quite understand why production of games just stops out of nowhere (Earthbound for N64, starfox 2, and megaman legends for 3ds are examples I can think of off the top of my head). Wouldn't companies lose less money if they released the final product even if it was not as good as they wanted it to be? What is the main reason behind games ceasing development or never being released after years of work?

Sorry for throwing this at you, but I'm just curious if you happen to have an answer.

8. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    No need to stop? Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition is without a doubt getting in the way of an actual new Rayman game being developed. All those remasters/deluxe releases ultimately will take up space, time and money from a brand new game.

9. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    This post has been removed due to the staff's corruption to money and other people.

Last edited by Vipera, Aug 13, 2017
  10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Well sometimes it's down to budgets running out, companies closing down, liscences expiring before release, or studios not keeping up with demands of publishers and getting a project canned if it's taking too long, costing too much or if the publisher just decides a project isn't looking as good as they had hoped,

In regards to starfox 2 iirc Nintendo confirmed that they chose not to release starfox 2 primarily as they were just gearing up to launch the n64 and wanted all the attention on the n64 and making sure it had a strong launch, probably the same reason rayman got canned on the snes, as it was too close to the next gen release and efforts were best focused on taking advantage of next gen systems

placebooooo likes this.
  11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The music on gameboy sounds good for me.
    Mega man legends was cancelled due to low interest. Capcom made a prototype demo that required a paid version to played, people didn't purchase it and declared the low interest was the reason if i remember the story. People don't usually expect to pay for a demo or unfinished product, and no it wasn't kick starter or indigogo, it was a eshop purchase. If people wish to show support for something you buy it. Though this was a very uncommon thing to purchase a demo of a game even if it was like less than $3, the money could have went to support full game if they did make it. There is people who wanted it but it wasn't enough for the people who didn't buy it.

Earthbound was supposed to be N64DD game but the system ultimately failed and was cancelled, Starfox 2 was made in co-operation with the Argonaught games people (designer of the Super fx chip) and after partnership was done, they deemed it inappropriate to release. There is some sketchy stories behind the reason for non release games, ranging from believable to asinine. Starfox 2 will be on SNES classic as a bonus unlockable game after playing the first stage of starfox 1, personally I find it hard to top star fox 64. Super fx games on snes was impressive but that is all, impressive, Yoshi's island wasn't the game that was whole based on the Super FX chip so it wasn't as bad, like Doom, and Super fx racer and other such games. :P

placebooooo likes this.
  12. YuseiFD

YuseiFD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    Think of all the DLCs to complete this demo !

13. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Has anyone dumped this? I remember when it came out but I can't find it anywhere

14. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Dunno, it was eshop exclusive back in early 2012, at the time, mods or exploits wasn't a thing like it is now. Probably somewhere in capcom HQ. :P

15. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Starfox 2 was set to release not too long before the N64, and with it, Starfox 64. Nintendo didn't want Starfox 2 to eat into Starfox 64's momentum, so they shelved it. Starfox 64 wound up getting delayed to the point that I think they regretted their decision. In the end, though, they took many of its concepts and recycled them in other Starfox games, so the development was not wasted. Off the top of my, head the charge-up homing attack, Star Wolf team and, "All Range Mode" were pulled into Starfox 64. The strategic elements were pulled into Star Fox Command. The walker-transformation was pulled into Starfox Zero.

Last edited by grossaffe, Jul 5, 2017
    placebooooo likes this.
  16. homefryguy

homefryguy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    It was a joke. Nobody is proud of using zsnes.

17. luk_pop

luk_pop Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    Warszawa
    I'll try this at home on real hardware :)

18. Margo

Margo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    Really love Raymen games, if they released this somewhere it's will be nice!!!!

19. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    they just did. this primitive prototype as is will never make it into an official Rayman game, so this is all you'll play of it.

20. ninjafrog658

ninjafrog658 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    United States
    Ew
    BSNES is better